ADVERTISEMENT

Boxing Thread

Dude, the fight was a bunch of holding and hugging..I turned it off at round 5.

Reactions: LuvMeSomeRebs
Dude, the fight was a bunch of holding and hugging..I turned it off at round 5.

The KO was legitimate.

Say what you want about Paul, he has learned some actual boxing.

Watch the highlight of the KO. About 10 seconds before the right hand that ends the fight he feints like he is going to jab to the body, steps back. Next time he feints, Woodley assumed it was just that, another feint and drops his left hand and gets put to sleep..

Is he a top 10 or even 100 fighter...No. But he isn't devoid of any skill.

My stream went out literally seconds before the KO. I wasn't too upset though because it was a boring hugfest. I would've liked to have seen the KO however. Paul definitely has some skills, but I want to see him in there with an actual boxing professional.

Reactions: RebelScrub
My stream went out literally seconds before the KO. I wasn't too upset though because it was a boring hugfest. I would've liked to have seen the KO however. Paul definitely has some skills, but I want to see him in there with an actual boxing professional.

He could probably win a fair share of fights if matched properly (soft). I don't expect him to ever be a legitimate contender or anything, but he can fight a bit. The KO is brutal..

Here you go..

You'll see he set that shot up about 5-10 seconds before by fainting the jab to the body.

Keith Thurman vs Barrios..

KT hasn’t fought since he lost to Pacquiao. That’s a lot of ring rust.

garbage ppv at Mandalay Bay during all star weekend

There's reason PBC had Barrios as Thurmans opponent, just like Garcia against Spence, slow and easy to be outboxed, card was total garbage.
Thurman can't handle any type of body shot, he's looking cash in and retire.

New star born Bam Rodriquez, kid moved up from 108 to 115 and won WBC belt.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Spence and Ugas will be good fight, I do know this, if it's close Spence gets the decision, no way PBC wants Ugas to take the 0 from Spence, while he dodges Crawford like the plague.
Thurman v.s. Crawford fights the winner, but we know PBC, has Thurman lined up against Spence, Crawford will sit until the WBO mandates he fight Ortiz who is the mandatory, will Showtime tell PBC-Haymon that they want Ennis to fight Spence? Nahhhh, to much risk for the 0 to go away, just like Tank who fights bums.

Spence Ugas fight

Spence Ugas fight

Spence is good. Very good in fact. Feels like he's missing something though..

He's just not all that dynamic.

Solid boxer.
Probably better defensively than people give him credit for.
Good but not great power.
Solid chin.

I wouldn't call him overrated, more overhyped..

Last edited:
I want spence vs crawford next!
Spence is good, not huge puncher, he has issues with guy like Porter who aggressive and moves alot, standing guys he eats up, he's very smooth jab, he needs signature win Crawford gives that, however I believe Crawford beats him.

I want spence vs crawford next!
Spence is good, not huge puncher, he has issues with guy like Porter who aggressive and moves alot, standing guys he eats up, he's very smooth jab, he needs signature win Crawford gives that, however I believe Crawford beats him.

Spence's power got a little overhyped early in his career. Like you said, good not great puncher.

I'm with you, I think Bud Crawford beats him, but Spence is a naturally bigger guy. Probably strongest guy Bud will have fought to date...He could test Crawford...

Spence Crawford will be the best welterweight fight since Trinidad De La Hoya..

Whyte Fury, who do you guys have?

Put fight in vegas at allegiant, it deserves the vegas spotlight.

I am interested in Canelo Bivol fight, Bivol is really good boxer, could be a tricky fight.

Put fight in vegas at allegiant, it deserves the vegas spotlight.

I am interested in Canelo Bivol fight, Bivol is really good boxer, could be a tricky fight.

Does he hit hard enough to keep Canelo honest....

This is why when people say Floyd Mayweather couldn't punch.

He absolutely could, he just rarely risked defense for the sake of pressing an advantage.

He caught Canelo with a counter right hand early in that fight and Canelo rarely pressed the rest of the night..

Did you guys see Golovkin vs Murata a couple of weeks ago?

Golovkin Canelo 3 should have happened a long time ago.

that Fury Whyte fight was garbage. Glad I didn’t pay for that fight..

Does he hit hard enough to keep Canelo honest....

This is why when people say Floyd Mayweather couldn't punch.

He absolutely could, he just rarely risked defense for the sake of pressing an advantage.

He caught Canelo with a counter right hand early in that fight and Canelo rarely pressed the rest of the night..
Floyd was a very underrated puncher, he could've ended a lot of his fights earlier than he did, but like you said, he used his superior defense to wear out his opponents then began taking them apart.

When he was fighting McGregor, early in the fight my Son said "I'm sorry, but Conor's winning this fight", I just laughed and said, Floyd can KO Conor whenever he wants, he's literally toying with him.

Brittle hands also prevented more ko's.

Floyd had hand issues early in his career, at 130 he destroyed Corrales, as he moved up he became more defensive, he was more natural 135-140 then at 147. Great fighter but loses to Leonard/Hearne.

On Bivol he prefers boxing, his jab and combinations will be key, can Canelo use his left hook and slow him down late?
Bivol is natural bigger guy.

Whyte had no chance against Fury, total miss-match.

Valdez vs Stevenson, is Stevenson star in the making? Huge fights for him at 135 if he wins Saturday night

I’m usually not big on women’s boxing at all but tonight is gonna have two of the “best” Amy Serrano vs Katie Taylor. This fight has been brewing for at least 2 years.

And then Valdez- Stevenson is also tonight. I’ll try to send a link if anyone is interested.

Bivol with the upset. That guy is huge.

Canelo been eating too many of those new Birria tacos here in Vegas.

Reactions: RRebel
Yeah..he was way up and I can’t score a fight worth a crap.

I was looking at a few of the scorecards from ESPN, CBS Sports and DAZN (Canelo's gravy train).

All of them had Bivol winning comfortably...Except the guy scoring for DAZN who had it a draw...Had the audacity to say '114-114 it's a close fight, but remember we're in Vegas'

As if priming the Canelo fans for a 'bad decision'...

I had it 8-3-1 for Bivol..

He boxed well and his size proved to be a problem for Canelo. Never hurt Canelo but Canelo couldn't bully him like he did Plant...

I wonder if Canelo was looking past Bivol to Sept. 17th. Maybe he was a tad over confident. The rematch should be good, we'll find out then if this was a fluke.

I wonder if Canelo was looking past Bivol to Sept. 17th. Maybe he was a tad over confident. The rematch should be good, we'll find out then if this was a fluke.

I wouldn't be shocked if Canelo won a rematch.

But Bivol's size is going to give him problems.

Bivol never really hurt Canelo, but he put enough on him to keep him honest.

Canelo had to get inside in this fight. Even when he did, he couldn't bully Bivol, who held his own on the inside.

From the outside, Bivol controlled the fight pretty easily...

If Canelo was looking ahead, he's a fool because Bivol is solid..

Reactions: RRebel
Bivol jab and size, he's really good defensively I don't see canelo beating him. 117-111 wasn't close. Bivol size and skill set, canelo has rematch clause, he says he will use it, if I am him fight GGG and stay at 168.

Reactions: JAGERVEGAS
Bivol jab and size, he's really good defensively I don't see canelo beating him. 117-111 wasn't close. Bivol size and skill set, canelo has rematch clause, he says he will use it, if I am him fight GGG and stay at 168.

I'd fight GGG if I were Canelo. Age is definitely catching up to him...

I don't think a third fight would/will be nearly as competitive...

Reactions: UNLVINMD
Charlie’s vs Castano 2

I vaguely remember having Castano winning the first fight..

Gervonta Davis vs Rolly Romero.

Rolly knows how to sell a fight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT