ADVERTISEMENT

What will it take to increase FB Attendance?

I’m guessing we hit 25-26k for the SJSU game with the VGK game stealing a few thousand fans who would otherwise attend. We’ve been averaging what, 22-23k in actual attendance, so adding 3-4k wouldn’t be bad. I’d love for the lower level to be sold out but frankly that would surprise me somewhat. Just think it’s gonna take consistent winning over more than one season to overcome the skeptics who fairly have decades of futility in their corner.

I’m guessing we hit 25-26k for the SJSU game with the VGK game stealing a few thousand fans who would otherwise attend. We’ve been averaging what, 22-23k in actual attendance, so adding 3-4k wouldn’t be bad. I’d love for the lower level to be sold out but frankly that would surprise me somewhat. Just think it’s gonna take consistent winning over more than one season to overcome the skeptics who fairly have decades of futility in their corner.
I’m not understanding how a UNLV football game with a noon kickoff time conflicts with a 7pm Knights game. I mean, the football game will end more than a couple hours before the hockey game starts.

I understand it’s going to take time for crowds to build up with sustained success, but using the Knights game as a reason not to go is pretty lame.

Reactions: rebel5280
It took 50 years to get to where we were in 2019. It might take more than 50 days to turn it around. Attendance has been growing since we left SBSB. The recent performance by the team has accelerated that growth. AD Harper and his department have been making good decisions over the past few years. Football pricing and parking has been a great value for my family. Drive right in, park in a well lighted lot with Metro for security and drive right out with zero traffic problems.

Last edited:
I’m not understanding how a UNLV football game with a noon kickoff time conflicts with a 7pm Knights game. I mean, the football game will end more than a couple hours before the hockey game starts.

I understand it’s going to take time for crowds to build up with sustained success, but using the Knights game as a reason not to go is pretty lame.
Agree, but this is Vegas after all. Not like we’ve got a history of sticking with a team thru thick & thin.

No excuse this coming Saturday. Championships game. No Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately there is a VGK game. 🤬 Still folks ought to show up strong, especially students. UNLV should purchase an extra 10K seats and give them to students.

No excuse this coming Saturday. Championships game. No Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately there is a VGK game. 🤬 Still folks ought to show up strong, especially students. UNLV should purchase an extra 10K seats and give them to students.
Golden Knights game is 7pm that night. Expensive? Sure... but there is no time issue on this one. Noon kickoff ends by 4. Then 2 hours to get to T-Mobile before doors would even open

Reactions: LVRebel2000
This POS school never ever travel well
They beat our damn asses..

Their fans are cool as hell. Partied with some of them at Mandalay Bay before the boxing match.

They can be the premier Northern California school in football.

They already give UNLV students free tickets, including the MWC championship game, and they never show up.
I wasn't advocating for students getting additional tickets. My point was the general public can't use VGK timing as an excuse.

Maybe they can say they picked VGK over UNLV, but not "i can't go from one to the other in time"

I wasn't advocating for students getting additional tickets. My point was the general public can't use VGK timing as an excuse.

Maybe they can say they picked VGK over UNLV, but not "i can't go from one to the other in time"
Sorry, I was posting to the post before yours where the person said we should give it 10K free tickets to students!

This past week was one thing. Sure a big game, but still just regular season. And obviously the outcome didn't matter much.
But this week is a freaking conference championship game. And it is even cheaper. You can sell your 2 Knights tickets, get 4 football seats, beers at the stadium, and still have money for dinner somewhere else.
Or you could still go to the knights game.
This opportunity hasn't happened for UNLV for nearly 30 years. You have 41 opportunities to go see the knights every year.

I just went to the UNLVTICKETS.COM site. There are very few sideline tickets available on either side. Quite a few end zone still available. (very few more than two seating together) I don't see any tickets being made available for the next level up. Looks like the total capacity will be 30,000 for this game and It's looking to me like it will be full or nearly full. Seatgeek (and other resellers) still has a decent selection of seats and looks like the ONLY place to go if you need more than 2 sideline tickets together. This selection is still much tighter than for any other Rebel game since Iowa State.

The seats in the south end zone will be available from what I hear. The lower bowl capacity is increased with those extra seats. I don’t think it matters but there will be more than 30k people in the stands. I’m so excited.

If we lose to Akron tonight we can cut and paste this thread and put it on the basketball board. Hell we can do that even if they win. <crickets>

Reactions: unlove
I collected NHL hockey cards back in 1991. The kings were awesome. Marty McSorley, the great one, I think I had a Jaromir Jagr rookie card..
Luc Robitallielleueie, Nichols, Dave Taylor, Kelly Rhudy between the pipes. That’s when I became a Kings fan. Thanks, Prime Ticket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT