ADVERTISEMENT

What will it take to increase FB Attendance?

Sep 2 (Sat) 1 PM Bryant 20,347
Sep 16 (Sat) 4 PM Vanderbilt 22,582
Sep 30 (Sat) 1 PM Hawaii 25,328
Oct 21 (Sat) 4 PM Colorado State 22,585
Nov 10 (Fri) 7:45 PM Wyoming 25,568

I have been wondering what is keeping people from coming out other than complete disbelief... tickets are very cheap for UNLV FB.
Consistency! - that’s it
  • Winning, of course
  • retaining staff
  • retaining players
only those three things to change the mind of those on the fence or new to UNLV. This would trigger that much more media coverage (including local), which is more excitement… ticket cost…etc. snowballs… it’s really not that complicated.
biggest thing is those three things, which takes donors $ wanting it to happen and seeing a true benefit for them. So much insight I‘ve revealed 🤣

I think we’ll see a significant bump in season tickets sales for next year, especially if we play in the MWC Championship. If we win it and win a bowl game, no question UNLV will see a large bump. Then first home game next season may hit 30k.

I think we’ll see a significant bump in season tickets sales for next year, especially if we play in the MWC Championship. If we win it and win a bowl game, no question UNLV will see a large bump. Then first home game next season may hit 30k.
Unfortunately the first game at home is against Utah Tech. 2025 the first home game is verse UCLA!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Fans always have an excuse and always will, most of the locals don’t care about UNLV football, it’s knights or nothing for most. The excuse against SJSU will be it is the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: reagan21
UNLV needs to work with some of the strip clubs and provide lap dances for each ticket purchase. I can see a sellout coming!
Dance Performance GIF by The Only Way is Essex

I hope UNLV doesn't UNLV it up after this season and raise ticket prices. Get people in the building first, open up some more sections before screwing over the fans that are willing to pay to show up.

Fans always have an excuse and always will, most of the locals don’t care about UNLV football, it’s knights or nothing for most. The excuse against SJSU will be it is the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Oh, it’s already started. I’ve heard that from family who will be back in town for the holidays.

What do the vast majority of people do the Saturday after Thanksgiving from 11 am to 4 pm? You guessed it, absolutely nothing.

The Knights or nothing mentality in this town is as Vegas (I guess Vegas and SoCal) as it gets.

Vegas has a large enough population for UNLV to draw large crowds for football and basketball. We just need to build winning traditions. We have a built-in advantage with close to 100,000 alumni living in town which will only continue to grow. As noted above by dcut03 UNLV should focus on affordability as this is a major advantage it has over the professional teams. Enjoy a billion dollar stadium at UNLV prices. Make some improvements to stadium access and add a good marketing program promoting this season’s success and UNLV can get to 30k fans per game next season.

Vegas has a large enough population for UNLV to draw large crowds for football and basketball. We just need to build winning traditions. We have a built-in advantage with close to 100,000 alumni living in town which will only continue to grow. As noted above by dcut03 UNLV should focus on affordability as this is a major advantage it has over the professional teams. Enjoy a billion dollar stadium at UNLV prices. Make some improvements to stadium access and add a good marketing program promoting this season’s success and UNLV can get to 30k fans per game next season.
I agree affordability should be the initial push. That being said, my UNLVbb season tickets are WAY cheaper than my UNLVfb tickets but I’m so excited for what we’re building I had NO PROBLEM paying the money to renew for 2024.

After the Southern game I seriously thought there is little chance I renew for 2024-25 unless I see large changes.

In short, affordability is HUGE, but winning is more important. Just keep winning and stay consistent. People with show up. Women in Summerlin will go to Kohl’s and/or Target to get UNLV gear and you will see UNLV flags hanging for the passenger side window of their G-Wagons.

Last edited:
Nah it was more like 16-18k back then. But however you want to paint it the students were more engaged back then, even if the program was not.
me and a lot of others from campus used to go over to Sam Boyd for the games. Unfortunately, it seemed like we'd get waxed most of the time, so a lot of the crowd would dwindle in the 2nd half.

My dad doesn’t believe in leaving early in any sporting event. I watched a lot of bad football growing up.

He even stayed to the bitter end last week against Southern, but I bet he would have left had I asked him if he wanted to get home.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I can understand that one. We f’n suck.
I listen to the lattes KK Coaches show. They are preparing for Pepperdine before they head to Florida. On the loss to Southern he said,"It is hard to win a game in the NCAA". SMFH
And they described Stetson like it is a quality team or some bs because they have 2 seven footers.

Last edited:
Are games still free for students I assume? They have more than 40K students now. You would think they could average 15K in the student section alone.
Actually, UNLV had its second highest enrollment ever this fall at 31,000. This includes a large number of non-traditional and part-time students who are not your typical college student that attends games. Building more on-campus housing making UNLV less of a commuter school would help immensely with student attendance at a number of events, athletics and others.

Actually, UNLV had its second highest enrollment ever this fall at 31,000. This includes a large number of non-traditional and part-time students who are not your typical college student that attends games. Building more on-campus housing making UNLV less of a commuter school would help immensely with student attendance at a number of events, athletics and others.
When we did the college tour this summer they said it was over 40K I want to say 45K. But maybe that includes grad students?

If we get to the mountain west championship game I'm thinking we get 40K in the stands if it's at allegiant
Don’t get your hopes up, the knights play that night. Vegas will go support them before they support the rebels hosting a championship game.

Reactions: WarthogRebel
Don’t get your hopes up, the knights play that night. Vegas will go support them before they support the rebels hosting a championship game.
What time is the knights game? The MWC champ game is schedule to start at Noon. If the knights game is later, then can easily make both games.

A question posed on the MW board I hadn’t considered. Quote below.

“So the #20 & #22 ranked teams lost this week and the #21 & #25 teams are currently playing each other right now. Any chance the Rebs crack the Top 25 in either poll?”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT