ADVERTISEMENT

Would you want Alford

Doneoett

National Player of the Year
Jun 15, 2015
We know what he can do in conference play. Probably out of our price range.

If Alford is out of UNLVs price range, UNLV should consider moving basketball to Big West or just stick with Menzies until he retires.

Reactions: TimothyC3
We know what he can do in conference play. Probably out of our price range.

Was never overly fond of him…but after his completely foolish, petty, decision to get rid of assistant Dave Grace last offseason which left many in the coaching profession dumbfounded and sunk locker room morale…no thanks.

Was never overly fond of him…but after his completely foolish, petty, decision to get rid of assistant Dave Grace last offseason which left many in the coaching profession dumbfounded and sunk locker room morale…no thanks.
Ernie, I’ve heard he burn down a lot of recruiting ties in Cali?

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
I hated the guy at New Mexico but I’m pretty sure I’d really like him if he was coaching UNLV. Alford’s teams were always solid in MWC. He won 4 conference titles in his 6 years at UNM. Sure his lack of success in the tournament disappointed a lot of fans but I think UNLV would be happy to have a few years of making the dance and crapping out in the round of 32 or sweet 16 vs the current state of things.

Tired of living off our past. Menzies either needs to turn things around during conference play, or they need to start looking for a new coach. They still have the same issues of the team playing well for a period of time and then going into a full collapse. The byu win should have never even been close.

Hire Dave Grace. If he was the recruiter, I'll go with him. Alford is not my choice at any price.

I hated the guy at New Mexico but I’m pretty sure I’d really like him if he was coaching UNLV. Alford’s teams were always solid in MWC. He won 4 conference titles in his 6 years at UNM. Sure his lack of success in the tournament disappointed a lot of fans but I think UNLV would be happy to have a few years of making the dance and crapping out in the round of 32 or sweet 16 vs the current state of things.

I would take Lon Kruger back before this Delta Bravo ! [smoke]

Remember many were wanting Kruger fired before he went to okla.

He is a lazy recruiter but the guy could coach. Defense and ball movement always good under coach k

Reactions: RebelScrub
Yep, Kruger had unlv usually from 20-50 in nation. That beats the heck out of the 200-250 unlv probably will be this year

Tired of living off our past. Menzies either needs to turn things around during conference play, or they need to start looking for a new coach. They still have the same issues of the team playing well for a period of time and then going into a full collapse. The byu win should have never even been close.

Agreed. I am not down on MM. But I have seen nothing to suggest he can elevate this team...

Agreed. I am not down on MM. But I have seen nothing to suggest he can elevate this team...
Bro we just lost to Bucknell by 21

Just speculation but Juice and Dembele probably don’t wanna risk their career playing for MM..

Get the free knee surgery and try to play for a new coach.

Remember many were wanting Kruger fired before he went to okla.

He is a lazy recruiter but the guy could coach. Defense and ball movement always good under coach k
He had one shooter..anybody remember Mitch Richmond from his old team?

This is freakin basketball? How do you not shoot the ball at this level?

They should renounce scholarships?

We just got taken to the woodshed by AFA.

This team got beaten by a bunch of future pilots and guys who will use a joystick to fly drones.

These future service men, God bless you guys for serving..

Our guys are AAU players who have limited experience inside. Hardy played his butt off. Everyone else bowed down to the slashing, diving, air force cadets. God bless them for their service.

We will see how the rest of the season goes, but if UNLV basketball continues to play the way they have on average this season, we will be looking at a really bad year, and the crowds at the T&M will see another big drop-off next season. The question will become how many season ticket holders can UNLV afford before they decide Menzies is a mistake, or are they willing to roll the dice and give him another couple of years to see if things get better?

Reactions: j. spilotro
I am hoping our two recruits stay with us and we clean house and get some good 3 or 4 star rebounders. If your 6 foot 11 and can't play or 6foot six and are beat out by a walk on why are you on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT