ADVERTISEMENT

BSU SHOWDOWN

unlove

Rebel Legend
Feb 24, 2004
Woke up this morning not thinking about last night’s game but THIS week’s game. Short Friday turnaround. I’m already beginning to feel amped up for this game. Hope our players rest up today. Any injuries coming out of last night? One of our offensive linemen was helped off the field and he appeared to have trouble putting weight on his right leg. Can’t recall who it was. Any other injuries?

Woke up this morning not thinking about last night’s game but THIS week’s game. Short Friday turnaround. I’m already beginning to feel amped up for this game. Hope our players rest up today. Any injuries coming out of last night? One of our offensive linemen was helped off the field and he appeared to have trouble putting weight on his right leg. Can’t recall who it was. Any other injuries?
I’ve been thinking about Boise since we dropped the Cuse game.

St John is who left, our 1st or 2nd best OL player.

Hope he’s ok, we need him.

I didn’t notice any other injuries last night.

Is this the most important game is UNLV football history?
Yes. Winning this sets up a MWC championship game on our turf and vaults us into AP rankings. It puts us in drivers seat for CFP. A loss probably eliminates us from that but also leaves 0 room for error to even make it back to Title game... the rest of the conference is so bad that the unbalanced schedule is beneficial to teams like CSU that don't play UNLV or Boise this year.

Arkansas game was probably the biggest victory in program history just for the simple fact that it showed there was still a pulse in the program.

Should we beat Boise, everyone is going to be gunning for unlv to pull off an upset. This will be the last game unlv is the hunter, and not the hunted. You think Reno will be salivating at the thought of ruining our season?

If we make it to the playoff it could change what conference we're in. It's definitely the most important game so far in UNLV history.
At a minimum it would put UNLV in a position of being a hot ticket when it comes to broadcasting the games. The better UNLV does, the better the MWC does, and the better chance to move to a major conference!

Winning outright and making it to the playoffs would put us in the same boat as a Tulane. They recently had success (that I'm aware of) and, when mentioned as an addition to the B12/ACC, the census is generally, "That's not the worst school," meaning that people could justify it.

I don't see it as the end all, be all in terms of perception, though. Win a game or two in the playoffs and the B12 is telling Iowa State that we aren't so bad after all.

I'm not so sure about that.

I think CSU dodges UNLV and Boise State this year. They could go undefeated in MWC play.
The bottom half of the MWC is so mediocre that any one of the teams left they have to play can step up and beat them. They arent exactly barnstorming their way through mediocrity... and now without Horton things are a lot tougher for them. In fact I think UNM might beat them this weekend

Winning the Championship game and a close loss might be enough depending on Army/Navy and how they shake out in the rankings.

Rooting for the chaos where Army and Navy fa e off in AAC title fame and then have to play in The actual Army/Navy game a week later.

Army's schedule has been pretty light but they are blowing the doors off of people.

Army QB could be in Heisman mix if they continue to win. (Don't think he even get invite) but his numbers...

609 yards passing 7tds 0ints
900 yards rushing and 19 TDs.

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelinWA
The bottom half of the MWC is so mediocre that any one of the teams left they have to play can step up and beat them. They arent exactly barnstorming their way through mediocrity... and now without Horton things are a lot tougher for them. In fact I think UNM might beat them this weekend

I don't disagree. Just pointing out they don't have UNLV or Boise so path is easier. Could run table eliminating UNLV or Boise.

UNM's offense is rolling right now. Dangerous team.

CSU does have Fresno on the road.

I don't disagree. Just pointing out they don't have UNLV or Boise so path is easier. Could run table eliminating UNLV or Boise.

UNM's offense is rolling right now. Dangerous team.

CSU does have Fresno on the road.
We beat BSU then CSU runs the table giving us a matchup vs CSU in the title game would replace Sydney Sweeney as my hall pass. :)

Both Navy/Army have ND before they play each other, just beat Boise on Friday Night, that's all that matters until next week.
If either Army or Navy beats Notre Dame and runs the table, you'd have to think that they would get the bid regardless of what others do. However, if Notre Dame beats both of them, it's possible that a 1-2 loss MW team could get the bid over the 1 loss Army/Navy teams.

If either Army or Navy beats Notre Dame and runs the table, you'd have to think that they would get the bid regardless of what others do. However, if Notre Dame beats both of them, it's possible that a 1-2 loss MW team could get the bid over the 1 loss Army/Navy teams.
If ND beats them both they still have to play each other once and probably twice. If ND beats them both and then they split in the Army/Navy games, they'd each have 2 losses. That's what we need to happen.

If ND beats either of them its over for their chances. Neither plays a strong enough schedule to compensate for the loss. Theyll be a nice story right up until that point and then immediately drop out of the rankings and contention for the CFP. Thats how it works especially when your schedule isnt very strong

If ND beats either of them its over for their chances. Neither plays a strong enough schedule to compensate for the loss. Theyll be a nice story right up until that point and then immediately drop out of the rankings and contention for the CFP. Thats how it works especially when your schedule isnt very strong
That was my point exactly. If ND beats both of them, regardless of how they do against each other, a 1-2 loss MWC team may get the nod over them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT