ADVERTISEMENT

Cameren Jenkins

Stez

Walk On
Dec 12, 2023
ON3 reported (nothing is 100% until the player announces) that True Freshman Cameren Jenkins has entered into the portal. Jenkins got decent amount of snaps at safety especially after Jerrae Williams went down and was productive. One thing to note is Cam has a twin brother Caden who is a starting corner at Baylor so that might be a place to monitor.

ON3 reported (nothing is 100% until the player announces) that True Freshman Cameren Jenkins has entered into the portal. Jenkins got decent amount of snaps at safety especially after Jerrae Williams went down and was productive. One thing to note is Cam has a twin brother Caden who is a starting corner at Baylor so that might be a place to monitor.
I can confirm that he is in the portal. I absolutely hate to say this, but it seems like this was the plan all along for all parties involved on their side. It was a "prove it" year.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Cool....go there.

I can confirm that he is in the portal. I absolutely hate to say this, but it seems like this was the plan all along for all parties involved on their side. It was a "prove it" year.
Do you mean he came to UNLV just to prove he was good enough to transfer out to another school ASAP?

Unfortunately, that is the new normal. To have 2 landscape changing rules in such a short amount of time (transfers/NIL). Really have to try and get ahead if the curve and adjust. The ”prove it“ model is going to be used more and more in my opinion

Unfortunately, that is the new normal. To have 2 landscape changing rules in such a short amount of time (transfers/NIL). Really have to try and get ahead if the curve and adjust. The ”prove it“ model is going to be used more and more in my opinion
He haven't prove shit, though. The coaches coach up a little bit and now he think he good enough. Just go then.

We are full on with players using schools, coaches using players. There’s not even faux loyalty anymore. The whole world is a stage, a tryout ….
We’ve seen it to some degree in hoops … easier because if you have the ball in your hands, it’s your world. You don’t “need” teammates to make you look good, you just “need” the ball. Enter hero ball bullshit.

First person I thought of was Seth Curry, Stephen Curry's brother. I forgot where he transferred from but he went to Duke after one year I believe.

Exhibit A as to why I'm warming to transfers.

It really might be the way to build teams anymore.

I still think you need a solid HS class every year. But a lot of these portal transfers have three sometimes four years of eligibility.

Somebody basically red shirt them for you.

You're getting a guy that's been through fall (possibly Spring as well) camp.

Guys don't have to sit a year anymore. You potentially get 2 possibly 3 more seasons than most JUCO transfers.

You're also potentially getting a more mature player on and off the field.

Use to be a class of 25 you saw 18 to 20 HS guys, a couple of JUCO guys to fill in positions of need and maybe a transfer.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
First person I thought of was Seth Curry, Stephen Curry's brother. I forgot where he transferred from but he went to Duke after one year I believe.
Seth went to Duke solely because K knew he had missed on Steph after Steph demoralized his team in March Madness.

Seth was good but not really on the level of talent K was bringing in every season.

They both went to Davidson

Reactions: UNLVbro
VMI they running and gunning at thT time.
Going to Duke helped him, had good NBA career to boot

Reactions: UNLVbro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT