ADVERTISEMENT

Ugly!

rebel5280

Rebel Legend
Feb 26, 2006
To say UNLV is cold would be an insult to cold, they are awful on the offensive end!

To say UNLV is cold would be an insult to cold, they are awful on the offensive end!
It’s not simply shooting. If it were that it could be understandable. With 17 mins to play they are being out rebounded 40-17 with also 19 offensive rebounds given up. That’s absolute “don’t give a F” effort by this team.

Very sad considering they had a dominate win yo build off of. This is player effort (lack of) and poor leadership by the coaches.

Reactions: rebel5280
It is safe to say the the Creighton game was not a catalyst for the rest of the season being good. Nothing has changed with these guys and both Boone’s have fouled out because of dumb fouls!

What a bitch way to lose a basketball game.

Open floor transition lol

Lets be honest; Cottrell is almost as bad as Muoka was. At least Muoka gave us some dunks and a little paint protection. Cottrell is out there for cardio.
I could not agree more about Cottrell, he is a clown show!
He might as well be 5’11, that’s how much impact he has down low.
His fouls were so soft and if he is doing anything other than catching and shooting a 3, he is useless!

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't like to bash players, but Cottrell is softer than warm ice cream. That big man bullied him in the overtime and Cottrell gave up 2 and one's in the final couple minutes, That's 6 points and in a game like this is huge. the coaching at the end of the game was atrocious. No offense was run w/30 secs and the transition defense was laughable. Can't believe we beat a top 10 team. Don't get me started on the lack of effort rebounding. Ka. Boone 3 Reb/18 mins, Cottrell 7 Reb/34 mins, Ke. Boone 6 Reb./35 mins, L Rod 7 Reb/44 mins. Meanwhile Karl only gets 5 mins but gets 2 boards. Play Karl more if we need a big, which we obviously needed tonight.

What does his recruiting have to do with his play? Those things are separate.

Yes, Cottrell is personable and a great ambassador for the program. But where would Jalen Hill go if he didnt come here?
This is not on the players, Lobby. We all know exactly what we getting with Ike Cottrell.

We won't have problems against Hofbrauhaus. And the second game doesn't count, they're one of those crappy throw in games, sure wins that aren't reflected in the record (our nuthuggers will use it though to strengthen their silly case, they did that with MM as well, counting St Benedictines Strip Mall and fake 24 hour fitness teams as Ws). Oh, and UNLV will officially count it as a win, even though the NCAA doesn't recognize it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT