ADVERTISEMENT

Composite Class Ratings

Sam

So you think only coaches that have built a program from nothing have any bearing when it comes to UNLV's next coach?....

No. I said that the best type of HC to take over the Rebels would be a young college coach from a great college coaching tree, with solid experience and coaching contacts to build a great staff for the job, plus, in regards to the topic of this thread, has a very good recruiting budget.

Regarding "Also with recruiting, you have yet to show when a school has increased their ranking of 8 point before they had success on the field. Still waiting on that." Which isn't relevant since mistakes all of my prior positions. I've said repeatedly that it won't happen over night. It takes time. There are many examples of recruiting going up after more money has been put into recruiting budgets but it's usually the 2nd recruiting class and the team won more games but there are examples of rankings going up after a bad season. Just look at Nebraska when Callihan took over in 2003. Frank Solich's 2003 team went 10-3. His last recruiting class [2003] was ranked 35th in the nation with a .8216. In 2004 Nebraska had it's 1st losing season in over 30 years and ended the NCAA record consecutive bowl game streak. However, their 2005 class [after Callihan received a $3 M bump in his recruiting budget] jumped to 8th in the nation with a .8589 class rating, which was lowered because of a 2 Star kicker and an unrated OG who is playing in the NFL now.

Last edited:
No. I said that the best type of HC to take over the Rebels would be a young college coach from a great college coaching tree, with solid experience and coaching contacts to build a great staff for the job, plus, in regards to the topic of this thread, has a very good recruiting budget.

Regarding "Also with recruiting, you have yet to show when a school has increased their ranking of 8 point before they had success on the field. Still waiting on that." Which isn't relevant since mistakes all of my prior positions. I've said repeatedly that it won't happen over night. It takes time. There are many examples of recruiting going up after more money has been put into recruiting budgets but it's usually the 2nd recruiting class and the team won more games but there are examples of rankings going up after a bad season. Just look at Nebraska when Callihan took over in 2003. Frank Solich's 2003 team went 10-3. His last recruiting class [2003] was ranked 35th in the nation with a .8216. In 2004 Nebraska had it's 1st losing season in over 30 years and ended the NCAA record consecutive bowl game streak. However, their 2005 class [after Callihan received a $3 M bump in his recruiting budget] jumped to 8th in the nation with a .8589 class rating, which was lowered because of a 2 Star kicker and an unrated OG who is playing in the NFL now.

I like Sanchez. I think he’s a decent fit at least empirically for the job. No denying he has done the backend work. But I am curious, if coach Sanchez got let go tomorrow, who are your realistic top 3? In addition, who would be your top 2 dream candidates.

Reactions: Sam-I-am
I think coach Sanchez and UNLV is going to make the jump this next season that I expected last season, if they don't make that jump, I can fully understand how many will want to see him replaced at the end of this next season.

And according to RIVALS, the numbers I posted are 100% correct. More importantly, only 16 prospects in Nevada signed with FBS schools compared to 9 in Eastern Nebraska and 5 of them signed with Nebraska. A total of 16 is pretty pathetic when Reno signed a total of 19 & UNLV signed 20 to the 2019 class.

So Nebraska signed 5 out of 9 signees. Two went FBS choosing Colorado State and Texas State. Two went to neighboring sparsely populated South Dakota (761,000 people). Only 2 kids signed with out of state FBS programs.
21 total Nevadans signed out of high school with FBS programs with 19 signing with schools outside of the state. Air Force signees Jordan Blakely and J.D. Kolb as well as Oregon State's Dylan Black weren't entered.
Kids getting recruited by home state schools mean nothing, that is the expectation. Getting recruited out of state is a different beast, especially coming from a non-super populated state that isn't in close proximity to any other football programs.

https://nevadaprepreport.rivals.com/search#?formValues={"sport":"Football","recruit_year":2019,"state.abbr":["NE"],"page_number":1,"page_size":100,"sort":{"prospect_profiles.committed_college_name":{"order":"desc"}},"status":["signed"]}

Back to the comparison with SMU. The population of Dallas is just over 1,340,000 and its metro area population, excluding the cities of Forth Worth, Arlington, Irvinton, Plano and Waco is just around 4,000,000. The Las Vegas Metro is just around 2,000,000. So 14 prospects from the 2,000,000 in Las Vegas signed with FBS schools, excluding military academies. How many, also excluding military academies, prospects who graduated specifically from only Dallas high schools signed with FBS programs in the 2019 class? Has to be at least 14 if the local recruiting pool of UNLV is just average, right? Maybe a total of 28 if the recruiting pool in Dallas is good compared to UNLV's average, right? Maybe a total of 100 signees if Dallas is great if UNLV's local recruiting pool is average, right?

Well the fact is that 351 players, from only Dallas High Schools, signed with FBS programs. That's not an aberration either. Appears to me that SMU's local recruiting pool is, as I said before, in another universe from UNLV's.

Yes, the new facilities and the new stadium will help, but not enough. No it won't happen over night either but no matter who the HC is, the recruiting budget must be increased if we are ever going to become a perennially winning program and it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Actually, 303 total High School Texans signed with FBS programs with 153 signing with instate schools

Baylor 15
Houston 7
North Texas 18
Rice 9
SMU 12
TCU 15
Texas 12
Texas A&M 16
Texas St 8
Texas Tech 12
UTEP 19
UTSA 12

An additional 74 signed with regional neighboring state schools
(Populations: Louisiana 4.48 million, Oklahoma 3.49 million, Arkansas 2.71 million, New Mexico 1.85 million)

Arkansas 6 (6 Arkansas signees)
Arkansas State 6 (2 Arkansas signees)
LSU 2 (10 Louisiana signees)
LA Tech 5 (6 Louisiana signees)
Oklahoma 10 (2 Oklahoma signees)
Oklahoma State 10 (3 Oklahoma signees)
Tulane 3 (4 Louisiana signees)
Tulsa 13 (3 Oklahoma signees)
UL Lafayette 4 (15 Louisiana signees)
UL Monroe 7 (2 Louisiana signees)
New Mexico 2 (1 New Mexico signee)
New Mexico State 8

Dallas has 7.4 million people, Houston 6.92 million, San Antonio 2.14 million, Austin 1.71 million (18.17 million total). With 76 player signing to non-neighboring states, that makes 4.1 players signed to non-regional schools per 1 million people. That excludes including the remaining 4 million people in Texas
Because Texas has so many football programs that sign a majority of Texas prospects, Texas will always have a ton of signees as it is self fulfilling in itself

Las Vegas has 2.04 million and Nevada has 3.03 million people with programs that sign just 2 Nevadan's per year. Still, 14 Las Vegas high school athletes signed with FBS schools in 2019 and 21 total Nevadans signed to FBS schools excluding JC guys.14 more high school players signed to regional FCS programs.
Nevada has annually has at least 2 player drafted to the NFL each of the last 7 seasons with several free agents that made NFL rosters during that time. Alize Mack, Jamell Garcia-Williams and Tyler Roemer are expected to continue that trend this season.

Last edited:
Part of the problem with Hauck is that he pretty much refused to offer locals. He expected locals to walk on, regardless of talent level. Missed a couple of good kids that wanted to be Rebels because of that.

Part of the problem with Hauck is that he pretty much refused to offer locals. He expected locals to walk on, regardless of talent level. Missed a couple of good kids that wanted to be Rebels because of that.

I'm not saying this is fact. Just something I heard.

Hauck was turned off by the reception he received from local HS coaches and even some players. Almost dismissive about UNLV.

On the other hand a lot of coaches were quoted in the papers that they saw Sanchez and his staff more in one year than they did Hauck's group in four years.

So who knows...

Reactions: RebelinWA
Bt09s6BFnz0
Here's why composite rankings must always be taken with a grain of salt:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...r-fake-recruit-247-rivals-recruiting-rankings

Some high school kids created a fake player using a random picture from a 2017 ASU recruit and no video or anything else other than an Alabama offer... and he gets a 0.8333 ranking.

Bt09s6BFnz0

Here's why composite rankings must always be taken with a grain of salt:...

That's certainly one of the reasons why I said that they are not perfect. Nevertheless, they are a very valuable tool in general. The stats and facts concerning them are never going to be 100% correct but those stats and facts demonstrate an exceptionally strong case in favor of their value.

So Nebraska signed 5 out of 9 signees. ....

Which again supports my point that UNLV's local recruiting pool isn't as great as you say it is. The Omaha metro area is only 432,000 which is basically around a 5th to a 4th of the Las Vegas Metro area. The best Omaha kid is a .9383 with 4 Stars [initially ranked long before he was offered by anyone] while the best in UNLV's local pool was .8912 and Omaha doesn't have anything close to a football factory like Gorman. The other 4 signees included Hickman from the same Omaha school, who is almost a 4 Star with a .8831 rating which is higher than the next highest rated player in the local recruiting pool of UNLV, who was Ma'ae from Gorman. The remaining signees were 3 Stars with an average rating of .8565.

Now look at the fact that Nebraska doesn't consider its local recruiting pool to be adequate to support a winning program. It has been their position ever since their "Bobfather" built the program into a National Power from 1962 that they had to recruit coast to coast.

UNLV must get players from within its local recruiting pool but the numbers and the quality are not enough to support a team that is contending to eventually get into the Top 25.

No doubt about it. TS hasn't been great at landing the local kids but he is 100% better than Hauck.
The point remains that, even if he did land all of the best local prospects, it's just not enough to fill a full recruiting class. Not even close. This class only had 14 prospects who were 3 Stars or better from Southern Nevada and the vast majority of them were below .8550. We can't just rely on those low numbers in quantity and quality. We need to land classes in the range of 20 -25 signees. 14 isn't close to enough in number or in quality

Last edited:
...., if coach Sanchez got let go tomorrow, who are your realistic top 3? In addition, who would be your top 2 dream candidates.

I'm not avoiding your question but I simply won't know until the next season is, at least, half way over.
I want the next Scott Frost or Neal Brown, really can't speculate as to who they are until we see who has grown the best out of the young new crop of potential college FBS level HCs. Of course, it will depend a great deal on what we have in the budget at the time. For example, when Troy hired Neal Brown and his staff back in 2015, they were paid more than we are currently paying TS and his staff plus their recruiting budget was twice what ours currently is and they are located in a great local recruiting pool along with having the contacts to take as many transfers from Bama, Auburn, GA, etc., as they can handle.
That being said, I would keep a close eye on Collin Klien [KSU], Jeffery Faris [Duke], Cort Dennison [Oregon], Troy Walters [Huskers] and I know I'm forgetting someone but I have to go

Always the budget with this guy..

Every single time.

Never a finger at possible shortcoming with coaches. Well unless its guys he doesn't like.

As if everyone on these boards isn't aware of the budget constraints that have existed here for 25 years now.

The better approach is to say 'here is what we have, how do we make it work.'

It's always somebody else's fault. AD sucks. AD won't loosen the purse strings. Locker rooms...Twenty five years of this same mantra.

30 million dollar facility. New stadium next year. Two things that were always pointed at. And yet the excuses about budgets are already popping up. I seem to recall members this staff taking pictures on a plane back in year one. They most definitely weren't slumming it on an Allegiant red eye..

Yes budget constraints exist. Yes it is a difficult job here. There are reasons this has been a difficult job.

But the excuse list now exceeds the reasons list..

The better path is let's look at programs in similar situations that have found some level of success.

How is Reno getting to bowl eligibility on a somewhat regular basis with a nearly identical budget?

How did Norvell inherit a dumpster from Polian and get to a bowl his second year?

What have they done right that we have done wrong.

Figure that out while waiting for the booster fairy to come along again...

Some times I wonder how much better the recruiting really has been.

'Highest ranked UNLV class ever'

108 nationally...

Is there really a huge difference between 108 and say 122?

Does it feel like it's a lot better because Sanchez has made it more than transparent than Hauck?

It seems like it's better. I think it is in overall depth, but in terms of impact/star guys. I'm not sure..

There will be some overlapping obviously. And if people want to argue Sanchez' coaches developed them that's fine. Probably fair to say in a number of cases. A lot of these guys will have played more under Sanchez than Hauck. But as far as bringing in/recruiting impact guys....I think it's closer than some might think.

QB

Herring/Sneed/Sherry/Decker

Vs

Rogers/Gilliam/Stanton/Palendech

The stars are better on Sanchez' group. Much more highly touted. Way more potential. But has that group been more productive or better than Hauck's. I'd say a little. A couple more wins overall. Roger's has the most potential. I would also say none have had as a good or as efficient of a season as Herring did his senior year though. (Herring may have been a Sanford guy that Hauck honored. Would have to check, if that is the case, then it's not really close) Potential definetly better with Sanchez' guys. Results as well, but not by all that much.

RB-

Lex over Cornett. Stats don't lie. Cornett was good Lex was better.

WR- Sanchez' group may be deeper but DeVante Davis and Boyd both Hauck guys are better than any Sanchez guys. I don't think it's really close here.

OL- Boyko. I think Sanchez' overall depth and talent is better, but has he landed a tackle or any other OL guy as good as Boyko was?

DL- Mike Hughes. You would have a hard time convincing me Sanchez has recruited a better player on the Dline than Mike Hughes.

LB- John Lotulelei. Two year Juco. From Hauck. Would you take any of Sanchez LBs over him?

DB- McTyer. Sanchez guy. I would say is arguably the best DB we've had here since Eric Wright.

Again, Sanchez has brought in better overall depth. I don't think there is any question.

But in terms of best guys, or most impactful guys, I don't think there is or has been a huge difference to this point yet.

Am I missing anybody from Hauck? Or Sanchez, that you or anybody would slot in there? This was off the top of my head..

You may be right. Sometimes it is hard to tell how good these guys really are in comparison to other coaches. Sanchez' transparency with recruiting does help when it comes to perception and quality.

We are landing more 3/4 star guys than ever before. We can have the debate that they "fall" to UNLV because maybe they are overrated. We can also have the debate when it comes to development being the reason they aren't necessarily performing. Or I'll to throw another reason, maybe these guys are good players but don't fit the system well?

As for WR's and the Houston players. Coach C is a holdover from Hauck, and I think it is hard to compare the recruits, since the primary recruiter is the same person.

You may be right. Sometimes it is hard to tell how good these guys really are in comparison to other coaches. Sanchez' transparency with recruiting does help when it comes to perception and quality.

We are landing more 3/4 star guys than ever before. We can have the debate that they "fall" to UNLV because maybe they are overrated. We can also have the debate when it comes to development being the reason they aren't necessarily performing. Or I'll to throw another reason, maybe these guys are good players but don't fit the system well?

As for WR's and the Houston players. Coach C is a holdover from Hauck, and I think it is hard to compare the recruits, since the primary recruiter is the same person.

Fair point about Coach C.

How much is coaching, how much is natural progression of the player just maturing physically? Really hard to say.

I think you look at position groups over time and can make a guess as to how position coaches are performing.

We have some groups like OL/WR/RB that have been pretty good during the Sanchez era.

Others like DL/DB that have been not so good.

Fair point about Coach C.

How much is coaching, how much is natural progression of the player just maturing physically? Really hard to say.

I think you look at position groups over time and can make a guess as to how position coaches are performing.

We have some groups like OL/WR/RB that have been pretty good during the Sanchez era.

Others like DL/DB that have been not so good.

Or you can look at it this way.

The WR and RB have been relatively constant. With Coach C grabbing most of the recruits in both coaching regimes. RB production has been really good, the WR production has fallen of a cliff. Of course a run first offense plays into that. But the WR corps has been a strength since coach C has been here. You would think that we would try to utilize that strength but we haven't. Of course Armani is a big factor in that too.

Defense has not been a strong suit since the J Rob era. But is has worsened over the past 4 years. Recruiting has been seemingly an after thought under Sanchez as you have pointed out. They have made strides this past offseason. But the disconnect of offense vs defense is arguably the biggest factor why we haven't had more team success than we have had.

Regarding "Also with recruiting, you have yet to show when a school has increased their ranking of 8 point before they had success on the field. Still waiting on that." Which isn't relevant since mistakes all of my prior po

sitions. I've said repeatedly that it won't happen over night. It takes time. There are many examples of recruiting going up after more money has been put into recruiting budgets but it's usually the 2nd recruiting class and the team won more games but there are examples of rankings going up after a bad season. Just look at Nebraska when Callihan took over in 2003. Frank Solich's 2003 team went 10-3. His last recruiting class [2003] was ranked 35th in the nation with a .8216. In 2004 Nebraska had it's 1st losing season in over 30 years and ended the NCAA record consecutive bowl game streak. However, their 2005 class [after Callihan received a $3 M bump in his recruiting budget] jumped to 8th in the nation with a .8589 class rating, which was lowered because of a 2 Star kicker and an unrated OG who is playing in the NFL now.

I used your own list and explained how it didn't fit your own requirements.

You haven't said it wouldn't happen overnight, you have insinuated that the next coach needs come in here and recruit the same level or better than Boise right away.

The idea is that you have yet to find an example where recruiting was elevated before success was made on the field. Nebraska doesn't quite fit since they are/were already a premier program in a major conference.

You have also yet to explain how Hawaii and UNR has had significantly more success than us with similar budgets.

Sanford was a hot assistant under Urban Meyer. He was labeled a co author of their spread offense at Utah. There is no way we get a coach with a similar resume now. We wouldn't be able to afford him, or he would have a much better situation than us.

Points we all agree on. We could use more money. Better recruiting will help.

But the next coach doesn't have to be a magic formula. It will have to be an up and comer or a has been. Up and comers tend to be my preference, but a has been that has had good success previously isn't a bad idea. And as has-beens go, Jim Mora is a pretty good candidate. Still young, was the most successful coach at UCLA in the past 30 years (a tough place to win, obviously), and had more success in the NFL than most NFL coaches that drop to the college ranks.

...But the disconnect of offense vs defense is arguably the biggest factor why we haven't had more team success than we have had.

Need to throw in special teams too. Special teams have put the defense and the offense in very bad field position since the 90s.

Or you can look at it this way.

The WR and RB have been relatively constant. With Coach C grabbing most of the recruits in both coaching regimes. RB production has been really good, the WR production has fallen of a cliff. Of course a run first offense plays into that. But the WR corps has been a strength since coach C has been here. You would think that we would try to utilize that strength but we haven't. Of course Armani is a big factor in that too.

Defense has not been a strong suit since the J Rob era. But is has worsened over the past 4 years. Recruiting has been seemingly an after thought under Sanchez as you have pointed out. They have made strides this past offseason. But the disconnect of offense vs defense is arguably the biggest factor why we haven't had more team success than we have had.

Fair points as well.

True.

Budget, budget, budget, Nebraska, budget, AD is clueless, budget, budget, budget, Ridiculous comparison to Power Conference dynasties, budget, budget, budget, budget, elude questions about like programs having success, budget, budget, this guy would kill the program, that guy was a disaster, deflect Sanchez criticism, budget, budget budget, build program, asked how, answer by building it, budget, budget, that guy's resume sucks, hiring that coach who busted the bcs would be loser mentality, cry about budget some more...

Special teams has been an atrocity. At least Hauck had and Sanchez now has a fairly good punter. Special teams should fix itself as we acquire better depth, in theory anyway. Its the same as year the last three coaches; there is an immediate need to upgrade speed on defense all around.

Last edited:

Let's see about that

Recruiting near the level of Boise State is unrealistic with the new facilities and stadium?
Lol. Boise State is barely 50th in the nation in recruit rating for the 2019 class. Oh lord no we shouldn't spend the money to eventually land a classes that are 50th in the nation.

So we just need to spend the money to get a class that barely 50th in the nation.

True you didn't say overnight. But I retorted that Boise is a name brand that built their program over several years and has the best G5 recruiting ranking in the country. You Lol'd.

So again, about that G5 school that improved their ranking before success. Still waiting on that.

Let's see about that

So we just need to spend the money to get a class that barely 50th in the nation.

True you didn't say overnight. But I retorted that Boise is a name brand that built their program over several years and has the best G5 recruiting ranking in the country. You Lol'd.

So again, about that G5 school that improved their ranking before success. Still waiting on that.

You misread his post.

See 'lol Boise State was barely 50th' actually means:

50th in the nation is a very difficult level to reach for non P5 schools. It will take years for UNLV to reach that type of success in recruiting.

Reactions: dcut03
Special teams has been an atrocity. At least Hauck had and Sanchez now has a fairly good punter. Special teams should fix itself as we acquire better depth, in theory anyway. Its the same as year the last three coaches; there is an immediate need to upgrade speed on defense all around.

This is true. Although early on Hauck had a couple decent return guys.

These last four years the return units have been really bad. Coverage units have been almost as bad.

Which again supports my point that UNLV's local recruiting pool isn't as great as you say it is. The Omaha metro area is only 432,000 which is basically around a 5th to a 4th of the Las Vegas Metro area. The best Omaha kid is a .9383 with 4 Stars [initially ranked long before he was offered by anyone] while the best in UNLV's local pool was .8912 and Omaha doesn't have anything close to a football factory like Gorman. The other 4 signees included Hickman from the same Omaha school, who is almost a 4 Star with a .8831 rating which is higher than the next highest rated player in the local recruiting pool of UNLV, who was Ma'ae from Gorman. The remaining signees were 3 Stars with an average rating of .8565.

Now look at the fact that Nebraska doesn't consider its local recruiting pool to be adequate to support a winning program. It has been their position ever since their "Bobfather" built the program into a National Power from 1962 that they had to recruit coast to coast.

UNLV must get players from within its local recruiting pool but the numbers and the quality are not enough to support a team that is contending to eventually get into the Top 25.

If you take just the guys that didn't sign with the major programs, you have a great Nevada only potential depth chart in 2018 including greater Nevada but excluding Reno:

Nevada non-Major Depth Chart

QB Christian Lopez Northern Alabama (10 games: 169/283 66% 2184 yards 14 tds 2 int (220 yards 5 tds rushing) (Kenyon Oblad, Markell Grayson, Randall Cunningham)

RB Donnel Pumphrey (SDSU/NFL 4th round NCAA career record holder), Rhamondre Stevenson (Oklahoma/JC All-American/JC rushing record) , Ty Flanagan (Idaho St Career 1701 yards 19 tds/HM Big Sky) (Biaggio Walsh, Eric Wilkes, Herman Gray, Elijah Hicks, Naim Geeslin, Aubrey Washington, Russell Booze)

WR Jamir Tillman (Navy 91 rec 1626 yards 10 tds) Frank Harris (All-American High Jumper), Elijah Kothe, Isiah Macklin, Justin Brown

WR Devonte Boyd (UNLV 198 rec 3242 yards 18 tds), Riley Hoff (CSM 168 rec 2258 yards 16 tds), Dakota Larson (D2 Freshman All-American 71 touches 1009 yards 9 tds), Kasey Allison, Darion Acohido

WR Savon Scarver (Utah St 20 rec 396 yards 3 tds/1st team All American KR), Ethan Dedeaux, Joshua Brown, Connor Richardson

TE Dalton Kincaid (USD 24 rec 374 yards 11 tds), Daniel Bellinger, Dylan Power, Jonah Laulu, Jake Ortale

OT John Molchon (Boise St All-MWC 26 starts), Jaron Caldwell, Donovan Outlaw, John Shulte, Dyllan Kounovsky,

OT Tyler Roemer (SDSU Fr All-American/NFL Combine invite) , Logan Hughes (JC-Fresno St: 15 starts) Eric Brown, Caden Sink

OG Will Hernandez (UTEP 1st Team All-American/2nd round NFL) Malik Noshi (NAU 26 starts/HM Big Sky), Julio Garcia, Terrence Smith,

OG Sala Aumavea (Oregon/JC All-American), Justin Polu (UNLV/HM MWC), Keenan King, Natron Naki,

OC Zack Singer, Kyler Hack, Donovan Moore

Defense
DE Jamell Garcia-Williams (JC-UAB 43 tackles 9.5 sacks), Chauntez Thomas (NAU 57 tackles 5 sacks), Michael Kelso (CSM 2yr 59 tackles 8.5 sacks), Zach Elefante,

DE Jarvis Polu (Navy career 129 tackles 4.5 sacks), Justin Belknap (w/o Arizona 43 tackles 3 sacks), Kameron Toomer, Bishop Jones, Jake Oliphant, Lorenzo Brown,

DT Noble Hall (SDSU HM MWC 121 tackles 8 sacks), Michael Hughes (UNLV NFL FA/131 yards 4 sacks), Rayshawn Henderson (Weber St car 72 tackles 1.5 sacks), Crishaun Lappin, Jay Kakiva (Fresno CC 26 tackles 2.5 sacks), Kendal Blakely, Germaine Carmena, Anthony SmithGriffin Kemp, Byron Buckles,

LB Isiah Carter (SOU 317 tackles 19 sacks 2 int) , Benton Wickersham (Boise St 35 tackles), Alex Sims, Cruz Littlefield, Jeffrey Ulofoshio

LB Robert Stanley (Fresno St 109 tackles 5 sacks), Nela Otukolo (Fresno St 78 tackles 3.5 sacks now SUU), Maliek Broady, Connor Mortenson, Dee Bowler, Jacob Littlefield, Roy Oto,

LB Farrell Hester (UNLV 83 tackles), Jeremiah Pritchard (Hawaii 63 tackles 2 sacks), Jordan Walker, Kyrin Allen, Aubrey Nellums, Tishawn Barnaby, Dahmany Whittle

CB Jocquez Kalili (UNLV 71 tackles 1 int), Mike Sims (SUU 34 tackles), Isaiah Herron, Antwuan Rainey, Zeivaun Ned, Knylen Miller, Octavian Bell,

CB Jabari Butler (Abilene-Christian All-Southland now at Penn St), Alex Perry (UNLV 24 tackles), Allan Mwata, Ashton Lawson, Joey Fox, Chamere Thomas

CB/Nickle Tim Hough (UNLV/Arizona 100 tackles 11 pbu 4 int), Austin Cooper (SOU 198 tackles 30 pbu 9 int), Ryan Beaulieu (Carroll 63 tackles 27 pbu 3 int), Jordan Lee,

S Okem Okeke (Hawaii 101 tackles 3 pd), Dalton Baker (UNLV 237 tackles 2 int 8 pbu), Kalen Hicks (Hawaii 96 tackles 2 sacks 3 pbu), Greg Francis, Stephon Stowers, Jojuan Claiborne,

S Kaimana Nacua (BYU/NFL FA 165 tackles 14 int 12 pbu), Justin Sweet (Colorado St 86 tackles 2 sacks 1 int 12 pbu), Nico Fertitta, Graeson Vereen, Eric Williams, Kaejin Smith

As for adding the major school signees, you would be able to match UNLV with any school in the country

Majors

QB Anu Solomon, Tate Martell
WR Jamir Tillman, Jailen Nailor, RJ Hubert, Randall Grimes, Cedric Tillman, Jaden Mitchell, Tyjon Lindsey,
TE Alize Jones, Breven Jordan
OT Tyrell Crosby (NFL), Edgar Burrolo, Samuelu Poutasi
OG Poutasi Poutasi, Nick Gates (NFL)

DE Elijah Wade, Adam Plant
DT Noah Jefferson, Haskell Garrett, Elijah George
LB Tony Fields, Palaie Gaoteote,
CB Casey Hughes, Tony Wallace
S Bubba Bolden, Armand Perry

You can't expect UNLV to recruit only Las Vegas and its not what I'm suggesting.
I feel the reason UNLV hasn't developed a major fan base nor has the ability to land major local prospects is because UNLV is more 'University in Nevada Las Vegas' than 'University of Nevada Las Vegas" as far as football is concerned.

Yup. Speed and toughness. When it comes to Special Team play, Frank Beamer was the bomb. He routinely said that Special Team performance is 90% toughness and will power. We need a lot more of that too.

CORRECT. End of discussion based upon your false premise.

Lol, the whole back and forth was your contention with me saying you were putting the cart before the horse. As in recruiting before success.

So you are ending the discussion since you can't find a realistic defense of your position? I'm fine with that. Discussion ended, sir

[cheers]

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Nope. Not going to discuss your false narrative. Thanks.

False narrative?

OK lets simplify the topic. Recruiting before success. How does that happen? Throw some more money at it? Give examples.

It really is a simple concept.

False narrative?

OK lets simplify the topic. Recruiting before success. How does that happen? Throw some more money at it? Give examples.

It really is a simple concept.
Happens all of the time. Already gave you the most extreme example of Callihan signing the #8 class in the nation after the worst season in 40 years >

So Callihan improved from a class that was 35th in the nation to 8th after a losing season and it was a horribly historically bad season to boot.

So, next time, please try reading and actually comprehending the actual post. "It really is a simple concept"

Happens all of the time. Already gave you the most extreme example of Callihan signing the #8 class in the nation after the worst season in 40 years >

So Callihan improved from a class that was 35th in the nation to 8th after a losing season and it was a horribly historically bad season to boot.

At an already established school.....

35th isn't 108th.

35th in the country gets you what WVU got last year...Yeah, I'll take 35th.

Compare apples to apples.

Try again...

So, next time, please try reading and actually comprehending the actual post. "It really is a simple concept"

Ok how about at a G5 school. You know a comparable situation?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT