ADVERTISEMENT

2 of USU touchdowns...

Until these past two games I was all for waiting through next season.

What has me in the "dump him now" camp is the total ineptness of the entire team. Both of the lines, the skill players and the special teams are not showing up. I would have been O.K. with losses to NM and UTS. But the blowout nature of the losses has put me of the mind that Sanchez won't be able to salvage the team.

I also don't like how he is starting to throw the team under the bus. There is plenty of blame to go around but calling out players in the press isn't productive, IMO.

Until these past two games I was all for waiting through next season.

What has me in the "dump him now" camp is the total ineptness of the entire team. Both of the lines, the skill players and the special teams are not showing up. I would have been O.K. with losses to NM and UTS. But the blowout nature of the losses has put me of the mind that Sanchez won't be able to salvage the team.

I also don't like how he is starting to throw the team under the bus. There is plenty of blame to go around but calling out players in the press isn't productive, IMO.
“losing” the team is driving me nuts. Somewhere along the line, you are seeing something lost... he’s fiery, he’s confident, he’s gung ho; the team isn’t. That’s been a long concern of mine.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t when it comes to throwing players under the bus. I’m all for maximum accountability and I do think the team should be called out. But probably behind closed doors instead of the press, though it doesn’t really bother me to see it in the press that much. You can use the press to emphasize it, but it can certainly backfire. And it backfires more today than it used to backfire. Kids have more options than ever and nothing is ever their fault, it’s the other guys fault...

I'm surprised so many are on the fire the coach bandwagon. At this point it better to save the money and have Sanchez play out his contract year with make-or-break.
If he can't fix it next year, you enter the season with a built football facility and a fresh new coach as you enter the stadium.
A firing waste money and allow the next coach to look bad on the field next year if he struggles.
Marketing wise you would be better with everything fresh during the stadium year if CTS fails.
I agree and with Armani back, Williams at RB, and most of the receivers back the offense should be much improved. Unless we dont win another game this year. Give the guy a 5th year.

I would judge tony week by week. Lose next week and you are gone. I have been a supporter from his beginning. He is not making a big difference. He has all the coach talk down. Bet it does not show up on the field. Fire him soon and start the process. We are going backwards.

USU might be the best team the Rebels have played or will play this year including USC. They will probably win the MWC and may have a shot at a big bowl game. UNLV now has 2 winnable games in row with AFA and SJSU. They'll end with 2 winnable games with Hawaii and UNR, especially if Rogers is back by then. There were definitely more positives against USU than UNM. All hope is not lost. Hang in there fans!

At the very least CTS is recruiting well. Better than we have seen several years. Better depth than we have seen in a long time. And him losing hasn't hurt him much there.
Give him to year 5. Ig he can't have it done the new coach will have new facilities and a pretty good talented team to start with. Firing him now (or the end of the season) doesn't help you much.

Why does everyone think Tony is recruiting so well? He is competing against Weber State for recruits. I think recruiting has been subpar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT