ADVERTISEMENT

'17 QB Tate Martell takes unofficial to UNLV

BleedRebelRed90

All American
Oct 10, 2013
Gorman sophomore QB Tate Martell, who decommitted from Washington in January, took an unofficial to UNLV today.

USC is recruiting him. It was current USC coach Sarkisian that recruited him to UW. Martell was the 2014 National Gatorade Player of the Year.

Who knows what this means about UNLV having any realistic chance at signing Martell, but when was the last time the Rebels had a recruit of this status on campus for a visit?

Another link from a USC site on his decommitment at: USC QB Target Tate Martell De-Commits from Washington

Gorman QB Tate Martell decommits from Washington

I don't think we have a real shot at getting this kid but...He is not a particularly tall/big kid and that might move some schools away from him. He would be a great grab for the school that is for sure. It would be the type that would really help in getting other top end local kids to consider staying.

This post was edited on 3/9 6:35 AM by Bullmastiff 1

This kid would make a significant impact. I'm glad Sanchez is recruiting him. I'm not sure if Martell will stay in Vegas or not but Sanchez is definitely going hard after talent.

Relationships go a long way... who knows in 3 yrs when he'd be a freshman suiting up where our national status as a program might be at, but Sanchez no doubt knows the kid and his folks and is going to make just a big an effort as any school in the country to sell him on the future rather than the here and now...

All I have to say is WOW! I really like his decision making. He passes to where he think the receivers will be ...that is a tough skills. His sense of the pass rush and pocket awareness is fantastic for someone this young. Going forward, I don't know if I would call him a dual threat QB but a QB that avoid pass rush when necessary. His hands are huge! He is going to be great...

Re: "Relationships go a long way"...

It's not just Sanchez but also Ron O'Dell, now UNLV quarterbacks coach, who has helped develop Martell his first few years of high school.

Coach O'Dell was also H.S. position coach for Aaron Rodgers.

@TheTateMartell Me and 14 of my teammates at Bishop Gorman are set to take an unofficial visit to UNLV tomorrow.
#UNLV #REBELSe also just tweeted that he and 14 Gorman teammates are taking an unofficial tomorrow.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Perhaps the Bishop Gorman boys want to set Las Vegas football on fire and turn UNLV into a powerhouse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT