ADVERTISEMENT

WTF?!!! Bryce Jones claims he feared being shot by UNLV teammate?!!

BleedRebelRed90

All American
Oct 10, 2013
From an article (linked below) that will appear tomorrow in the Ames Tribune:

UNLV struggled to compete atop the Mountain West standings, finishing six games out of first and five behind second. Dejean-Jones was suspended for the regular-season finale for "conduct detrimental to the team" after he was reportedly seen pushing a teammate after a loss to San Diego State.

But it was after another loss to San Diego State, this one ending UNLV's season in the conference tournament, where things reached a nadir for Dejean-Jones with the Rebels. He says a teammate, who he declined to name, told him, "'I should have shot you when I had the chance.'"

"I'm like, 'You were going to shoot me?'" Dejean-Jones said. "So we started getting into it and the coaches ended up telling him you can just leave and go upstairs. I'm like, 'The guy just said out loud he should have shot me and you're going to let him leave the locker room? I'm leaving too. I'm not going to walk out to an ambush.'"

UNLV declined comment on Dejean-Jones' telling of events that day, through an athletics department spokesperson.

Dejean-Jones said he took his teammates words as more than frustrated and empty comments after a season-ending loss.

"He's kind of known for doing more than talking," Dejean-Jones said. "I probably knew nothing was going to happen, but I didn't want to take it lightly.

"I just heard that he was kind of into that kind of stuff. So I took it seriously."

Two days later, UNLV announced that Dejean-Jones was leaving the program.

This post was edited on 3/12 12:11 AM by BleedRebelRed90

Dejean-Jones opens up about past troubles, future

A very one sided story... Talk about not taking responsibility for any decision he ever made that caused problems...

Nah it was Dantley...that fool carries all over campus...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I don't believe Bryce at all. This is the same scumbag that got in a fight with a teammate at SC & left that team. The dude hasn't learned anything from his mistakes and is destined for failure until he does.

Originally posted by Masked_rebel:

Originally posted by sandracer250:
Nah it was Dantley...that fool carries all over campus...
3dgrin.r191677.gif
you joke but he's from Panaca and he's Mormon...
I'm from Panaca, and I'm Mormon, are you implying that mormons from Panaca all carry weapons? Just curious as to your line of thinking!
BTW, there was a coup between Rushman and Cheaney last year to overthrow some of the scholarship players so they would get more playing time...I'm guessing it has something to do with that!

Im Mormon and not from Panaca, just know we like our freedom to carry and shoot bottles in the desert...

Sounds like a hit piece to me. I had problems at USC, and UNLV and arrested at ISU. But I'm going to blame all my problems on other people.

Oh how I enjoy watching him sulk and mope on the bench at ISU in the second half of games.

Bryce never ended up being the all-world talent he was touted as when his UNLV career began, and you can argue convincingly that his college career has been a disappointment and his attitude has had a lot to do with it.

Gotta say it though, he's a key contributor on a top-15 team that's about to go dancing and will probably win at least a game in the tournament, so take that as you will.

I believe him. People say crazy things when they're mad.

Roscoe, huh? Makes sense on why he ditched his senior year and bailed.

BDJ has such a credibility problem that it is hard to believe anything he says. For example, when he was kicked out of USC for fracturing a teammate's nose in a fight and beating up a university dorm employee, instead of quietly leaving he instead stated that he was leaving because he had been promised 30 minutes per game of playing time and he wasn't getting it.

As for which UNLV teammate allegedly "threatened" him, the list of suspects could be many because he reportedly had so many of them that he didn't get along with, starting with his redshirt season when he would get irate at teammates if they put any effort into playing defense on him in practice.

While this season kind of ended with a thud, last season ended with an implosion. There were several weird stories where we only got part of the story. The whole concussion thing was odd, where the fans were just given enough information to "assume" that Roscoe was injured during a game. It didn't come out until much later that the concussion actually happened during a confrontation involving football and basketball players. Was BDJ part of that also? Being told that BDJ's suspension was for "conduct detrimental to the team" left so many options of how many BDJ conduct events there were.

UNLV guard Bryce Dejean-Jones suspended
Mar 06, 2014 4:49 PM Written by Craig Huber

(FOX5) Bryce Dejean-Jones appears with the UNLV men's basketball team at the Thomas & Mack Center on Wednesday, March 5. (FOX5)

UNLV Athletics on Thursday confirmed men's basketball junior guard Bryce Dejean-Jones has been suspended from all basketball-related activities through Saturday.

Head coach Dave Rice attributed the suspension to "conduct detrimental to the team." (after the SDSU game) ... Dejean-Jones headed straight for the locker room following the game rather than joining teammates for traditional interaction with fans. Minutes later, Dejean-Jones was outside of the Thomas & Mack Center while Rice was giving his post-game address to the team.

The suspension means UNLV will be without two starters at Reno. Roscoe Smith will miss a second game following a concussion suffered last week at Air Force.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/roscoe-smith-declares-nba-draft
April 4, 2014

Junior forward Roscoe Smith made an announcement Friday that was expected, saying he is not returning to UNLV next season. He intends to hire an agent and declare for the NBA Draft. If Smith gets drafted, that would be the big surprise.

Smith played in 31 games and started 30 at UNLV. He suffered a concussion late in the season and missed two games. Sometime in the week before the concussion diagnosis, Smith was punched in the head at least once during a fight with a UNLV football player,

Bryce Jones faced dismissal from USC's basketball team if he didn't transfer

January 24, 2011|By Baxter Holmes

In a news release sent out by USC last week, reserve guard Bryce Jones said he left the Trojans' basketball program because he wasn't getting enough playing time. But it appears the situation was far more complicated than that.

People close to and within the USC program said the freshman from Woodland Hills Taft High, the top-ranked player in Coach Kevin O'Neill's 2010 recruiting class, quickly wore out his welcome with his actions on and off the court.

In October, Jones allegedly struck fellow freshman Garrett Jackson in the team locker room, fracturing his nose, teammates who witnessed the incident said. He also had a confrontation with a resident advisor in his dormitory. Eventually, Jones was given an ultimatum by O'Neill: Transfer or face dismissal from the team.

This post was edited on 3/13 10:31 AM by BleedRebelRed90

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT