ADVERTISEMENT

Darnell Washington Desert Pines

220reb

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
So it's looking like the number one recruit in Nevada and #1 ranked athlete may not sign during the early signing period. His top three schools are Georgia, Miami and Tennessee. My question is did Sanchez ever talk to this kid before he developed into a top National recruit. Maybe one day real soon we'll get a few high-level kids to stay home.

So it's looking like the number one recruit in Nevada and #1 ranked athlete may not sign during the early signing period. His top three schools are Georgia, Miami and Tennessee. My question is did Sanchez ever talk to this kid before he developed into a top National recruit. Maybe one day real soon we'll get a few high-level kids to stay home.

UNLV has done better in regards to recruits then in the past, but it does seem that the best we can do is top 20 recruits and have not really been able to get top 10 recruits with the exception of those who transferred back to UNLV like Biaggio Walsh, Randal Grimes, and Alex Perry.

Reactions: 220reb
Sanchez talked, the kid and his coach David Hill weren't interested unless money was involved. $250k & the Dodge Charger he is driving is from Georgia

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Sanchez talked, the kid and his coach David Hill weren't interested unless money was involved. $250k & the Dodge Charger he is driving is from Georgia
So if Georgia did that I am wondering what Tennessee did.

He is the type of TE we need here, he would be able to exploit the seams in the middle of the field and I imagine his catch radius would be huge. If Arroyo cannot get in on him, find guys with a similar body type elsewhere but Arroyo needs to find these types of height weight frames for TE and OL even to a lesser extent WR.

Paging the fertittas ...!
Why do people think the Fertittas are eager to help out UNLV? Don’t people realize they don’t think of UNLV at all? We are a pimple on a rat’s ass. They gave money.... because a buddy was here. They secured his job and gave him a stay of execution too. Probably a nice tiny tax write off for them. But if people keep thinking they have a soft spot in their heart for UNLV ... they couldn’t care much less. Can you blame them?

Reactions: reagan21 and 220reb
Why do people think the Fertittas are eager to help out UNLV? Don’t people realize they don’t think of UNLV at all? We are a pimple on a rat’s ass. They gave money.... because a buddy was here. They secured his job and gave him a stay of execution too. Probably a nice tiny tax write off for them. But if people keep thinking they have a soft spot in their heart for UNLV ... they couldn’t care much less. Can you blame them?

I think he was joking...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT