ADVERTISEMENT

Better play big guard a lot now

saulpaul21

UNLV Hall of Fame
Apr 18, 2006
With Big Guard going for 19 after being tied to the bench for months, he will be a big transfer target unless he plays a lot the rest of the season. Any coaching staff will run tape of the 19 point game and want him.

Reactions: RRebel
With Big Guard going for 19 after being tied to the bench for months, he will be a big transfer target unless he plays a lot the rest of the season. Any coaching staff will run tape of the 19 point game and want him.
If he transfers..he transfers

Good to see him stick it for now and make the most of his minutes.

Also glad to see a 99 percent chance disclaimer**

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Being realistic here…

Now that there’s tape on him he won’t be as effective moving forward. Teams will aim to foul him out or they’ll have a tall guy defend him and make sure that the tall guy doesn’t go for the first pump fake. Hall doesn’t have much lift so he won’t be tough to block on occasion.

I’m happy that he had a good game. Don’t get me wrong. I’m also 100% sure that USU didn’t include him in their scouting report so they weren’t aware of his tendencies. I also hope that he continues to be effective moving forward and can overcome teams preparing for him specifically. I’d be very happy to have this post thrown back at me each time he goes for at least 16 in a game.

One thing that won’t change despite a scouting report: the kid nailed his free throws, especially at winning time, so kudos for that!

Being realistic here…

Now that there’s tape on him he won’t be as effective moving forward. Teams will aim to foul him out or they’ll have a tall guy defend him and make sure that the tall guy doesn’t go for the first pump fake. Hall doesn’t have much lift so he won’t be tough to block on occasion.

I’m happy that he had a good game. Don’t get me wrong. I’m also 100% sure that USU didn’t include him in their scouting report so they weren’t aware of his tendencies. I also hope that he continues to be effective moving forward and can overcome teams preparing for him specifically. I’d be very happy to have this post thrown back at me each time he goes for at least 16 in a game.

One thing that won’t change despite a scouting report: the kid nailed his free throws, especially at winning time, so kudos for that!
"Now that there’s tape on him he won’t be as effective moving forward."

This

"Now that there’s tape on him he won’t be as effective moving forward."

This
They’ll force him to adapt. What happens if a double comes? We will find out if he makes good decisions, if he’s a good passer, if he reads the floor properly. He may well do all that and then he’s a force. But it might trip him up. But if they don’t have a guy with a body to defend him and they defend him straight up, he will abuse them. He uses his body well. What about when he goes up against a stronger guy with longer reach than what USU offered? Or the double?

They’ll force him to adapt. What happens if a double comes? We will find out if he makes good decisions, if he’s a good passer, if he reads the floor properly. He may well do all that and then he’s a force. But it might trip him up. But if they don’t have a guy with a body to defend him and they defend him straight up, he will abuse them. He uses his body well. What about when he goes up against a stronger guy with longer reach than what USU offered? Or the double?
One thing I like is his size. Listed as 6'7" and 250. Ha! He hasn't seen 250 since the 10th grade. More like 275. A load like that is hard to handle.

One thing I like is his size. Listed as 6'7" and 250. Ha! He hasn't seen 250 since the 10th grade. More like 275. A load like that is hard to handle.
I suspect he will struggle if doubles come from any direction or there’s a guy with some defensive capability near his size, but that’s part of being a freshman and it’s what off season work is about.

Just from the youtube clips we've all seen he seems to be a very saavy, shifty player. I think he'll adapt if forced but I could also see him force things and try to do too much being a freshman with a need to prove himself.

Just from the youtube clips we've all seen he seems to be a very saavy, shifty player. I think he'll adapt if forced but I could also see him force things and try to do too much being a freshman with a need to prove himself.
Feed him the ball and more buffets!!

Let me see him the rest of season before we ointment big transfer, I love fact he was 6 for 6 at the line, I want to see him play a lot more, love for Nowell too play also.

I think I be more Worried for Johnson to transfer, how many minutes has he played the last 4 games, 25 total?

I think the staff will need to work to keep him around, but it was about this time last year that Gilbert started getting more PT and hes skyrocketed this year as a starter. Sometimes it all about getting your opportunity and even if he's not getting 19 a night, lol, contributing in the rotation goes a long way to his development for next year, and hopefully if he was indeed frustrated, he calmed down and began to understand that process.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
I think the staff will need to work to keep him around, but it was about this time last year that Gilbert started getting more PT and hes skyrocketed this year as a starter. Sometimes it all about getting your opportunity and even if he's not getting 19 a night, lol, contributing in the rotation goes a long way to his development for next year, and hopefully if he was indeed frustrated, he calmed down and began to understand that process.
Young kids need to chill tf out and wait for their opportunity instead of looking for alternatives. Such a me now, bs way to approach life.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
Freshman kid scores 19 points when given PT..

Sounds like he has a legitimate gripe..

Freshman kid scores 19 points when given PT..

Sounds like he has a legitimate gripe..
Counter argument, Utah St was a bad matchup vs him and he exploited Harkless having a terrible game with taking more attempts and opportunity.

If he can become a decent role contributor, like the 5-7ppg range, that's all we would've needed to not be sitting at 1-5... Adding that with the return of Parquet may be enough to make us dangerous in the MWC tourney.

Funny how quick things could all change…

With Parquet due back against Fresno it’s entirely possible we run off 6 wins in a row and get to 18-6, 7-5 prior to @ SDSU. I happen to think 30min of Parquet per night is the difference between this defense being quite good, versus largely bad.

If over that run Keshon, Hall and Nowell all happen to start producing Kruger would go from a “lazy” recruiter to a good recruiter and great talent developer in a span of literally two weeks.

Then if he lands Dedan (to pair Brooklyn Hicks) next year he’ll be the best recruiter since CDR and we’ll have a packed house every night.

I’m cheering for two good weeks, and a commit from one local kid, whenever that comes. Don’t share my optimism if you don’t feel it, but don’t talk like all that isn’t possible.

What a f’n mess the season has become.

Everybody wants to transfer out. Fat kid 250 pounds scores 19 points against a bunch of UtAh mother****ers..I’d want to transfer out as well. That’s a great debut if u ask me.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT