ADVERTISEMENT

Ugly!

Considering our 3, 4, and 5 are all like 6-8 or taller I don't get it... embarrassing
Yeah, we usually blame size. Injuries. Tons of excuses why we can’t do something … other teams have the same obstacles, UNLV isn’t so unique in that way.

Utah State, first year coach, 13 new players, zero returning points … they haven’t struggled … yet, anyway.

I’ve been saying rebounding has been an issue for a long time now even under predecessor TJO. CKK’s first year was actually his best season because he had Hamm cleaning the glass. We were so close to an NIT bid but CKK did not have UNLV ready for the trip to New Mexico that season.

Last year Muoka showed grit when challenged, but went back to being soft again. This year’s iteration is way too soft in the paint and CKK landed Cottrell and whiffed on guys like Keita (Utah’s leading blocker and rebounder). There’s a number of other bigs CKK was in on, but Keita was a huge whiff on the recruiting trail.

Maybe we stop letting him recruit...

So far we've managed to land a group of players that can't shoot, defend or rebound...
I watched Isaiah try to block out several times. He was blocking out one guy and another usually got the board. without more help inside from bigger guards and a change of scheme, he is clearly frustrated. The end of the game fouls are a product of two years of recovering from injuries to his feet. the rust is not off yet for him. The twins need to keep their hands up and not slap down. Bad habits are hard to break.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
I think that some of you fans don’t appreciate that we have talent equivalent to Jalon Martinez and whatever his first name was Tillis. They were good passers which is all that Otz cared about in recruiting.

Maybe CKK took that to heart in his recruiting since most of the players can’t do much else.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT