ADVERTISEMENT

**UNLV(1-2) vs LMU (2-1) SERIES Thread** UNLV drops 2 of 3

ScoresMan

National Player of the Year
Aug 31, 2008
Post all comments about the 3 game series vs LMU in this thread.

It's Opening weekend for the UNLV Hustlin' Rebels as it's Tim Chambers 2nd season as head skipper. A top 30 ranked recruiting class full of talent from the local Las Vegas high school area hope to continue to build on the foundation Coach Chambers set last season.

Series Schedule
Fri 17th @ LMU 1pm PST - 4-3 LOSS WP:Griffin, A LP:Garcia, J
Sat 18th @ LMU 1pm PST - 6-1 WIN WP:Qualls,Z LP: Megill,T
Sun 19th @ LMU 1pm PST 6-2 LOSS WP:Lally, J LP: Bourdon, B

This post was edited on 2/20 10:22 AM by ScoresMan

Re: **UNLV(0-0) vs LMU SERIES Thread** OPENING DAY!!!!

No online webcast for this series but you can follow along with the Game Tracker at the link below.

*Game Tracker*

From the sound of it....It'll be Robinson,Fedde and Quails this weekend...TJ White fr. starting at thrid and two freshman catchers will be splitting time..Also LMU has two freshman pitchers starting in their rotation...Should be a good series...

Can't wait. Going to the UCLA game tomorrow and the UNLV game Sunday.

A weekend of college baseball. Yessir!!!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

What happened to Ryan Scott? He still catching? Tomasetti is one of the freshman catchers, where's VanMeetren playing?

Tomasetti and Van Meetren will split time at catcher....Mee I talked to Ken White this morning he's already at LMU...Look him up if you go sunday he'll be there with the family....Funny he was asking me if I was coming down to the game....Think I'll make a road trip next week and check out Bazz and the boys in Reno...Kenny wants me to go to Texas with him next week....If only I had your cash mee I could make some road trips....J/K...

2-0 LMU bottom of the 1st. Not sop strong start for Robinson.

Rebels score 3 runs in the top of the 6th to take the lead 3-2 but Robinson gives up a run in the bottom half to make the game tied.

Re: **UNLV(0-1) vs LMU (1-0) SERIES Thread** UNLV loses Game 1 4-3

****UNLV rallies but gives up lead in 7th to lose 4-3****

The UNLV Hustlin' Rebels started their 2012 campaign with game 1 of 3 at Loyola Marymount with returning starter Joe Robinson on the mound. High expectations for the Rebels coming into the season, picked to finish 2nd in the MWC this season, but they didn't get the start they wanted.

Robinson gave up 3 hits including 2 runs in the first inning to give the LMU Lions a 2-0 early lead. On the other side of the diamond freshman pitcher Colin Welmon went clean through the first five innings giving up only 2 hits with 3 strikeouts before the Rebels went on the attack in the 6th inning.

Back to back singles by Higa and Kirk followed by a Dysinger double finally but the Rebels on the board. A Trevor Cook sac fly and a Brandon Bayardi double put the Rebels into the lead 3-2. Bayardi, who was selected as a Preseason All American, ended the game with 3 strikeouts in 4 AB's.

After gaining the lead to begin the 6th pitcher Joe Robinson gave up 1 run before being pulled for Jesse Garcia. Robinson finished the game with 5.2 IP 6H 3ER 1BB 0K's.

The Rebels would fail to score in the next 3 innings and unfortunately it would cost them as LMU scratched out a run in the 7th with a Joey Boney double to put the Lions ahead for good. Jesse Garcia would be left in by coach Chambers ending with 2.1IP 3H 1R 1BB 2K's also recording the loss.
This post was edited on 2/17 4:46 PM by ScoresMan

2-1 UNLV bottom 6th in Game 2 of the series.

FRESHMAN Zak Qualls doing work!

was about to point out the no no till he just gave up a double.

Re: **UNLV(1-1) vs LMU (1-1) SERIES Thread** UNLV Wins Game 2 6-1!!!

UNLV wins 6-1! I'll have a quick write up shortly.

I thought UNLV wins 6-1! was a quick write up.

****Freshman Pitcher Qualls Impressive Debut In 6-1 Win****

After losing Friday night the Rebels turned to Freshman pitcher Zak Qualls from Rancho High School to get the Rebels into the win column for the first time this season. Qualls who was one of the highest touted recruits of the incoming class for Coach Chambers didn't disappoint throwing 6.2 innings of no hit ball allowing 0 earned runs and 5 strikeouts.

It was only on a Cullen Mahoney double with two outs in the 7th that broke up the no hitter, and would be the only LMU on the afternoon. LMU scored it's lone run after an error by shortstop Danny Higa and a ground out by Nick Devian getting the run home.

Coming off of 3 strikeout night Brandon Bayardi went 3-4 with 4 RBI including a 3 run Home Run in the 7th that broke things wide open. Interesting to note that the top three in the lineup of Kirk-Dysinger-Cook went 6 for 14 putting themselves on base for Bayardi to deliver.

Behind the plate Erik VanMeetren got his first start and while not doing much with the bat he helped guide Qualls to his strong outing. TJ White (third base) and Joe Swanner (center field) round out the starting freshman from the game.

Though they collectively went 1-12 on the day, the increased playing time and willingness of Coach Chambers to put freshman out there show signs of courage and promise for the future.

Borden strikes out the side.

Strong showing of UNLV fans here at LMU. Started the Rebel chant and was looked at like it's never been done at a baseball game before lol. I'll get them use to it.

The senior catcher is killing us. A couple past balls led to a couple runs an now they're running on him.

At work Mee what's the score?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT