ADVERTISEMENT

BYU vs UNLV flashback.

Rebel_Luv

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
This was one of the biggest BS delays i have ever witnessed in person. We had them on the ropes and they allowed Emery to like take what seemed like a eternity to find his contact and put it back in. Never saw anything like it. U pull the player and get him back in in the next time out. It gave them motivation because of the BOOs and allowed their 2nd best player to stay in the game.

This was one of the biggest BS delays i have ever witnessed in person. We had them on the ropes and they allowed Emery to like take what seemed like an eternity to find his contact and put it back in. Never saw anything like it. U pull the player and get him back in in the next time out. It gave them motivation because of the BOOs and allowed their 2nd best player to stay in the game.
If it weren’t for that damn contact lens and really poor officiating, UNLV would have probably won by 25. Even with the contact lens situation, if the fans didn’t boo to give BYU a boost, it might have been a 35 point win.

Or maybe BYU just kicked our ass because Jimmer was on fire and had range beyond what most defenses extend to.

If it weren’t for that damn contact lens and really poor officiating, UNLV would have probably won by 25. Even with the contact lens situation, if the fans didn’t boo to give BYU a boost, it might have been a 35 point win.

Or maybe BYU just kicked our ass because Jimmer was on fire and had range beyond what most defenses extend to.
My point is that the game should of never been delayed. It was at least 5 minutes from what i remember. I have seen similar situations and they never delay the game. It screwed up the momentum we had. That is why coaches call timeouts when their opponents go on runs.

My point is that the game should have never been delayed. It was at least 5 minutes from what i remember. I have seen similar situations and they never delay the game. It screwed up the momentum we had. That is why coaches call timeouts when their opponents go on runs.
Jimmer was hitting from the parking lot. He was the best offensive player in the country. We weren’t guarding 30 feet from the basket.

I know it’s usually the refs, injuries or lack of luck as reasons why UNLV drops games. Not true. Sometimes the other guy is just better than us, sometimes it’s because we aren’t very good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT