ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV 'big news' coming to LV

Seems like we see a drawing of a new stadium every year. We haven't even seen this new basketball floor that was suppose to be installed by first conference game.
Who said the floor was to be installed before conference play began???

Let's have the news already...

Side note: I've been MIA from the board for a week. The swings in poster attitude between the Reno game and the Boise game is pretty funny to read through.

One minute everybody on the team is lazy and terrible and Simon can't coach, the next minute we're 4-1 post CDR and just beat Boise by 10 and things are looking back up.

Lesson to fans- when you post at halftime of a Rebel game, positive or negative, your likelihood of being proven wrong by the end of the night is directly tied to the level of anger/joy contained in your halftime complaining/celebrating.
So are you the post czar now?

Evening.

I'm not in Las Vegas at the moment. I can confirm shortly as once I have everything together I can give as much as I am allowed to the public. Likely you will be hearing some from others shortly as well.

I can expect end of the week.

Was thinking about coming out and saying what it is but then the topic will be smeared and there will be too many different angles. Just be patient Rebel fans. Its not easy when i'm gathering all the information. I also want to see some things on paper as I have been granted access to certain areas of this topic.

Hopefully by the end of the week I will be break the news right here!

Let's play 20 questions, Westgate.
Is this Conference affiliation related?
Is it Stadium related?
Practice facility related? (My guess)
Bball coach related?

Someone pony up the 10 bucks and get his ass on the other board. Lol

Hell yes! Why should the average person get any information for free? If you don't pony up the $10 you don't deserve to get inside info on the Rebels!

UPDATE-

Been given word that its not ok for me to disclose everything due to parties being urgent on finalizing few things.

Was told ''These issues are so heated. The right people have to do right things every moment or delays occur''

Now I can tell you flat out that this is going to be the biggest Las Vegas story in the last decade. Sure nobody will believe it. ESPN1100 will not report it. What I said about the Rebels firing Rice that night I disclosed information that was actually happening at the moment. Part Rebel fan in me. It was a big weekend. Remember?
I'm a Rebel fan and loyalist and proud of the Las Vegas/Paradise community. The people and our landmarks. So what is the issue? I suppose few things.
-Respect. I must respect the process. So i'm constantly listening/reading about so many happenings as a fan. Of course over the dinner table I speak about them. I do not tell close friends. Why? Cause that can only bite you if something goes astray and it can. Believe me. Affect you.
I'm fine with people doubting or not caring. Again. I am proud of our city and UNLV. I know many of you are just like me. Why not talk about these things.

-Process. I can tell you one thing one day. Another the next. Its constant. Some days I get nothing cause i'm just too busy or i'm not in the circle at the moment. When things heat up its a given I will know. I also know many people from LRJ and the Sun and a few from the local networks. I talk to them often. I may have been a source a few times.
Its like seeing a neighbor. Sometimes we talk when we cut the grass. Or lounge in the backyard. Or just walking outside. Maybe at the store. When covering UNLV like this as a fan. There isn't a meeting place. Its just talk, talk, talk. And I show a massive amount of interest in projects like this one. Its important. Its fun.

I will tell you again. UNLV and Las Vegas will be massive winners in this. I have been skeptical. I can honestly see that its 99% a done deal. I was told its 100% but I still see some things needing to be worked out.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE-

Been given word that its not ok for me to disclose everything due to parties being urgent on finalizing few things.

Was told ''These issues are so heated. The right people have to do right things every moment or delays occur''

Now I can tell you flat out that this is going to be the biggest Las Vegas story in the last decade. Sure nobody will believe it. ESPN1100 will not report it. What I said about the Rebels firing Rice that night I disclosed information that was actually happening at the moment. Part Rebel fan in me. It was a big weekend. Remember?
I'm a Rebel fan and loyalist and proud of the Las Vegas/Paradise community. The people and our landmarks. So what is the issue? I suppose few things.
-Respect. I must respect the process. So i'm constantly listening/reading about so many happenings as a fan. Of course over the dinner table I speak about them. I do not tell close friends. Why? Cause that can only bite you if something goes astray and it can. Believe me. Affect you.
I'm fine with people doubting or not caring. Again. I am proud of our city and UNLV. I know many of you are just like me. Why not talk about these things.

-Process. I can tell you one thing one day. Another the next. Its constant. Some days I get nothing cause i'm just too busy or i'm not in the circle at the moment. When things heat up its a given I will know. I also know many people from LRJ and the Sun and a few from the local networks. I talk to them often. I may have been a source a few times.
Its like seeing a neighbor. Sometimes we talk when we cut the grass. Or lounge in the backyard. Or just walking outside. Maybe at the store. When covering UNLV like this as a fan. There isn't a meeting place. Its just talk, talk, talk. And I show a massive amount of interest in projects like this one. Its important. Its fun.

I will tell you again. UNLV and Las Vegas will be massive winners in this. I have been skeptical. I can honestly see that its 99% a done deal. I was told its 100% but I still see some things needing to be worked out.

Stay tuned.
Thanks Westgate. You are making us very anxious/excited. Can't wait to hear the news.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Westgate? Do you think we will hear anything before Super Bowl Sunday?

Update

Today was off-limit today. Been very busy. Friday i'm going to be talking to a few people and Saturday i'm meeting with some officials from the city. Likely going to be watching sports and have a meal at a home for the evening.

Sunday I will be busy with Super Bowl. But i'm sure I will have something ready for Sunday to better understand where we are at. Unless something has changed from Friday/Saturday and its more complicated then it will be a wait and see.. But i'm hoping the weekend will be great news. So it might just be my availability so look for Sunday. If not then Monday will be it.

Update

Today was off-limit today. Been very busy. Friday i'm going to be talking to a few people and Saturday i'm meeting with some officials from the city. Likely going to be watching sports and have a meal at a home for the evening.

Sunday I will be busy with Super Bowl. But i'm sure I will have something ready for Sunday to better understand where we are at. Unless something has changed from Friday/Saturday and its more complicated then it will be a wait and see.. But i'm hoping the weekend will be great news. So it might just be my availability so look for Sunday. If not then Monday will be it.

and if not Monday then maybe time will permit on Tuesday after your 3 mile run and breakfast assuming the stock market doesn't take another tumble which may distract you from important UNLV developments. If Tuesday doesn't work maybe you'll get the okay to release the hounds on Wednesday after you take your midweek dump. However, if you get a little backed up you might have to wait until the following weekend after your tummy settles. If the cherry flavored pepto kicks in, and Jupiter aligns with Saturn, on Saturday night at approximately 11:59:57 pm (+ or - 3 or 4 days) if the moon is full maybe then the news will spring forth to enlighten your rebel net audience!

:)

exactly.

and if not Monday then maybe time will permit on Tuesday after your 3 mile run and breakfast assuming the stock market doesn't take another tumble which may distract you from important UNLV developments. If Tuesday doesn't work maybe you'll get the okay to release the hounds on Wednesday after you take your midweek dump. However, if you get a little backed up you might have to wait until the following weekend after your tummy settles. If the cherry flavored pepto kicks in, and Jupiter aligns with Saturn, on Saturday night at approximately 11:59:57 pm (+ or - 3 or 4 days) if the moon is full maybe then the news will spring forth to enlighten your rebel net audience!

I'm sorry, but this is freaking hilarious.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Westgate is either winning poster or troll of the year with this tread . . . and it's only February. At this point, I'm a strong lean towards the latter. It's funny to think only this dude and no one else knows about the biggest thing to hit Nevada in the last decade. Lol. Seriously that's retarded.

Anyway, I have to go check my email and text my friend who is super important.

Update - my friend texted me and said he will text me later. Probably tonight, but I'll be drinking a tall glass of milk tonight so probably tomorrow. Unless tomorrow is Saturday. Then it could be Sunday. But I'm watching the Super Bowl Sunday so probably Monday. But Monday I'll be hung over so definitely Tuesday. Stay tuned !!!!!

Westgate is either winning poster or troll of the year with this tread . . . and it's only February. At this point, I'm a strong lean towards the latter. It's funny to think only this dude and no one else knows about the biggest thing to hit Nevada in the last decade. Lol. Seriously that's retarded.

Anyway, I have to go check my email and text my friend who is super important.

Update - my friend texted me and said he will text me later. Probably tonight, but I'll be drinking a tall glass of milk tonight so probably tomorrow. Unless tomorrow is Saturday. Then it could be Sunday. But I'm watching the Super Bowl Sunday so probably Monday. But Monday I'll be hung over so definitely Tuesday. Stay tuned !!!!!

He had the stadium news before anybody else did right? The format for your joke was already used above so you lost a lot of steam there.

I am not sure how anybody can read his explanation and not see how it makes perfect sense.

Maybe if you had some inside information you would be free and loose with it. Then again, maybe that is why you don't have any.

Yea no one had heard about the stadium before he posted that on rebelnet. Great call Jonny.

Please enlighten us on what he's said that makes perfect sense.

Reactions: RebtillDeath
Yea no one had heard about the stadium before he posted that on rebelnet. Great call Jonny.

Please enlighten us on what he's said that makes perfect sense.

Well I haven't seen or heard of anybody else mentioning it... Have you?

It seems to me like he went out of his way to explain why the information was being delayed. Since it not what people wanted to hear, it is being mocked.

Maybe, just maybe, his explanation is the truth, there has to be more I's dotted and T's crossed before releasing it.

Then for a reward, he gets to read the crap being posted here.

What do you guys get out of mocking the information? In case it turns out to be false, you can be the first ones on here saying I knew it?

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Cool story.

Let's bet: if this is the biggest event in Nevada in the last ten years I'll give u $100. If this is anything less you own up to being trolled liked a tahoe lake trout.

Cool story.

Let's bet: if this is the biggest event in Nevada in the last ten years I'll give u $100. If this is anything less you own up to being trolled liked a tahoe lake trout.

How is that judgement made?

Forget the $100. If it turns out to be true, you apologize for being a jerk to this guy and everybody else you have done this to in the last few years.

Looks like most of the smart ass responses are coming from confidential board members.
There does seem to be a very distinct "Awe.... It's so cute that you're trying..." air in the responses from the posters you're talking about.

Let's just let things play out. This guy may be a troll, he may be way off-base, or he may have good information. Who knows? Not like we haven't seen people from each of these categories on confidential board, too.

There does seem to be a very distinct "Awe.... It's so cute that you're trying..." air in the responses from the posters you're talking about.

Let's just let things play out. This guy may be a troll, he may be way off-base, or he may have good information. Who knows? Not like we haven't seen people from each of these categories on confidential board, too.
Or you could just be butthurt that this information is breaking on the free site instead of the Conf Board. I paid for the Conf Board before and didn't renew because a lot of the "so called inside info" was very cryptic and speculative at best. I didn't see any benefit to paying for info that normally was released just shortly after being revealed on the Conf Board. As far as Westgate is concerned, he was spot on on the Dave Rice firing when he announced it the night before it was made public and was spot on again in the stadium proposal days before it was released, so as far as I'm concerned he hasn't given me any reason to doubt him up to this point and will sit back patiently to await his latest revelation and save myself $10.00 a month as I wait.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT