ADVERTISEMENT

Barry Odom salary

I think it’ll be 5 years extension at 16.5 million, putting the annual salary at 3.3 million.

But it may not even matter, I’m worried about a Kruger/Oklahoma situation where it don’t matter and we will just get outbid.
More money, and some of those jobs would get him closer to home? I wouldn’t say no to it.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
If it's about money, he likely won't be back. However, I think he's seen that it's a lot easier to win at UNLV than it is in the SEC. Do you want to stay here and create a new western power from pretty much the ground up? Or go into a struggling SEC/B1G type of program and have to go against Bama/LSU/GA/Michigan/Ohio State, etc? Both have their pluses and minuses.

I think it’ll be 5 years extension at 16.5 million, putting the annual salary at 3.3 million.

But it may not even matter, I’m worried about a Kruger/Oklahoma situation where it don’t matter and we will just get outbid.
That's why you act fast.
Get him under a new contract now. Even if it's 2.5 -3.0 million of that is what you can afford.

The jobs that he probably would leave for will beat that, but the buyout increases.

That gives us more to hire another legit coach

If it's about money, he likely won't be back. However, I think he's seen that it's a lot easier to win at UNLV than it is in the SEC. Do you want to stay here and create a new western power from pretty much the ground up? Or go into a struggling SEC/B1G type of program and have to go against Bama/LSU/GA/Michigan/Ohio State, etc? Both have their pluses and minuses.
If money is important, then he is likely gone, if his historical legacy is important, then UNLV would be a great place to stay.

• Love
Reactions: LVRebel2000
That's why you act fast.
Get him under a new contract now. Even if it's 2.5 -3.0 million of that is what you can afford.

The jobs that he probably would leave for will beat that, but the buyout increases.

That gives us more to hire another legit coach
Exactly.. add the 30 million dollar buyout clause- you can then add a new coach at 4 million a year for 5 years and pocket 10...
I know it sucks to imagine life Post- Odom but can you imagine as the AD getting you get an extension done so that's an extra 20 million plus for not moving conferences and then pocketing an extra 10 million after paying the next HC the highest salary in the conference? Thats some serious change.

lock him in till 2030. I wouldn’t just put a 30 million buy out straight who’s paying that. I’d put 4-5mill a year for how ever many years left on his contract. If he’s poached final year then he’s here plenty time to get the football fully built and ready for the next coach

lock him in till 2030. I wouldn’t just put a 30 million buy out straight who’s paying that. I’d put 4-5mill a year for how ever many years left on his contract. If he’s poached final year then he’s here plenty time to get the football fully built and ready for the next coach
Not sure the buyout can be bigger than the contract though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT