ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread UNM @ UNLV

Unlv coaches know if they do not win this one they could start 0-5 in the conference and they are done barring a true March miracle.

So Rebs pull out all the stops and win 73-68.

Reactions: j. spilotro
My confidence in the staff to motivate and coach this team is sorely lacking. Short of the players wanting to smack UNM (which seems to be one of the few teams UNLV gets up for), I see a double digit loss.
Heart: 81-74 Rebs
Head: 86-69 Methmen

My confidence in the staff to motivate and coach this team is sorely lacking. Short of the players wanting to smack UNM (which seems to be one of the few teams UNLV gets up for), I see a double digit loss.
Heart: 81-74 Rebs
Head: 86-69 Methmen
BTW, I didn’t even realize the game was today and I have season tickets. That’s how far I’ve drifted. 😢

BTW, I didn’t even realize the game was today and I have season tickets. That’s how far I’ve drifted. 😢
I was gonna go but didn’t want to make the trip.

I offered my roommate if he wanted to watch the Rebels, he said “nah”

Should be interesting..

Battle of the Coach’s Son

It’s on FS1.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Rebs did play hard first half. They lead by 2. Our players are not as good as the UNM players. DJ really slowed by the pressure.

Rebs did play hard first half. They lead by 2. Our players are not as good as the UNM players. DJ really slowed by the pressure.
May have been bothered by UNM’s traps but that’s because there is nobody else in our backcourt? DJ is still by far the best player on this team!

Team is battling again and shots are dropping. This team don’t quit, I actually think after the beginning run they faced in the Aztecs game they played pretty decent the last 30+ minutes but hard to overcome double digits vs such an experienced tough team. 3 in march is a possibility if shots fall at the right time imo

Team is battling again and shots are dropping. This team don’t quit, I actually think after the beginning run they faced in the Aztecs game they played pretty decent the last 30+ minutes but hard to overcome double digits vs such an experienced tough team. 3 in march is a possibility if shots fall at the right time imo
That’s why I said I wasn’t worried about the SDSU game, other than it being an L. W’s and L’s are convenient to judge but the game goes deeper. They looked focused after being initially rattled.

Conversely, UNM started tonight like we did against SDSU, fought back a little, but they pretty much stayed rattled most of the game.

Nice to be an aggressor and take the opposition out of their game instead of letting them dictate everything.

Really good performance tonight.

That’s why I said I wasn’t worried about the SDSU game, other than it being an L. W’s and L’s are convenient to judge but the game goes deeper. They looked focused after being initially rattled.

Conversely, UNM started tonight like we did against SDSU, fought back a little, but they pretty much stayed rattled most of the game.

Nice to be an aggressor and take the opposition out of their game instead of letting them dictate everything.

Really good performance tonight.
Did, you bet UNLV on the money line?
I hope, you did for real.
You, making some money.

You can only wonder what it would have been like to have both Boone kids the entire season. Both are game changers and super unselfish when it comes to feeding each other for the points

You can only wonder what it would have been like to have both Boone kids the entire season. Both are game changers and super unselfish when it comes to feeding each other for the points
We beat LMU, but not sure it changes much else.. we got spanked by multiple teams and I don't think that really changes

We beat LMU, but not sure it changes much else.. we got spanked by multiple teams and I don't think that really changes
Chemistry and spacing has changed a lot since we have someone who can consistently knock down the 3. I’m not saying we would be ranked or anything but the team has come together since he was released from the ncaa grasps

I’m genuinely surprised we won by 10, especially with no Hill.
We were out-rebounded by 10.
Web had 0 PTS (0-0!!), 2 RB, 1 AST and 1 STL in 24 min.
JJ had 0 PTS (0-4), 1 RB, and 3 AST in 16 min.
How in the hell did we win that game??

BTW, the freshman Brooklyn Hicks had 5 PTS, 1 RB and 1 AST in 8 min with no fouls. Perhaps he needs to start getting more minutes.

May have been bothered by UNM’s traps but that’s because there is nobody else in our backcourt? DJ is still by far the best player on this team!

BTW, the freshman Brooklyn Hicks had 5 PTS, 1 RB and 1 AST in 8 min with no fouls. Perhaps he needs to start getting more minutes.
Defense that How and Jackie impacted the game with his Defense he forced turnovers and played great defense

Coming out of high school Hicks was a good 3pt shooter. Named Mr. Basketball in the State of Washington. He's been a little wild in games but, if he can let the game come to him rather than trying to force his offense he will get better. I like him and I too want to start seeing more minutes for him.

DJ impacts every game on both ends of the floor with heart and talent every night. I like JJ but he ain’t DJ, not even close!

DJ is great all I am saying Jackie is playing great Defense and impacting the game defensively and he only is playing 15 min and averaging 8 pts a games if he was playing more minutes he would easily average double figures

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT