ADVERTISEMENT

Boise: Parquet and Gilbert

We’re basically trading Parquet for Gilbert? Dude..we’re F’d.

We’ve been winning without Gilbert. What does that tell you.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
We’re basically trading Parquet for Gilbert? Dude..we’re F’d.

We’ve been winning without Gilbert. What does that tell you.
If we're going to have a shot at beating Boise, and winning the tournament, we'll need Gilbert. More specifically, early season Gilbert. Not sure what happened over the course of the year, but I remember watching him the first 10 games of the season and I was very impressed. Solid defensively, good scorer, knocking down 3's. What changed for him this season? Did he just lose confidence somehow?

If we're going to have a shot at beating Boise, and winning the tournament, we'll need Gilbert. More specifically, early season Gilbert. Not sure what happened over the course of the year, but I remember watching him the first 10 games of the season and I was very impressed. Solid defensively, good scorer, knocking down 3's. What changed for him this season? Did he just lose confidence somehow?
The USF game, he hasn’t been right since he missed that last shot against the Dons!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Don’t know. But he went from “best” all around player early to inconsistent and poor more times than not.

The USF game, he hasn’t been right since he missed that last shot against the Dons!
This is a fact. He probably heard a lot of noise after that loss and has been regressing because he keeps trying to do too much to make up for it. He was great earlier in the season and has turned into a detriment about half the time since then.

You are right! Gilbert is much more valuable than Parquet if we had to choose just one. With Nowell emerging and even Burist getting some PT, Parquet's loss doesnt sting as much. On offense he just stands there.

We need Gilbert to put up 15-5-5 tonight to win imo.

Guys we’re going to lose. So I had a threesome yesterday.

Roommate told me this morning that she is on her period. No I’m not going to have period sex with her.

So, the rebels won yesterday cause I had threesome sex.

Well, today that ends and so does
our streak.

Rebels lose in a heartbreaker. Gilbert becomes Goat reason why we lose. Also I didn’t have sex..we lose.

Bet the farm on Boise St.

Rebels lose 50-64.

He thought he was a star, if you noticed early in the season, basically all his 3 point shots, catch and shoot, now he dribbling and then shooting, forcing shots he's not really able to make now. Outside of Harkless and Hamilton the last 3 years, UNLV does not have 1 other player that can create after they have been scouted by MWC coaches, that's why you see how UNLV and other teams struggle in conference, you better be better or play as a team and get rid of the weeeeeeeevvvvveeee offense, it be nice if we ran sets for once?

Don’t know. But he went from “best” all around player early to inconsistent and poor more times than not.
It was Christmas break. Not sure what happened in St Louis but it sure didn't help him. Couldn't get a flight back and has more times than not been more of a detriment than an asset since then.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Alright, now that I am rested and sobered up a bit from last night. Today just really freakin sucks. Roommate is totally on her period and me being a single man who hasn’t lived with a woman on her post menopausal stage, I kinda wish I never hooked up.

For all the married men out there, I Now can fully empathize. Women at 46 years old going through menopause. They become entirely different human beings. So now it’s literally like living with the exorcist.

Alright back to the game, Boise got off really hot like another poster said..it was just demoralizing. I took 3 gummies during the game so for those that saw me, I was just at this point, literally dancing at any music that was coming on. I sat with some Utah State and lobo fans. The Utah State fans, I had to remind them of the water cannon incident. I totally apologized to the lobo fans behind me for my behavior. I mentioned Norm Ellenberger and lied and said I watched some of his games. They were friends of his and moved into his house.

As a 46 year old,I’m not heartbroken..it is, what it is. I’m not a fan of Kruger ball 2.0. Which is basically Division 1 leftovers post Covid.I paid 125 bucks for season tickets and it is still a good value so I will be going to next years games win or lose.

I paid 60 dollars for the tournament game at the door last night and supplied the weed for everyone around me.

Let me guys just give you a grim reminder. It is 2023. 3 years after Covid and in the new world of NIL and paying players, UNLV has not adapted well. We got left behind. I don’t care if we play in the Pac 12 or worse yet stick around in this dump of a conference

I saw the game, I just want to thank all the players who put in their hard work for my entertainment. The hard work may not have translated into wins as I would have liked but I saw a rag tag group of kids who never gave up even in the shadow of a huge deficit. They could have folded and gone through the motions. But they didn’t. They battled hard and punched back.

These are just kids. It’s not professional sports so go light on them. And I have said things about them this year. They are just honest critiques of their game. Nothing about them personally..

I had a great time this year. Met 3 anonymous Rebel-netters this year at the games. Finally met the man himself after the game.

@WarthogRebel!!!

This guy is awesome in person. We chatted for like 10 minutes(I could be wrong..marijuana just messes up your time spatiality). He’s an actual pilot who has flown an actual A10 warthog!!

I’m sorry, I’m giddy as hell.

This guy doesn’t know how many YouTube videos I seen of A-10 warthogs in action. No seriously..I’ve watched them all.

I invited him to go out after the game and watch me pick up women but alas..he too has female obligations to attend to.

Alright RebelNetters..that’s it. See ya guys in November or December, depending on the finalized schedule.

Or..it is official Off-season topics 2023

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT