ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread UNLV at UNR

Who wins the Battle for the Fremont Cannon?

• UNLV in OT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNLV by 1-5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • UNLV by 6-10

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • UNLV by 11-19

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • UNLV by 20+

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • UNR in OT

• UNR by 1-5

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • UNR by 6-10

• UNR by 11-19

• UNR by 20+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That requires we make our third down conversions. I suspect Reno will load the box and force UNLV to pass to try to get 3 & outs. Whichever QB plays needs to be accurate.
Not necessarily with this Go Go offence. These multiple RBs line ups is more effective than the conventional short passes and screen passes, IMO. I could be wrong. What is requires is the decisiveness of QB situation. If Maiava is the QB1 he need to practice those bombs until it feels like 2nd nature...with the 1st string.

After seeing play around the league these past two weekends I think we can start to make some pretty bold predictions after we take care of meth heads next weekend - assuming we do and cannon stays red.

Predictions like….are we a dark horse to win the MW? Top 25 looks? Etc. we aren’t quite there yet…but let’s see how we do next week. It all starts with next week and then we can start having some fun talks imo

A lot of teams have tried that. And failed. Whether we ran it or passed it on 3rd down. Our Conversion rate is high.

UNLV currently ranks 8th in the country in third down conversion rate.

A big part of that is the running game putting the Rebs in a lot of 3rd and less than 5 situations. Maiava hasn't exactly lit it up in terms of yardage but he's been pretty good converting 3rd down.

Reno will stack the box, it will be up to whatever QB starts to take advantage of some favorable coverages.

Rebs don't need to throw for 300 yards. But I think they will need to hit one or two big passes to force Reno to play straight up.

Last edited:
After seeing play around the league these past two weekends I think we can start to make some pretty bold predictions after we take care of meth heads next weekend - assuming we do and cannon stays red.

Predictions like….are we a dark horse to win the MW? Top 25 looks? Etc. we aren’t quite there yet…but let’s see how we do next week. It all starts with next week and then we can start having some fun talks imo

Beat Reno and CSU and then we can start talking about it.

Rebs 48-17. Shouldn’t be close at all really, but I’m sure Reno will throw everything they have at this game as it’s basically all they have left to play for. Will either play inspired and keep it close for a bit or will completely quit. Going to go with the former

Alright, 6 days until the Reno game. How much is UNLV favoured by? How do you think the coaches will approach this game.
Reno offense is bad but their defense is decent. I have already stated how I would approach it, how would you do it?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Alright, 6 days until the Reno game. How much is UNLV favoured by? How do you think the coaches will approach this game.
Reno offense is bad but their defense is decent. I have already stated how I would approach it, how would you do it?
I wouldn’t change up much. We’ve been powering it with success … I’d continue to do that. We certainly don’t want Maiava throwing it 40 times … he’s gotta be able to make decent reads and throw the safer passes to keep things honest. But I’d still go run heavy, safe passes, PAP, and if they are stacking too much, you have to go up top now and again.

We are better than them. They have to adjust for us more than we have to adjust for them. Of course, you have other stuff in case they slow aspects of our game.

To me it’s more about focus and determination than actual gameplan.

I wouldn’t change up much. We’ve been powering it with success … I’d continue to do that. We certainly don’t want Maiava throwing it 40 times … he’s gotta be able to make decent reads and throw the safer passes to keep things honest. But I’d still go run heavy, safe passes, PAP, and if they are stacking too much, you have to go up top now and again.

We are better than them. They have to adjust for us more than we have to adjust for them. Of course, you have other stuff in case they slow aspects of our game.

To me it’s more about focus and determination than actual gameplan.
I have never ever feel sympathy for Reno. For some reason, I dont even want UNLV to play them...I just want a win and get out of there without any injury. To be honest, UNLV could drop 60 on Reno without even trying....

William Hill early line is up

UNLV -9.5 over 56

I have never ever feel sympathy for Reno. For some reason, I dont even want UNLV to play them...I just want a win and get out of there without any injury. To be honest, UNLV could drop 60 on Reno without even trying....
You got a lot of teams from the MWC willing to embarrassed Reno. After all, they represent the whole State of Nevada. We are nothing more than Vegas.

UNLV 27
Worst college football team in Nevada state history 6

Low scoring affair.

UNR has had major offensive problems for a while now. During this 15 game losing streak they’re averaging just 16 points a game.
As long as we do our thing and put up 35-40 points again we’ll win easy.

UNR has had major offensive problems for a while now. During this 15 game losing streak they’re averaging just 16 points a game.
As long as we do our thing and put up 35-40 points again we’ll win easy.
Are you going to the game? Please represent for us.

Yep, I’ll be there. I’ve had to sit through quite a few ass kickings at Mackay Stadium over the years. I’m cautiously optimistic this one is going to go well for the Rebels.
Reno is going to muck up the game. Dont expect a pretty game. IMO. Their defense is solid according Fresno, so expect some cheap shots against our offensive players. Eventually, their defense will get tired. Toward the end of the 2nd quarter and end of the 3 quarter is where you will see UNLV separate themselves from the Wolfies.

Hey RebNReno, can you snap a picture of cannon replica that they made and share it with us?

Last edited:
I just want to see UNLV wins BUT if the scores difference is less than 14, I would be surprised.

The way the Volleyball team went down Thursday night at reno I feel a bit uneasy today. That and the way CU blew a huge lead to a sorry Stanford team. I'm trying to stay positive here.

Just realized the game in on the MTN network if I saw that right? Everyone gets it right? Not sure if I need to relay this one or not? I'd rather skip games that are open to the public to reduce risks of a ban on YouTube.

Just realized the game in on the MTN network if I saw that right? Everyone gets it right? Not sure if I need to relay this one or not? I'd rather skip games that are open to the public to reduce risks of a ban on YouTube.
I have been providing the stream from www.theeaststream.to
It is free. You dont have to register crap but I would recommend downloading Googles' Ad Blocker.

I have been providing the stream from www.theeaststream.to
It is free. You dont have to register crap but I would recommend downloading Googles' Ad Blocker.
I mean I relay the streams using my YouTube TV to my YouTube channel for those that people have a hard time viewing, and also in 4k (if hthey happen to have it). This one is on the MTN Network so I don't think anyone needs a bootleg site/stream at all.

I mean I relay the streams using my YouTube TV to my YouTube channel for those that people have a hard time viewing in 4k. This one is on the MTN Network so I don't think anyone needs a bootleg site/stream at all.
I just used that site for all my sports viewing. NFL, MLB, NCAAFB ...etc. No naked women football games though?

wtf is Silver State Sports & Entertainment Network lol? I'll be using MTN but what is that?

Nice! Hope to see you guys representing on the stream! We'll have to SS and post images if we see anyone lol