ADVERTISEMENT

COLORADO OT

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
This isn't a Coach Prime bash. I said in another thread he would get showered with excessive praise for anything good he did at CU. He's also going to get lambasted in certain circles unfairly for any setbacks. Its the nature of things for polarizing figures.

His first season at CU is already a success regardless of how the rest plays out.

That said, the loss to a 1-4 Stanford team, at home, with a 29 point halftime lead is....bad. Like really bad..

WTH? I turned it off at the half.
And that's when it fell apart it seems. I fell asleep when it was 22-0 and when I woke up early this morning saw the final.

Seems like there was some bad play calling, there were a ton of penalties, and some clock management issues... thats what I gathered from reading twitter this morning.

Like Bull said, Colorado season is successful. Maybe thats not the messaging they will go with since they will not likely hit their goals (bowl, Pac 12 title, etc) but it's obvious this team is poised to be good moving forward

I’m in Seattle for the UO vs UW game. We went out last night to a spot with no TVs so wasn’t paying attention to what was happening. Got back to our hotel bar to see the game go to OT, still had no idea game was 29-0 until the CU grad at the bar told me. Unbelievable.that catch by the WR who had himself a season last night!!

I turned it on in the 1st half and it was Colorado dominance. 2nd half obviously flipped. CO defense isn't good, and just about every PAC team will be able to roll through it. They do have a good offense though, which will keep them in some games.

Reactions: RebelinWA
This isn't a Coach Prime bash. I said in another thread he would get showered with excessive praise for anything good he did at CU. He's also going to get lambasted in certain circles unfairly for any setbacks. Its the nature of things for polarizing figures.

His first season at CU is already a success regardless of how the rest plays out.

That said, the loss to a 1-4 Stanford team, at home, with a 29 point halftime lead is....bad. Like really bad..
Doesn’t matter who the coach is. The way that thing went down, it’s a bad loss. Really bad loss. I think CU is better, but Stanford is awful.

My first thought at halftime when it was 29-0 was guard against complacency. Stanford moved the ball all night and that WR had 300 yards receiving in the game. The first half got into their heads and they coasted in the 2nd. Live and learn but what I know, Prime will be heavy in the portal again this off-season for the help he needs. The NIL donations are already rolling in because CU finally is getting how things are really done, college football is king! I wish UNLV would figure things out someday, oh well.

Beat Nevada!

I turn it off at the half. That is crazy. This is all on Prime. He f*cked this one up.

• Haha
Reactions: Meister_Rebel
He didn’t tell his kid to throw up a prayer wounded duck in OT.

I understand coaches ultimately take the W’s and L’s and a good coach will take the L’s as such to take heat off the players.

But man, player performances win and lose more games than coaching decisions.
It should not have been any OT. Sound like Stanford adapted and CU never adjust.

CU’s D has been in question all year and Stanford moved the ball at will in the first half, just didn’t score. The people who hate Prime will blame Prime. The only reason people are negative towards Prime is their personal bias is showing, you hate him because he is unapologetically black! Prime has never been a problem anywhere in his career, his play backed up his talk and he is ahead of where many predicted he would be in coaching this year. My question is always, how can you “hate” a man you have never spoke to or met in your life, the answer is your looking a the cover of the book without reading a page!

Reactions: UNLVINMD
CU’s D has been in question all year and Stanford moved the ball at will in the first half, just didn’t score. The people who hate Prime will blame Prime. The only reason people are negative towards Prime is their personal bias is showing, you hate him because he is unapologetically black! Prime has never been a problem anywhere in his career, his play backed up his talk and he is ahead of where many predicted he would be in coaching this year. My question is always, how can you “hate” a man you have never spoke to or met in your life, the answer is your looking a the cover of the book without reading a page!
Why does it have to be a race thing? He ****ed up and cost CU the game. And it is not because the Color of his skin. Live and learn...And CU was willing to give him a lifetime contract which will afford him the time to grows as a coach. And he turn that down. Nobody blow a 29 pts lead and still have a job...in any sport.

Reactions: LocoRebel
The only reason people are negative towards Prime is their personal bias is showing, you hate him because he is unapologetically black!
I feel like we hashed this out in a different thread. If a white guy (any white guy. Former NFL player or not) came in and bashed the "bad" players it would have been a bad start. Then to, unprompted, after 1 or 2 wins (I forget whether it was after TCU or Nebraska) talk about America not wanting to see a black coach and black players having success and being confident is just headscratching.

I'm sure there are racists out there who did make it about race when they made a decision to dislike him. Personally, I didn't hear any of it. In a program press conference, he brought it up. If you have the whole link to the presser where it came up, I'd give it another watch, but I believe at that time I did hear the whole press conference. There wasn't a question talking about the challenges of winning as a minority head coach, he just brought it up himself.

To some extent, the conversation is appropriate given its a big deal - he's nearly the spokesperson of an entire group of people since there are so few black head coaches at that level.

But sometimes a brazen personality, where you point out things that you have felt or believe and assign those feelings to everyone, it makes people dislike you.

As a man, appropriate dialog because there will always been communities experiencing racism in America. But to say that's the only reason that anybody could dislike or disagree with him just doesn't ring true.

Why does it have to be a race thing? He ****ed up and cost CU the game. And it is not because the Color of his skin. Live and learn...And CU was willing to give him a lifetime contract which will afford him the time to grows as a coach. And he turn that down. Nobody blow a 29 pts lead and still have a job...in any sport.
I will give you a little hint. Some of us on this site are at the apex of our profession. That mean any new information being found, we will know about it. Not a single day in my professional life have I thought that I knew everything. Everyday is a learning. So much to learn and so much more to be discover. Just because a dude acts like a "know it all" doesn't mean he is. More than likely, he is an ignorant MOFO who trapped in time in his past glories. And it doesn't matter if he black, white, brown or green or blue or albino...etc

Last edited:

Sanders shouldn't even be in the Hall of Fame! He got trucked by Giants QB Dave Brown! Any player who gets trucked by Dave Brown should be ineligible for the Hall of Fame!

• Haha
Reactions: reagan21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT