ADVERTISEMENT

Amari Rogers unoffical visit

I d feel threatened too. Rogers seems like he's on a whole other league. Only slightly slower, better arm, and better vision. It would be like if my 5'9 250 pound self went one on one with Michael Jordan at pick up basketball.

Armani Rogers clip. This appears to be from a spring passing camp after his sophomore season.

Last edited:
I think Lagow is a better passer, but not by much. This kid has more up potential though. Either one would be a passing upgrade.

Lagow is the potential answer for Next year. Rogers has the potential to be the GUY for 4 years should he develop as expected.

I would image the staff would ideally like Lagow to come and start the next two years. Rogers gets a red shirt year. Lagow's 2nd year would be Rogers red shirt freshmen year. We might see a scenario where Rogers gets a series or two a game (much like Palandech this year.) That would make Rogers possibly the starter heading into his red shirt sophomore year having had some actual game reps.

Of course this is all predicated on us getting both.

I'm glad Lagow and Rogers are both considering UNLV because the opportunity is golden for both to be spotlighted. They each have quality options on where they could play but the circumstances at UNLV are such that it offers both a prime chance to come in and take over. I'm sure that's what they're evaluating when they visit. It's a ripe opportunity for both and I hope they pick UNLV and lead the Rebels to the top of the MWC.

I like that both will be on campus together. Allows the staff to map out each's possible career path, upfront and honestly from the get go. The fact that Rogers is Unofficial shows his sincere interest.

I'm glad Lagow and Rogers are both considering UNLV because the opportunity is golden for both to be spotlighted. They each have quality options on where they could play but the circumstances at UNLV are such that it offers both a prime chance to come in and take over. I'm sure that's what they're evaluating when they visit. It's a ripe opportunity for both and I hope they pick UNLV and lead the Rebels to the top of the MWC.
I think with Juco guys typically only having 2 years left, immediate playing time is the biggest sales pitch. Our QB situation heading into next year makes immediate playing time look possible. Who knows maybe Palandech takes huge steps forward in year two, or Sneed lights it up in spring camp, maybe Thomson comes back from injury and plays like he did in fall camp two years ago. But that is a whole lot of maybe's and if's. If I am looking at from Lagow's point of view I am feeling pretty confident I can win that job.

Even with these two guys, Palandech could be used as a regular slot wr that can be used on trick plays, wr to wr plays or even on punt fakes. I think throwing Palandech in there for two series is a good thing. He can keep the opposing teams honest for a few plays. Sneed could develop into a reliable back up. Although he is slower, he has a smooth and clean throw. Not quite sure where to put Thomson fits in, but he's not out for the count. Maybe he can punt. Its always nice to have a punter who can throw, kick, and run.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT