ADVERTISEMENT

**UNLV vs #23 Nebraska Series/PBP Thread** UNLV Takes 2 of 3!!

ScoresMan

National Player of the Year
Aug 31, 2008
3 Game Series

Game Times:
Friday 13th 6pm
Saturday 14th 2pm
Sunday 15th 1pm

I'll try to add more later, on the mobile device and will be attending the game tonight!

Feel free to add in game comments in here!

This post was edited on 2/15 4:50 PM by ScoresMan

Re: **UNLV vs #23 Nebraska Series/PBP Thread**

Any chance of a link to video for the out of state people? I thought last year they showed the home games streaming, which I enjoyed.

Try the UNLV athletic website

2-0 Nebraska Top 7

UNLV 8 hits no runs. Had lots of opportunities but couldn't cash in. I really questioned Chambers decision not to send the runner earlier in the 1-0 game with 0 outs and it came back to cost them with 3 straight outs!

UNLV lost 2-0 last night. I thought they played real well. Left side of the infield which were both FRESHMAN had a few unbelievable stops. Really impressive showing in their first game. UNLV pitching held it together after Qualls leaving the game. Holding Nebraska to just 1 run the rest of the game. Nebraska bullpen was electric. Couldn't get a hit off them.

Two things really stood out for me And I wish I kept a score sheet like I usually do to reference the inning and exact situation;

1.) First and Second I believe 1 out and Chambers put a steal on for the man on 2nd. He was easily thrown out. During the same at bat the batter lines one up the middle.You could easily assume runner would of scored but maybe defense plays a Double Play opp closer to the middle and that ball doesn't get through. Anyway I felt like we lost a run there.

2.) Not sending the runner home on a ball off the wall. It might of been close but in a 1-0 game dieing for a run to come across I believe you have to send the runner with 0 outs.

Best Case Scenario: Runner scores and batter stands up double.

Worst Case Scenario: The throw home gets the runner but the batter ends up on 3rd on the throw home easily still setting up sac fly chance with 1 out.

Instead runner at 2nd and 3rd 0 outs were followed with 2 straight K and a fly out. Ducks left on the pond.

If you're going to be aggressive by stealing 3rd I think you have to keep it consistent.

This post was edited on 2/14 11:54 AM by ScoresMan

This post was edited on 2/14 11:58 AM by ScoresMan

This post was edited on 2/14 11:59 AM by ScoresMan

Rebels with 20 hits in two games! Really should have put up a few runs game one with how well they hit the ball. Could have been up 2-0 in the series. Would be a really nice start to the season if they can take this series.

Going for the series win today! Meyers on the mound.

Man these Freshman Rodriguez and Squier have been fantastic so far.

UNLV wins 3-0 and takes 2 of 3 from #23 Nebraska!

Freshman making Major League defensive plays. As the season goes on we'll get a lot of these runners across we left stranded. Good time this weekend. Go Rebels!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT