ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports Top 100+1

Doneoett

National Player of the Year
Jun 15, 2015
Not much love, hoping we do breakthrough this season.
90team logo

UNLV
We're waiting for that UNLV breakthrough; I think it'll need at least one more year. However, if Vegas is going to upset the apple cart in the Mountain West, it'll be on account of playing six guys with four or more years of college experience. Kevin Kruger went into the portal to stock up on experience. One young bright spot: Dedan Thomas Jr. is the Mountain West preseason freshman of the year. The four-star recruit was the top player in Nevada last season. Landing him was significant for Kruger and his staff.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
90team logo

UNLV
We're waiting for that UNLV breakthrough; I think it'll need at least one more year. However, if Vegas is going to upset the apple cart in the Mountain West, it'll be on account of playing six guys with four or more years of college experience. Kevin Kruger went into the portal to stock up on experience. One young bright spot: Dedan Thomas Jr. is the Mountain West preseason freshman of the year. The four-star recruit was the top player in Nevada last season. Landing him was significant for Kruger and his staff.
Hmm. If they are looking/half way expecting a break through year, then this would be the year because of the experience. Doesn't make sense. If they think this staff can turn the corner, this would be the team to do it.

Hmm. If they are looking/half way expecting a break through year, then this would be the year because of the experience. Doesn't make sense. If they think this staff can turn the corner, this would be the team to do it.
I noticed that he gives a lot of credit to other teams for loading up on transfers from non P5 teams. In the meantime, he disregards the P5 transfers from the Big 12 to UNLV. He has to get clicks so the traditional teams get his props. Understandable. My biggest concern is Gonzaga and the new transfers from EWU and Wyoming (Ike). Nembhard from Creighton is a no brainer.

90team logo

UNLV
We finish anywhere near that then let the Great reset begin. Luckily we are loaded with seniors and other than Thomas (local) if we could get a alluring HC we could keep most of the not highly acclaimed talent. IMO.

That whole list is just compiled from the various conferences lists. Then this guys shuffles everything together while stacking the deck with the normal eastern and big biases.

So what's your opinion.
sorry i thought u were referring to my post about CKK being gone if we finish 90#th ?? Yea i think we should be better than that. My hopes is 50-60 ish with Boone not being able to suit up. 40-50th if he is.

I’d be surprised if we finished lower than 4th. And I think we will be a top 60 team, top 70 team. Which puts you fringe, wrong side of things, need some breaks.
That’s fair, particularly given that the coaching staff hasn’t shown anything yet.

I’d be surprised if we finished lower than 4th. And I think we will be a top 60 team, top 70 team. Which puts you fringe, wrong side of things, need some breaks.
Top 60 or Top 70 is not the fringe. There are only @ 36 at large bids each year. I don't expect us to win our tournament because we almost never do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT