ADVERTISEMENT

BSU SHOWDOWN

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully things will slow down a bit with all the transfers, but that's probably just wishful thinking.
The portal and entitled attitudes have taken a lot of the love out of college sports for me.

Call me antiquated or whatever you want to say but the old mentality was alluring to me. This isn't a within 2-3 years thing, either. I remember certain MBB players on Rice's teams that I didn't care for much, despite their talent. I liked the AC repairman (on Lon's team) more that them.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Say what you want about the portal and NIL killing the game and your enthusiasm but guys like Ricky White Jason Catalon and Jackson Woodard make me say it will be all good.

Those guys are three of the good ones who transferred in via the portal and earned whatever NIL money they get! #portalaintallbad

• Love
Reactions: LVRebel2000
The portal and entitled attitudes have taken a lot of the love out of college sports for me.

Call me antiquated or whatever you want to say but the old mentality was alluring to me. This isn't a within 2-3 years thing, either. I remember certain MBB players on Rice's teams that I didn't care for much, despite their talent. I liked the AC repairman (on Lon's team) more that them.
Bailey?

yeah, I'm with you. You might get 1-2 transfers a year coming in, but you'd also have a bunch of guys that have come up through the system, paying their dues until it was their time. For some it was earlier than others, but you got to know the players and see them as they grow. Now, some teams change drastically year to year.

Say what you want about the portal and NIL killing the game and your enthusiasm but guys like Ricky White Jason Catalon and Jackson Woodard make me say it will be all good.

Those guys are three of the good ones who transferred in via the portal and earned whatever NIL money they get! #portalaintallbad
It's definitely not all bad. I think it can actually make it easier to overhaul a roster and win sooner, but it takes away some of what was special about the college game vs. pro game. The system now is even more unstable than professional leagues, since there aren't even really contracts and guys can change teams multiple times in 2-3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT