ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV 'big news' coming to LV

Let's have the news already...

Side note: I've been MIA from the board for a week. The swings in poster attitude between the Reno game and the Boise game is pretty funny to read through.

One minute everybody on the team is lazy and terrible and Simon can't coach, the next minute we're 4-1 post CDR and just beat Boise by 10 and things are looking back up.

Lesson to fans- when you post at halftime of a Rebel game, positive or negative, your likelihood of being proven wrong by the end of the night is directly tied to the level of anger/joy contained in your halftime complaining/celebrating.

That loss at Reno was hard to swallow. But it's a bit unrealistic to think we're going to sweep the remainder of the season as well. The way they lost at Reno just sucked nonetheless.

At halftime of the Boise game I thought the team was toast. Have to give it to them though for pulling out that win.

So, no news then.

I think Wednesday there may be some news coming. There is 1 possibly 2 scholarships left for football. No visits were announced this weekend. The football staff is keeping these last 1 or 2 offers very close to the vest. This is out of character, because until now we knew who was coming and who had given verbal commits immediately.

This is speculation on my part, but I think news of the proposed football facilty is coming as soon as Wednesday. Again speculation, and I could be wrong. Just piecing together some things that make it a possibility.

One, all the stadium talk is a positive for football. Two this is one of UNLV's best classes (on paper) ever. As good of a group of recruiters as we have on this staff, I think they must have had something else to sell recruits. I think that might be a new practice facility. Kids today want to see something tangible. Its hard to sell them a vision.

Again a guess, but it seems possible.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Only problem with that theory is that if they had been telling recruits, I would think it would have leaked by now.

Only problem with that theory is that if they had been telling recruits, I would think it would have leaked by now.

Possible.

Last year though, two recruits, I think White or Austrie (or neither can't remember for sure) actually tweeted about it or mentioned Coach Sanchez talking about future plans concerning practices facilities. It never came up again.

You are right, more than likely it would have leaked by now.

Unless the claim of more big things was bogus, what else could it be.?

Can't be basketball news. No contact with coaches under contract is allowed without approval from that coaches current University. That type of news always gets out.

I can't think of anything else it could be.

Regarding the news this weekend. I feel its best to gather everything and be firm on the extent of the news that I wish to reveal.

With a major development as this one. Its best that I be careful and respectful with the players involved in these dealings.

I will update you all shortly.feel its best to gather everything and be firm on the information.

Possible.

Last year though, two recruits, I think White or Austrie (or neither can't remember for sure) actually tweeted about it or mentioned Coach Sanchez talking about future plans concerning practices facilities. It never came up again.

You are right, more than likely it would have leaked by now.

Unless the claim of more big things was bogus, what else could it be.?

Can't be basketball news. No contact with coaches under contract is allowed without approval from that coaches current University. That type of news always gets out.

I can't think of anything else it could be.
Could be conference news...

ooooooh sounds kind of like an allusion. We going to Pac-12? That would be cool, but it seems unlikely.
That would be great, but I doubt it for now. Talks may be going on behind closed doors, but at this point, the only conference that I've heard even talking about expansion is the Big 12.

Obviously he was wrong. There wasn't any "big news" about UNLV this weekend.

ijspencer. To clarify. I did not mention that UNLV was going to announce any big news this past weekend. I was going to reveal once more some information I have obtained.

Previously stated it was best to wait and gather more information in respect to this matter for the parties involved.

I can assure you the news I have been given and have followed during the progression is out of this ballpark news that will bring joy and surprise to the city of Las Vegas and the entire state of Nevada.

Especially Southern Nevada.

It doesn't mean he was wrong. It could just be exactly as he says it was, that he is trying to gather as much information as possible and will have to decide when and how much info to release.

He nailed the stadium news long before anybody else did so I don't think we are in position to doubt what he says.

I am even more confused now that it is revealed that the news could affect players. You would think any really big news would affect potential players of the future, not so much now.

Reactions: RebelinWA
ijspencer. To clarify. I did not mention that UNLV was going to announce any big news this past weekend. I was going to reveal once more some information I have obtained.

Previously stated it was best to wait and gather more information in respect to this matter for the parties involved.

I can assure you the news I have been given and have followed during the progression is out of this ballpark news that will bring joy and surprise to the city of Las Vegas and the entire state of Nevada.

You must be referring to something definitive about the Raiders really moving here.

Well it must be about the Raiders because nobody in Northern Nevada gets joy out of UNLV success.

The NFL did release a statement the day after the news broke that there is no rule against moving to Las Vegas. If that has something to do with then it then this has to have leggs. That would mean westgate new that the league would draft a statement before they actually did. That's prepared.

Still, that's a reach and I don't see how that affects players.

The NFL did release a statement the day after the news broke that there is no rule against moving to Las Vegas. If that has something to do with then this has to have leggs. That would mean westgate new that the league would draft a statement before they actually did. That's prepared.

Still, that's a reach and I don't see how that affects players.
The stadium is moving forward though with or without the Raiders so not sure how Raiders coming here is big news for UNLV. Big news for Las Vegas though. Maybe its conference expansion related? Looks like we just have to wait until Westgate decides to share more....

sounds like stadium related, "whole of Nevada, especially southern Nevada" that to me is tourism related news. I bet its either a professional team or solid financing for the stadium or perhaps the actual rendering of the stadium plus the village surrounding it.

Seems like we see a drawing of a new stadium every year. We haven't even seen this new basketball floor that was suppose to be installed by first conference game.

I know exactly what it is. But I'm not telling a soul. It has to do within this galaxy. Within this universe. Oh no, I may have given too many hints already!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT