ADVERTISEMENT

Witchita St -6

Moneyline
The road has been an albatross for Rice. First true road game of the season. Very hostile environment. Shockers don't drop a lot of games at home.

This is an opportunity for the team to check where they are. I'm hoping they make a national statement. If they don't, I won't shed tears.

I think they have won 30 in a row or something.... Just means it is time for that to stop and I hope the rebels are the squad to do it

I think this game is going to be the best barometer to where this team stands. Great wins in Maui and at the MGM, but this one here, under very inhospitable circumstances will be a more accurate gauge of what this team is made of.

I don't necessarily mean it all comes down to win/lose. There's no shame in merely losing to the Shockers, as they regain their injured players, at an arena where they almost never fail. If the Rebels drop a tough, tightly-contested game, it may still show them to be a quality team. But if they get embarrassed, then we may discover that we've allowed ourselves to be sucked into another season of disappointment.

I'm very much hoping it will be the former...

A win tonight that stops an impressive home streak will get the attention this team deserves. Go get em' Rebs!

-6 seems like a little much. I expected WSU to be favored for sure, but 6 I would think is a few points too high.

Here's the starting lineups. WHat it doesn't show though is Frankamp (Kansas transfer, 3pt shooter) is a gametime projection cause he's on a redshirt and waiting on transcripts. They say it could be a thumbs up as late as 5 minutes before tip-off.

DmDw2C4.png

Was just reading the Shockers message board. WOW they are ready for UNLV. Said UNLV will be the start of pay back and the fans are going to be loud. They are looking at it as a MUSt win game to have any chance at the tourny. They are pumped about getting the Kansas transfer Frankamp eligible against UNLV.

Their fans also saying they have a hard time against a zone and Frankamp is their zone buster. But, hate to break it to them UNLV doesn't run a zone. Wish Rice did throw a zone in there once in awhile just to keep the opponent off balance and having to adjust. Rice did it last year and it worked OK. Especially the first 2 or 3 possessions of the zone. Yes Id much rather see all out man to man and press but, throwing a zone in for a few possessions forces a team to adjust.

Going to be a huge test for the Rebels.

I have read that they are making a big deal of this transfer from Kansas, but when is the last time a player became eligible and made a major impact in their first game back during mid season? Very rare.

WSU fan here. Excited for the game and yes a lot of us feel it is a must-win game for us because Missouri Valley teams don't have much leeway when it comes to the selection committee. We don't have many high RPI teams left on our schedule so winning this is important to heal some of the wounds inflicted on us by our early struggles. The reason WSU fans are excited about Frankamp becoming eligible is very closely tied to the health of Van Vleet. He's at best 80% and Fred's back-ups currently are a true freshmen (who has struggled) and a walk-on. Thus, if Fred is not able to play 30+ minutes, it will be a big boost to have a very talented back-up to fill in. Plus, he's a local boy so the community is excited for him. Good luck!

Last time UNLV was at WSU I don't think the players and coaches realized what they were going into and the incredible environment that the WSU fans created really shook up our players and it resulted in a 10 point loss. Rice should have the team ready this time around and will have them competing.

Reactions: ijspencer
WSU fan here. Excited for the game and yes a lot of us feel it is a must-win game for us because Missouri Valley teams don't have much leeway when it comes to the selection committee. We don't have many high RPI teams left on our schedule so winning this is important to heal some of the wounds inflicted on us by our early struggles. The reason WSU fans are excited about Frankamp becoming eligible is very closely tied to the health of Van Vleet. He's at best 80% and Fred's back-ups currently are a true freshmen (who has struggled) and a walk-on. Thus, if Fred is not able to play 30+ minutes, it will be a big boost to have a very talented back-up to fill in. Plus, he's a local boy so the community is excited for him. Good luck!
Has he been cleared to play?

the incredible environment that the WSU fans created really shook up our players and it resulted in a 10 point loss

Slight correction...It was a 19-point drubbing, 89-70...and honestly it wasn't even that close...

Seems every game so far the line has been moving away from us. At least the big games have as the larger point spreads are impossible to handicap anyways.

They have been wrong so far, lets hope it continues.

As soon as we start getting the early money we will know the people who really know what they are talking about believe in us.

Also consider the fact sharp players know how fired up for this game they will be. In college sports that means everything.

Slight correction...It was a 19-point drubbing, 89-70...and honestly it wasn't even that close...

I remember that game. They were hitting everything and it was so frustrating. It felt like we lost by at least 30. It was pretty embarrasing how badly we got outplayed in that game.

Are we just going to get blown out that easily? Wichita State has been taking it easy on us so far.

This is feeling like a game when the 3-point streak goes down...Never mind, thanks Jaylen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT