ADVERTISEMENT

computer feed to tv

Rebel Chi-girl

Lottery Pick
Aug 29, 2003
Henderson, NV
So how can I get the computer feed to play on my tv. I bought cables but still can't get the pic to work on the tv. Says not compatible with this feed?

The way I do it is through my laptops hdmi slot however if you have a spare computer or a media box you can buy an hdmi card and run it that way.

Never got it working. :( watched in on the computer. I'll try to figure it out but will probably be back for more advice.
The last laptop I owned had an HDMI slot, but nothing would happen when I would run a cord from laptop to TV. It was like the port/hole was there, but it was empty behind it. Checking my computer's drivers/ports/etc. I found out that it wasn't HDMI ready. You might be having this same problem. Check your laptop/CPU to make sure that you actually have HDMI driver/port/hardware.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
And for my recommendation: I've been very pleased with my Roku. Bought it on a whim last year before our game against Houston on ESPN3. Plugged it in, connect to wifi, and downloaded ESPN app/channel, and it worked great. Today it provided great clear coverage of the game through the Livestream app/channel.

$50, one time fee. No monthly payments. No complaints.

And for my recommendation: I've been very pleased with my Roku. Bought it on a whim last year before our game against Houston on ESPN3. Plugged it in, connect to wifi, and downloaded ESPN app/channel, and it worked great. Today it provided great clear coverage of the game through the Livestream app/channel.

$50, one time fee. No monthly payments. No complaints.
Thanks for the tips Rebelbuzz, I'll check my computer capability and look into Roku. I appreciate the advice.

Like Buzz I got the Roku last year. I got the 3 but struggle with knowing squat about computers. I've made several threads like this one in the past about issues with other things.

The 3 was $100 (purchase price with no additional monthly fees) and was very easy to setup. There are ESPN and Livestream apps which show the games. It was well worth the money for keeping my blood pressure to a minimum.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
I just have my tower sitting next to my TV and use my big screen as a computer monitor. Simple and effective. It works especially well since I use my computer for gaming now.

During halftime or the commercials when they go off air I just flip the input and I am watching another game.

Roku cut out with the loading bs at least a dozen times for me. Don't have Cox by my house so I will assume Internet where I am was getting slammed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT