ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports video on PAC-12 expansion that mentions UNLV

The next two schools will be from the AAC. They aren't going to take two MWC schools and have to pay the scheduling agreement withdrawal fees.

Thanks for sharing the video.

The next two schools will be from the AAC. They aren't going to take two MWC schools and have to pay the scheduling agreement withdrawal fees.

Thanks for sharing the video.
Didn't have a chance to watch the video yet, but the AAC exit fee now is what? $10m?

Sure beats $17m + appx $10m from the agreement

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Stanford and Cal care about academic's, not logistics. Stanford has all the money in the world and Cal gets money from UCLA now. They’ll stay in ACC.

Why is would an AAC team go the PAC? It’s a lateral move
They need two more teams to be an official conference. Unless Stanford and CAL return, which I doubt, where will they look. Certainly not the MWC as they aren't going to pay anymore on all those exit fees.

They need two more teams to be an official conference. Unless Stanford and CAL return, which I doubt, where will they look. Certainly not the MWC as they aren't going to pay anymore on all those exit fees.
I think they look to the AAC next, if not the nocal schools
I don't think they have fully shut the door on the MW just yet, but we would be a back up option. They have the funds if they still need 2 teams

Found, this on Youtube.
The Monty Show, at 6:26 min. He, says he has sources saying, the Pac 6 definitely wants UNLV to join.

I think getting the AAC to absorb the remaining MWC schools would make a beautiful East West conference. We give our notice for 2026, keep the PAC money, and kiss the MWC goodbye as we vote to shut her down. PAC may be interested in the future but, they certainly are not interested today. We have to take care of ourselves today. We need make a move sooner rather than later with the MWC folding and then we head to the AAC. It will be a large conference that can absorb some future defections and we stand a good chance of making better money than what we are going to beg for in our future media rights as the MWC burns down around us.

I think getting the AAC to absorb the remaining MWC schools would make a beautiful East West conference. We give our notice for 2026, keep the PAC money, and kiss the MWC goodbye as we vote to shut her down. PAC may be interested in the future but, they certainly are not interested today. We have to take care of ourselves today. We need make a move sooner rather than later with the MWC folding and then we head to the AAC. It will be a large conference that can absorb some future defections and we stand a good chance of making better money than what we are going to beg for in our future media rights as the MWC burns down around us.
The, travel will be hard for UNLV athletics.

The, travel will be hard for UNLV athletics.
I know you like women's sports right. With the four MWC schools headed to the PAC we will be down to 5 softball teams in the conference. They may be forced to go to the WAC or some other fringe West conference. I haven't looked at the other sports but even in Women's basketball we will be down to 7 teams. Hell of a conference tournament with 7 teams.

No, we need to part ways with the MWC to protect all of our sports. If it costs us more at least we keep them together. The PAC payout to the MWC will help with travel when we shut down the MWC in 2026.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
I know you like women's sports right. With the four MWC schools headed to the PAC we will be down to 5 softball teams in the conference. They may be forced to go to the WAC or some other fringe West conference. I haven't looked at the other sports but even in Women's basketball we will be down to 7 teams. Hell of a conference tournament with 7 teams.

No, we need to part ways with the MWC to protect all of our sports. If it costs us more at least we keep them together. The PAC payout to the MWC will help with travel when we shut down the MWC in 2026.
I, agree with you the Mountain West Conference is dying and want no part of it.
My, first choice is the Pac 6.
My, second choice is the Big 12.
My, third choice is the AAC.
And, yes I like women's sports. The only UNLV women's sports I care for is the Lady Rebels, volleyball and softball. In, that order.

So long as ACCdoesn't completely implode, I agree.
We've imploded. What teams are the MWC going to bring in to replace what we lost. The MWC is over. Its dead. We need to get the AAC to go with an East West mindset. If the other MWC schools want to stay then we still depart in 2026 and we take our share of PAC money with us after paying our exit fee.

We've imploded. What teams are the MWC going to bring in to replace what we lost. The MWC is over. Its dead. We need to get the AAC to go with an East West mindset. If the other MWC schools want to stay then we still depart in 2026 and we take our share of PAC money with us.

I'm all for it..

But is the AAC?

I, agree with you the Mountain West Conference is dying and want no part of it.
My, first choice is the Pac 6.
My, second choice is the Big 12.
My, third choice is the AAC.
And, yes I like women's sports. The only UNLV women's sports I care for is the Lady Rebels, volleyball and softball. In, that order.
I agree with those choices. It would be ideal. I just think the AAC could work if they want us. The PAC doesn't want us and the B12 is not going to expand anytime soon. We have to take care of ourselves first with what may be the only option. Again, I'm not sure the AAC even wants us but, I think they would take us and AF if the PAC steals UTSA and/or Memphis.

I have been calling everybody i know that might have some info on this. Take it how you want but what i am being told is minimum of 3 more teams will be announcing that they are leaving the MWC by end of football season ( UNLV, AF, Hawaii) Not all 3 to the PAC. Also told the PAC will have a presence in Texas. Dont be surprised is UNM ends up in the AAC.

If what i am told is true that is 8 schools leaving. Need a 9th so they can disolve the MWC. IMO UNR and Wyoming dont bring much in viewership. SJSU good market but they dont have much of any interest in their market. Utah St in a good market but the market is controlled by BYU and UoU. Even if one of those schools are grabbed by a conference that is 9 schools which os needed to vote to disolve the MWC but if once a school announces they are leaving they no longer have voting rights how do we get 9 votes to keep from having to pay exit fees?

Idk why the Big 12 doesn't add UNLV & AFA to make an 18 team, 2 division conference. The split between east & west schools via the map makes sense.

I have been calling everybody i know that might have some info on this. Take it how you want but what i am being told is minimum of 3 more teams will be announcing that they are leaving the MWC by end of football season ( UNLV, AF, Hawaii) Not all 3 to the PAC. Also told the PAC will have a presence in Texas. Dont be surprised is UNM ends up in the AAC.

If what i am told is true that is 8 schools leaving. Need a 9th so they can disolve the MWC. IMO UNR and Wyoming dont bring much in viewership. SJSU good market but they dont have much of any interest in their market. Utah St in a good market but the market is controlled by BYU and UoU. Even if one of those schools are grabbed by a conference that is 9 schools which os needed to vote to disolve the MWC but if once a school announces they are leaving they no longer have voting rights how do we get 9 votes to keep from having to pay exit fees?

Interesting UNM to AAC. Would have thought CUSA made more sense.

CUSA might be a landing spot for Hawaii.

To be honest I'll take UNLV going to either the PAC or AAC. Both are better options than what will be left of the MWC.

CUSA would be a big drop from the MWC. Really hope that's not in the cards.

Last edited:
Interesting UNM to AAC. Would have thought CUSA made more sense.

CUSA might be a landing spot for Hawaii.

To be honest I'll take UNLV going to either the PAC or AAC. Both are better options than what will be left of the MWC.

CUSA would be a big drop from the MWC. Really hope that's not in the cards.
How much does it cost us to play at Allegiant? If we drop to CUSA I can't believe we'd see attendance above the mid teens. That would be ridiculous in that stadium. We may want to hold off on the transfer of the Silver Bowl to the county.

How much does it cost us to play at Allegiant? If we drop to CUSA I can't believe we'd see attendance above the mid teens. That would be ridiculous in that stadium. We may want to hold off on the transfer of the Silver Bowl to the county.
If we go to CUSA we can use Chaparral's field they aren't using it on Saturday's.

Idk why the Big 12 doesn't add UNLV & AFA to make an 18 team, 2 division conference. The split between east & west schools via the map makes sense.
Big 12 probably doesnt want a service school. Makes scheduling difficult because the OOC is limited with Army and Navy having to be scheduled plus neither major program at AFA provides much for sports relevancy outside being a service academy.

This, was on the front page of ESPN website.
Take, it for what it's worth.

"UNLV's sales pitch to the expanding Pac 12 is looking pretty strong."

When they put a photo with us on that article header that is pretty cool.

i

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT