ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Schedule

Every time I turn around people are putting out fake or incorrect facts about the new stadium. I will wait to see what happens when the season gets closer. The bottom line is that the Las Vegas Stadium authority has the final decision.
All of this information is online. You may want read the agreement between the Raiders and UNLV or watch a few things on YouTube. I don't put out false information. Below is a video from the project manager at Allegiant Stadium and he states the grass must be in the building before game day. Also remember that visiting NFL teams like to do their Stadium walkthroughs the day before the game.

He is not the overall project manager, he is a lower level project manager on a small portion of the project. The only thing that he even said regarding the grass is that it spends very little time inside of the building and just a couple of days before the game it goes in and then they take it back out. That comment was just a general comment without any consideration to how long the field takes to move, how long before the game the field needs to be moved, etc.

As for moving the field into the stadium, it takes about 90 minutes

Rolling on 13 rails through a 14-by-240 foot opening on the south end of the stadium, the process for bringing the turf in or out is an intricate one. The field tray will take about 90 minutes to fully move in or out of the stadium via 76 electric motors moving the tray along a rail line.

Last edited:
I would think the schedule would be similar to what the Arizona Cardinals do. I bet Allegiant would like to book some Friday night events so I wouldn't be surprised if they roll it in on Saturdays. I don't think you'll ever see the Rebels playing on Saturday evenings if the Raiders have a Sunday game.

"For each home game, the field is rolled in on Friday, painted with yard lines and logos on Saturday and then rolled out at dawn on Monday."

@SDSU is the first conference game after that brutal OOC schedule.

At least 6 of the final 7 are all toss ups.

Also happy to see a BYE after @Hawaii before the UNR game.

Man those first 6 are brutal.

Coming out of that 4 game OOC and then SDSU away is rough. Wyoming is no joke either. They're better at home but still solid.

This could be a season where the record doesn't change much, but the results are closer.

I like where things are headed, but really wish there was a Podunk Tech in those 1st 4 games...

When-ish does TV start picking their games? I'm really hoping that La Tech game either gets moved to Ruston in accordance with Raiders being annoying and/or TV picks it up for Thursday or Friday

I hope the brutal start doesn't crush the teams spirits if we cant sneak away with a few wins.

What about my spirit. I wouldn't worry about the team. I'm feeling CMA will take care of that.
It's a very tough thing to overcome. It happens in the pros often as well.

Confidence builders can work wonders during tough stretches.

Of course if we win some of these extra tough games, then it won't matter, but it is a tough ask.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
When-ish does TV start picking their games? I'm really hoping that La Tech game either gets moved to Ruston in accordance with Raiders being annoying and/or TV picks it up for Thursday or Friday
Heard BSU AD say on KTIK yesterday that it should be in about two months, late-April / early-May timeframe.

We really don't know if any of the games will be played at Sam Boyd until the stadium authority makes the final decision.

The easiest way to handle that problem would be for the Clark County parks and recreation department to take away the parking lot. Only the paved portion of the parking lot is part of the stadium, and thus without parking it would be impossible to play a game there and the stadium authority would be forced to allow the games at the LV stadium.

I bet the LA Tech game will be at Sam Boyd. All other home games will be in Allegiant.
I've been hoping La Tech and UNLV will just work the series in a home-and-home or even a 2-for-1. If they took 2020 in Ruston, UNLV could take 2021 in Las Vegas (only at ASU and vs Iowa St currently scheduled).

I've been hoping La Tech and UNLV will just work the series in a home-and-home or even a 2-for-1. If they took 2020 in Ruston, UNLV could take 2021 in Las Vegas (only at ASU and vs Iowa St currently scheduled).

It looks like La Tech only has 5 home games this year. You would think they would be interested in having 6. Moving it to La Tech this year and getting a future game at Allegiant sounds like a good scenario.

But maybe not. You're taking away a home game we probably have a 50/50 shot at winning and turning it into a much tougher proposition on the road. I think getting some wins this season is very important and there's no gimmies on this schedule. Even though I don't like the idea of playing at SBS it's better than moving it to Ruston. I think winning this season is more important in getting new fans interested in UNLV FB than some future home game with a good/decent CUSA team nobody in Vegas cares about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT