ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports: Group of Five Power Rankings: UNLV takes No. 1,

RedCannon

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2006
Austin, TX
Good to see this exposure, but it's SO early in the season. I'm interested to see how Houston plays against Oklahoma - try and get a better picture of how things stack up. I know we have a game in front of us to win first, and by a large margin, but I'm really excited for the Kansas game. That will be the true test to see how much we've improved.

Good to see this exposure, but it's SO early in the season. I'm interested to see how Houston plays against Oklahoma - try and get a better picture of how things stack up. I know we have a game in front of us to win first, and by a large margin, but I'm really excited for the Kansas game. That will be the true test to see how much we've improved.

Accolades are WAY too early. We haven’t proved anything yet.

Having said that, crazy to see us ranked number 1 in anything other than a bottom 10 ranking. Cool to see.

I get why we are ranked in this spot. We looked the most impressive in week one. Fresno actually has an argument there, but Michigan played it vanilla. Also an L will always hurt regardless of the opponent. Also the misleading final score hurts them too.
I think we turned heads because WE played vanilla where most know that our Offense is the dangerous part. Our defense which was thought to be a weakness, now looks like a strength.
The combination of those things put us over the top.
Having momentum does help in these things. Part of the reason Liberty got a lot of pub. They looked good playing against their weak ass schedule, and the rest of G5 struggled outside of JMU and Tulane.
We keep winning and this will help our chances at the playoff.

Accolades are WAY too early. We haven’t proved anything yet.

Having said that, crazy to see us ranked number 1 in anything other than a bottom 10 ranking. Cool to see.
We truly have not. But to see how this machine handles themselves is something to behold. If you looks at the measurements of the UH players vs UNLV players, UH is much superior. How was it display on the field at game time. UNLV could have cut them completely but did not. Sportsmanship by Coach O. Cannot wait to see how this team compete against KU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT