ADVERTISEMENT

Arroyo and his staff

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
No DL coach yet? Maybe it going to be a big big hire and they need to get the package together?

No DL coach yet? Maybe it going to be a big big hire and they need to get the package together?

Don Johnson Jr was on campus for about 10 days and seemed like a natural fit for the DL position, but he was hired away by Oregon to fill one of their many non-sideline staff positions.

Johnson was mentioned by several of the visiting UNLV recruits. His father was D-Line coach for four NFL teams.

I'm not sure what position Johnson was intended for on Arroyo's staff, but Oregon apparently decided they needed him.

Don Johnson Jr was on campus for about 10 days and seemed like a natural fit for the DL position, but he was hired away by Oregon to fill one of their many non-sideline staff positions.

Director of High School Relations.

What a ridiculous embarrassment of riches they have.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Two things will happen If UNLV starts to win in the new stadium:

1) Attendance will quickly improve (UNLV is a great option in regards to pricing compared to VGK's or Raider football which have season ticket prices about equivalent to that of a car loan.
2) The Big12 will start looking at UNLV seriously. I expect the PAC12 will start to show interest if they see the possibility of losing the Las Vegas market to the Big12

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
All you need to do is look at TCU to know basketball would turn around quickly. TCU went three years without winning a single conference game in the MWC before they went to the Big12.

Reactions: LocoRebel
I say Big XII or bust, screw the Pac 12!
I think if and when the PAC expands and takes us (hopeful) I would think that Colorado State would go with us. It would make for some good times watching CSU and the Buffs play every year. Personally I would enjoy the road trips to CA to watch us whoop UCLA and USC every year (Basketball and Football).

I'm not really a fan of the Big 12. I never watch them play.

Texas has its own sports network. I’m not the follower of sports that I used to be but name one other school that has that. Not conference, school.

If Texas has a men’s coin flipping team they would show that on the Texas channel. We can’t get full halves of our basketball games shown on CBS Sports Network. Their women’s juggling team could get more airtime than we do.

I’m not as into selling my soul for sports as I used to be but if the Big 12 ever offered us a spot I’d call the devil and make him a deal.

The Big 12 could be sold on Vegas as a market and a championship and tournament destination city for the conference.. while the Pac 12 is already doing that (Hoops tourney) and might not see Vegas as such a big deal. I say if UNLV can get their crap together and the Big 12 sniffs around like they did YBU and CSU a few years ago, UNLV should take it and run to the Longhorn Network and help position the Big 12 in the Pac 12's back yard!

the Big 12 has been one of the best basketball conferences for many years. Often its between them and the ACC every year. That could be huge.

Football is a bit down, but is a huge step up for UNLV no question.

The PAC makes more regional sense. However, they probably feel like the own the market. Big 12 has more to gain there. Also they have a bigger need for schools to add.

PAC gives equal share to it's members. Big 12 does not. Texas and OU get a bigger piece of the shared pie, and that doesn't include the money from the Longhorn network. But obviously it would be a HUUUGE upgrade in money for UNLV either way.

I have personal bias, being in Big 12 country, I would be able to go to many more UNLV games so that would be nice.

the Big 12 has been one of the best basketball conferences for many years. Often its between them and the ACC every year. That could be huge.

Football is a bit down, but is a huge step up for UNLV no question.

The PAC makes more regional sense. However, they probably feel like the own the market. Big 12 has more to gain there. Also they have a bigger need for schools to add.

PAC gives equal share to it's members. Big 12 does not. Texas and OU get a bigger piece of the shared pie, and that doesn't include the money from the Longhorn network. But obviously it would be a HUUUGE upgrade in money for UNLV either way.

I have personal bias, being in Big 12 country, I would be able to go to many more UNLV games so that would be nice.
It’d be a great problem to have.

For me, P12 is more ideal, more natural rivalries and travel. But I’d prefer the B12 because when is the last time the P12 was better than the B12 in hoops? Long time. So I’d prefer that but would be ecstatic with either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT