ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread CSU Game

That is actually an excellent win. This is exactly the type of game UNLV teams of past lose. I like:

1) Defensive adjustments in second half didn't run the ball nearly as well second half.
2) Offensive adjustments second half let Maiava air it out a lot more.
3) Maiva basically had the equivalent of two game winning drives with the back to back fg drives to take the lead.
4) Maiava didn't play well until early 3rd quarter but made the throws when it counted.
5) They focused on White and De Jesus stepped up and the staff drew up plays for him too.

Gutsy, gutsy win for UNLV. Very rarely do we win games like that. Barry Odom is for real. Thank you, Arkansas! Now we just need to keep him and Maiava around.
Yeah I was just thinking the same about Maiva hopefully he doesn't get $$ thrown his way and leave.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The D looks more like a unit who has taken advantage of the bad teams we have played against instead of actually being good. I know what the stats are but the Rams are doing whatever they want right now.

The Rams scored 22 points and were under their season avg for passing yards..

They had 13 first half points. If that's another team doing whatever they want I'll take it every week.

I think we need to switch it up and try Brumfield at QB again.
It's kind of like that NASCAR driver getting the first win before the chase, locking them into the playoffs. It's like having a HUGE weight lifted from your shoulders and now have the ability to try something (within reason of course lol) new, stretch the legs a little and see what can continue to develope for the future.
THAT is what this feels like, for the first time...well ever maybe? Sure we've been bowl eligible in the past, but, didn't feel quite like this? This time truly feels different imho.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT