ADVERTISEMENT

What’s going on in Laramie?

If we lose this one tonight KK should have to buy his own ticket home from Laramie. Sad thing is I expect to win tonight, but not doing so wouldn't surprise me at this point.
If Kruger loses this one, he absolutely needs to find his own way home

This is an interesting matchup. We have our own set of problems. They just lost 3 players.

I might try my luck at PT’s pub across UNLV.

If we lose this one tonight KK should have to buy his own ticket home from Laramie. Sad thing is I expect to win tonight, but not doing so wouldn't surprise me at this point.
After getting swept by Fresno St. and letting their guard go off on us twice...yeah, same.

Reactions: rebels312
From the article posted orignally: "The Cowboys (7-15, 2-8) have seven healthy scholarship players entering Wednesday’s game against UNLV."

Bet the farm on UNLV this game if you can get it -10 or under

Yeah if we somehow shit the bed on this one, we need to pull a Lane Kiffin on CKK.

I remember heckling their ginger kid with a mullet. He won freshman of the week..

This can go all sorts of ways.

If Hall and Nowell don’t get major minutes on the road, I really don’t know what to say..

Seems like UNLV loses thies games more than they win, in FB too. Not that its hard to beat UNLV in FB but there have been too many games when a team on UNLV's level throws a 4th string walk-on QB out there and he wins.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Bored The Office GIF

Jesus Christ, I might actually check in to a mental hospital if we lose.

We’re struggling like crap. Where’s Hall and Nowell?

It’s just bad bad basketball. We’re lucky Wyo can’t hit anything or we’d be in a 10 point hole. Way to have the team up and ready for the game coach.

Quote at the bar.

Me: Listening to LifeHouse and watching my Rebels Struggle 20-20.

Bar guy: **** you man. LifeHouse was my youth growing up..

Reactions: butta1231
Nice play by Wyoming. Huge Pick and a dunk.

Wyoming playing like they are a wounded animal at home.

We play dumb basketball for stretches of the game... Wyoming wants us to shoot 3s.. We cant make them. They want us to shoot because if we drive theyd be in foul trouble that they cant afford. But sure, keep shooting all of you guards.. You'll eventually hit the 30% average.

This game is pretty awesome. Refs are letting them play unnderneath and letting it get physical.

This does look like a battle of teams near the bottom of the conference. Rebels look worse than they have all year. We have no inside threats at all.

Looks like we are back to Hall and Nowell getting minimal minutes....
Article in RJ discussed the problem we have is too many players for basically the same role. Was a nice way to say KK recruited a terribly unbalanced team with a bunch of guards that all basically do the same things.
Also Halls problem is he cant defend without fouling and right now his offensive game is bull into the opposing player or shoot a long range 3.

Hall is sloppy as hell with the ball and it rarely leaves his hands when he gets it. Add in his zero defense. Zero issues with him not getting much burn.

Lol..I’m not looking ahead but we are dead meat against SDSU.

If Wyoming is smart..just foul the rest of the way and get into a free throw shooting contest.

Harkless was only player who looked good for the Rebels. Good FT shooting. A win, but not a good win.

Regression..let’s talk about Keshawn Gilbert. He just plays out of control.

Ladies and gentlemen..this is a bad team.

We won by 10 but back to reality on Saturday..

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Optimism is a great thing and all but come on man. What team are you watching? It’s merely about building for next year at this point.
You need therapy. Or a hug. Maybe it’s that living in DC sucks. IDK.

I’ll root for the team how I do it, you do you. My way is more fun, at least for me.

My post was spot on, like it or not. Rebels took care of business in an ugly, unimpressive way typical of most games in Lairame. Now they’ve won 4 of 5 heading into a big game this Saturday that if they win, would be huge. It would be their second quad 1 win in a two week span.

Will we win Saturday? Probably not. Could we? Certainly. Is the season over today? Only if you’re a miserable human, or if you hate the coach enough to hope they lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Tripoda
Regression..let’s talk about Keshawn Gilbert. He just plays out of control.
He’s regressed in the last couple weeks, but he’s still far better than he was last year.

Is that regression? Or a Sophomore playing with the consistency of a typical Sophomore?

Reactions: 1Tripoda
As I said a month ago, UNLV is put together as a mostly defensive team, and really struggles with finding an offense. As the season goes along the rest of the MWC offense continues to improve while that of UNLV is mostly stagnant. If UNLV can't find consistency in their offense, they will continue to struggle in all of their games!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT