ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming

Kruger's brother Fred

All American
Feb 27, 2010
I can't remember UNLV playing a conference game on New Year's Eve.

Wyoming is 3rd in the nation in points allowed at 49.9 and 10th in the nation in field goal percentage at .503. That's a nasty combination. Sounds like they hold the ball a lot and then take really good shots.

Nance is the leader again at 14.5/6.2. He shoots 57% from the field and 77% from the line.

As a team, they shoot 70% from the line. That average is better than every one of our players except Cornish.

6-9 senior Derek Cooke is shooting .778 from the field, with 8.6 ppg.

Josh Adams is second leading scorer at 9.9.

Wyoming's RPI is 129 while our's is 33. Realtime rpi predicts we will lose 75-63. They are 1-2 against teams with RPI of less than 100, with a win at home against Colorado and road losses to Cal and SMU.

With their style of play, I sure hope we can get an early lead. Go Rebs!

this should be a terrible game to watch...unless of course we are winning.

will most likely be a game in the 40's, possibly in the 30's. they should fine teams like Wyoming.

This won't be a real fun game to watch at all I think. I expect a pretty low scoring game, and I'm not optimistic for a UNLV outcome on top.

FWIW, kenpom has UNLV losing 59-53, and a 22% chance to win.

Wyoming is currently 4th in the country in 2pt%, and 18th in blocks. They haven't lost a home game this season at 11-2. Put a whoopin on Colorado, lost to a pretty good SMU team, and kept Cal very close and low-scoring in Berkeley.

It's depressing to look at that realtimerpi website. They're projecting UNLV to finish the year at 17-13 (9-9). If that happens, there will be a mass riot watch on Rebel net. Looking at it closer, they predict that we will lose every single road game in the MWC season. Wow, even UNR and San Jose St....ouch.

I'm guessing it's based on our road record 0-1, due to losing against ASU, but who knows. Yep, basically garbage.

I think we can keep it close, but in games like this where teams slow the play down, it usually frustrates the team that likes to push the ball. I agree on the score being in the 40's, maybe just barely eeking into the 50's and it will likely be a boring game. We have been fortunate to not have to play in Laramie for the past 2 seasons. Let's just hope we can find a way to win and start out our conference play at 1-0!
Go Rebels!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT