ADVERTISEMENT

Bad!

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
It was obvious from the first set of downs that UNLV had already given up. No one showed up to play

I left before half time in disgust and really don't care what the final score is.

You and 90% of the crowd, great showing for the team. Last home game, senior night, and they're playing to an empty stadium. Doesn't matter how bad the game is, you want this program to grow then the fans have to be there. What recruit would come here seeing that crap, fans leaving in the second quarter. The fans here are worse than the team could ever be

Reactions: Rebelgate
You and 90% of the crowd, great showing for the team. Last home game, senior night, and they're playing to an empty stadium. Doesn't matter how bad the game is, you want this program to grow then the fans have to be there. What recruit would come here seeing that crap, fans leaving in the second quarter. The fans here are worse than the team could ever be
What is unfortunate is that we had I believe 3 if not 4 kids in for visits this weekend.
As for this looking like a Hauck coach team, it would make sense considering that 85%-90% of the current team hitting the field are actually Hauck's guys. Coaches can scheme as much as they want, and players can play with 'fanatical' effort, and both will help you win some games. As a season wears on talent typically wins out over scheme. Once other coaches see what your tendencies are they can exploit your weaknesses. We have quite a few especially on the defensive side of the ball right now.

Lets beat Wyoming and finish off at 4-8. That shows progress, and is pretty much where everybody hoped we could finish this year. We can look back and there were two games we let slip through our fingers and another that we were giving ourselves a chance to tie late. This was really close to a 6 win team. While I am not particularly happy with the last two weeks of play, I am excited about what we have and potentially have coming in next year and some of the kids we are returning.

Until Sanchez has the majority of the roster comprised of HIS players, this sort of showing is going to be inevitable. Hauck's kids have a losing mentality, plain and simple. New uniforms and a rah rah attitude can only get u so far. It takes talent and depth to win football games. Hauck delivered neither while he was here. Sanchez is just going to have to suck it up until his recruiting (Which has been impressive) can start paying dividends on the field. I don't see that happening for at least another couple years.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
We were missing Tau, Valaoga, and started Zepeda at D End after spending the entire fall at TE (he might have found his permanent position) . This was a banged up bunch and we faced the hottest team in the conf . Just a recipe for the type of game we saw with how physical SDSU is on both sides of the ball. Only thing that will help is recruiting to add bodies at positions of need. We have some O lineman lines up and are targeting some JUCO's as well for immediate help (Singer will also be added to this group). We also started a true Freshman at RT- Jacobson, whether that was through injury or he just earned it in practice I dont know.

On Defense we need to add some edge pass rushers and speed at the LB level . The secondary will be infused with some young players (Eldrigde , Austrie, White) but JUCO Mike Adams will help with all the losses at Safety.

Hopefully we get back a few key contributors for Wyoming that will allow this team to finish this season on a high note. 4 Wins will look good and give the coaches a little more juice as they head into the homestretch of recruiting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT