ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest commit in recent history

Charles Correa from Gorman finally went public. Told the staff over a month ago. One of the top LBs in the nation. It's going to get real scary very soon.
Not doubting you, but just curious why you say this is the biggest commit in recent history? From what I see, he's a 3 star LB, which is very good. Just wondering why this is bigger than similarly rated guys like Lucas Conti, Ed Haynes, Jayden Maiava, Kyle Williams, Doug Brumfield, etc.

Is it because he's a Gorman guy? Or maybe his relationship to other locals?

We also got a linebacker commit who is graded the same about a month ago.

Either way good to see a top ranked Gorman kid come our way. Especially on defense.
Yup, I posted about Kahekili too. That was a great pickup and the biggest one at the time. These two will be a scary duo.

Correa committing can really open the floodgates!

Last edited:
Not doubting you, but just curious why you say this is the biggest commit in recent history? From what I see, he's a 3 star LB, which is very good. Just wondering why this is bigger than similarly rated guys like Lucas Conti, Ed Haynes, Jayden Maiava, Kyle Williams, Doug Brumfield, etc.

Is it because he's a Gorman guy? Or maybe his relationship to other locals?
Valid question, but its strictly because hes a Gorman guy who actually wanted to stay home and his relationship to other locals is key here. Hes close to basically every local and also very close to a lot of CA kids. When he speaks, people listen and he will be in a lot of peoples ears. He is already in Micah's ear so lets see how his recruitment ends.

He has also talked to Greg Burrell and David Washington. Those two would be insane pickups. Would really change a lot of things for us.

Last edited:
Valid question, but its strictly because hes a Gorman guy who actually wanted to stay home and his relationship to other locals is key here. Hes close to basically every local and also very close to a lot of CA kids. When he speaks, people listen and he will be in a lot of peoples ears. He is already in Micah's ear so lets see how his recruitment ends.

He has also talked to Greg Burrell and David Washington. Those two would be insane pickups. Would really change a lot of things for us.
What are his other scholarship offers besides UNLV?

Idr all of them off the top of my head but Arizona, high interest from Stanford and USC, Utah State, Nevada, and some others.
Looks like your job linked to Football, Basketball (mens and womens) has just improved GREATLY in the last few months. Would be a dream job if things keep going in the UP direction.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Coach Odom and staff remind me of Chris Petersen, UW and BSU head coach. He always recruited heart and academics rather than stars. A majority of our big men will need some time with great coaches to develop the push away strength plus develop some quick feet. The wide receivers and tight ends start at 5'7" and go to 6'7" with speed as the primary value. Linebackers are getting bigger, faster, stronger. The Vice Squad is looking good. Coach Marion's offense should be like basketball on grass. People should give this staff time to install all of their programs including future recruiting.

Reactions: 220reb
What I mean by push aways is a high percentage of weight room training being lighter weights with high repetitions. It worked for Chris Peterson and the new Fresno/UW coach preaches the same mantra. Speed reps equal long term game strength.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Once you have a legit staff with a solid resume, it’s easier to get top local guys to stay. The families can trust that these coaches can in deed coach and have the best interest for their kids.

Once you have a legit staff with a solid resume, it’s easier to get top local guys to stay. The families can trust that these coaches can in deed coach and have the best interest for their kids.
I agree. I've talked to two of Nevada's top prospects and their families and both have said that this coaching staff is doing much better than the previous staff in terms of just being free to communicate and meaning what they say.

One will commit before his season starts and one has already committed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT