ADVERTISEMENT

“Did you guys win again?”

RedCannon

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2006
Austin, TX
I got asked this question when I walked into a gas station today here in Austin TX- by a guy checking out that glanced over and saw my UNLV shirt (as one should always rock, but much easier recently).
Me: proudly answered with a big smile - ‘Yess Sirrr!
Guy: responded with a chuckle - ‘nice… wow
Me: ‘keeping it going
Guy: ‘ya man, keep it going

It hit me as I was walking out…
He asked… ‘Did you guys win again?’

I got asked this question when I walked into a gas station today here in Austin TX- by a guy checking out that glanced over and saw my UNLV shirt (as one should always rock, but much easier recently).
Me: proudly answered with a big smile - ‘Yess Sirrr!
Guy: responded with a chuckle - ‘nice… wow
Me: ‘keeping it going
Guy: ‘ya man, keep it going

It hit me as I was walking out…
He asked… ‘Did you guys win again?’
It is strange. Not nearly as intensified as basketball hey day where everyone was a fan or anyone local who wasn’t a fan knew …

Get it at work, get it at grocery stores and convenient stores … people I don’t know personally but have weekly interactions with … they all ask, they all said they read or saw … got a totally random picture yesterday in front of the Mack, guy is from Michigan, big MSU fan … selfie in front of the Mack, wanted to see the statue … “finally made it here, too bad basketball sucks but football is rolling” … hadn’t spoken to this guy in over 10 years …

It’s kinda cool.

I got a "I like your UNLV hat" the other day in Southwest Florida.

As someone who has been driving around with the AZ UNLV license plate for 24 years, I was thinking about handing it in. However, it's available here in Florida and they have a decorative plate with a shark on it. I'm going to DM Odom and ask him if it's worth the investment. I'll keep everyone posted.

It is strange. Not nearly as intensified as basketball hey day where everyone was a fan or anyone local who wasn’t a fan knew …

Get it at work, get it at grocery stores and convenient stores … people I don’t know personally but have weekly interactions with … they all ask, they all said they read or saw … got a totally random picture yesterday in front of the Mack, guy is from Michigan, big MSU fan … selfie in front of the Mack, wanted to see the statue … “finally made it here, too bad basketball sucks but football is rolling” … hadn’t spoken to this guy in over 10 years …

It’s kinda cool.
I just hope that they can sell a bunch more tickets for the BSU game to counter the large expected contingent coming down from Boise State. Only around 1500 seats left in the lower section, it is time to get 35K plus to the Boise State game. A strong game against Oregon State is needed to get people motivated that this team is for real, and they should come out and see for themselves. As a side note, UNLV would be bowl eligible the earliest ever if/when they beat Oregon State

I just hope that they can sell a bunch more tickets for the BSU game to counter the large expected contingent coming down from Boise State. Only around 1500 seats left in the lower section, it is time to get 35K plus to the Boise State game. A strong game against Oregon State is needed to get people motivated that this team is for real, and they should come out and see for themselves. As a side note, UNLV would be bowl eligible the earliest ever if/when they beat Oregon State
And back to back for first time in school history

• Wow
Reactions: LVRebel2000
If they flop at OSU, that will sap a big chunk of excitement and bodies at Allegiant, no doubt.

If they flop at OSU, that will sap a big chunk of excitement and bodies at Allegiant, no doubt.
The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT