ADVERTISEMENT

Air Force

dcut03

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
I know we have all pinned AFA as a tough game coming up, but I was wondering, how tough are they really?

They played Michigan respectfully, but remember so did we. I think Michigan likes to play things extremely vanilla and conservative in their noncon schedule as long as they can conserve the win.

They also played SDSU tough, but they seemingly have struggled the past few weeks.

Air Force is always tough game. They are so disciplined and they are tough to scheme for defensively.

They are also 1-3, likely 1-4 after they play a really good Navy team this week. They just got hammered by a mediocre New Mexico team.

No question we still need to be on our game and extremely focused defensively for that game. But I don't know, they are not scaring me as much as they were a few weeks ago.

I think that game comes down to smart play. And that favors AFA, imo. I look at that as maybe like a 65-35 AFA (percent likelihood to win, not final score) type of game, but if we play smart and sound football, especially on defense, we come out with a victory. I just worry about us doing that.

With our defense?

I got AFA 12 point favorites

I don't know. AFA has played a tough schedule, but did lose pretty big to New Mexico. A team that lost to NMSU and has really beaten a good team.

Now UNLV hasn't beaten a good team either, and obviously lost a head scratcher as well.

But AFA is 1-4 and doesn't have a good win.

I think we have a shot for sure. If they are laying 9 points, I would take that in a heartbeat. I think we have a good shot at winning straight up .

I know we have all pinned AFA as a tough game coming up, but I was wondering, how tough are they really?

They played Michigan respectfully, but remember so did we. I think Michigan likes to play things extremely vanilla and conservative in their noncon schedule as long as they can conserve the win.

They also played SDSU tough, but they seemingly have struggled the past few weeks.

Air Force is always tough game. They are so disciplined and they are tough to scheme for defensively.

They are also 1-3, likely 1-4 after they play a really good Navy team this week. They just got hammered by a mediocre New Mexico team.

No question we still need to be on our game and extremely focused defensively for that game. But I don't know, they are not scaring me as much as they were a few weeks ago.

Books are nowhere close to figuring out the Rebs. It's been feast or famine, any spread has been well decided before the 4th Q.

I am worried about this Air Force team. They are much better than there 1-4 record indicates. I think we will have a hard time stopping their running game. Penny ran all over our defense. It shouldn’t be hard for Air Force to move the ball. I hope we can beat them. I just think it is going to be difficult back there.

SDSU runs with superior athletes and players. Air Force does it with scheme and deception.

Discipline and staying true to assignments is how you stop the triple option, not by necessarily out-talenting them.

This is where I hope Baer's experience serves us well. For some reason, it seems like we have done well against Air Force, with many of our previous coaches.

Players haven't seen it much, so that sucks. But I think our LBs have been playing better each week, they will be key.,

Reactions: reagan21
SDSU runs with superior athletes and players. Air Force does it with scheme and deception.

Discipline and staying true to assignments is how you stop the triple option, not by necessarily out-talenting them.

This is where I hope Baer's experience serves us well. For some reason, it seems like we have done well against Air Force, with many of our previous coaches.

Players haven't seen it much, so that sucks. But I think our LBs have been playing better each week, they will be key.,

The defense is getting better. I hope we can get this one!! Remember that game we won back there in the snow. I think this could be a tight game. I really enjoy watching Armani and Lex on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT