ADVERTISEMENT

Allegiant

Completely disagree. Allegiant makes us big time. Just put tarps on the upper section. Nobody cares. We aren't getting more than 25k-35k or so no matter where we play. I'd rather play in an NFL stadium with awesome amenities to sell to recruits.

On the surface this seems logical but reality is you play in a stadium 6 times a year.

You're on campus and in the football facility far more. I think that sells more than a stadium.

I mean maybe on a game day and you experience the Tide come out of the tunnel and the energy in the building sure.

But overall think facilities matter more.

Well that and NIL money.

Last edited:
Unless I just couldn’t tell, it didn’t seem like Fresno brought many fans. Maybe that’s because they were wearing red, and they had zero to cheer about.

If Syracuse is really bringing thousand(s) of fans, then this game should push 27k.
My guess is Fresno has a few thousand in attendance. There were plenty and initially loud but we put the hurt on them so quickly that they went quiet and slowly trickled out. They had a few respectable tailgates going as well.

All things considered, I think Allegiant was a mistake. We have it and we'll make it work but cooler heads should have prevailed.
Allegiant wasn’t UNLV’s choice. The legislation to fund an on-campus facility was introduced. This was the interim President Don Snyder era who had the gaming contacts (he was a former Boyd Gaming CEO) and there was support for the stadium. Then along came the Raiders and Sheldon Adelson (Venetian) and the UNLV stadium bill became the Raiders/UNLV stadium bill. Not much UNLV could do at that point when the industry, Gov and Legislature were all on board except get the best deal possible.
Side note: Since the executive turnover within the Raiders organization and the hiring of Sandra Douglass Morgan at President the Raiders/UNLV relationship has been excellent. They (Raiders) do all they can to support the program, even though all revenue from UNLV games (not counting MWC Championship) goes to UNLV.

Alumni Assn. need to get their act together. It charges $50 for the tailgate which most folks just aren’t going to spend for a dry hamburger and a beer. Make it affordable, he’ll just break even, the point is to provide a gathering place. Just set up tents and let the alumni bring their own tailgates under them. Whoever is in charge of that needs to open their eyes.
As for the students, let them in for free (as they’ve been doing) and continue to build an awesome game day experience. BTW they need a place to tailgate as well, perhaps this is where the Alumni Assn steps up and allows students to join in.
While I’m at it, figure something out with the space behind the end-zones. It looks like a morgue at both ends (field level). Tarp it or put portable stands for students at both ends.
End of rant…

Alumni Assn. need to get their act together. It charges $50 for the tailgate which most folks just aren’t going to spend for a dry hamburger and a beer. Make it affordable, he’ll just break even, the point is to provide a gathering place. Just set up tents and let the alumni bring their own tailgates under them. Whoever is in charge of that needs to open their eyes.
As for the students, let them in for free (as they’ve been doing) and continue to build an awesome game day experience. BTW they need a place to tailgate as well, perhaps this is where the Alumni Assn steps up and allows students to join in.
While I’m at it, figure something out with the space behind the end-zones. It looks like a morgue at both ends (field level). Tarp it or put portable stands for students at both ends.
End of rant…
The Alumni Association stopped charging members fees a couple years back. They don’t have the funds they used to. I’d happily pay a fee if it meant better amenities

The Alumni Association stopped charging members fees a couple years back. They don’t have the funds they used to. I’d happily pay a fee if it meant better amenities
I have gone to some of the events, and the cost of the events is way above the amount of food you get. Went to the bowl game last year and the event was very crowded and it was difficult to get food. Could have spent a lot less and eaten a much better meal somewhere else, but we wanted to be around other UNLV fans.

End of rant…

I'm one of those weird people that actually prefer Endzone seats over 50 yard line seats. I'm the same with Hockey. I like my seats behind goal and up higher. Always felt like it gave me a better perspective and ability to watch/see plays develop.

Never understood why we don't put student section either in corner of players tunnel or directly behind opponents bench.

I'd also be more than fine swapping my seats to where student section is now.

I'm one of those weird people that actually prefer Endzone seats over 50 yard line seats. I'm the same with Hockey. I like my seats behind goal and up higher. Always felt like it gave me a better perspective and ability to watch/see plays develop.

Never understood why we don't put student section either in corner of players tunnel or directly behind opponents bench.

I'd also be more than fine swapping my seats to where student section is now.
I’d like the student section by the tunnel better if more students stuck around for the fight song.

But I’ll take what I can get. Student attendance is up, and it’s been noticeable.

End of rant…
I think me and Rebswin ended the free alumni beer. We'd show up before the kegs were delivered. They were never happy to see us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT