• FSU by less than 4

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • FSU by 5-15

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • FSU by 15+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Florida State was just awful last year, but you have to think they will be better this year. They beat down lesser opponents, but just got smoked by Florida over the weekend.

Florida State was just awful last year, but you have to think they will be better this year. They beat down lesser opponents, but just got smoked by Florida over the weekend.
They looked completely inept in that game. Every player playing for themselves. Launched from everywhere, tons of turnovers; didn’t hit the boards. They looked like a bad 24 hour fitness team. If I were the coach, I’d have played the walk ons. I think Pepperdine was better (that day) than FSU. I just don’t know if what I saw was a scary anomaly or what they are. But we had the same thing in our game one.

If they played like they did last time and we played like we did first game, it’ll be a UNLV/Air Force (football) final score.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Boone needs to start today instead of Webster. The Seminoles' starting lineup is 6'5, 6'7, 6'7, 6'10, and 6'11.
I'm cool with Boone starting, but we had the size advantage of Southern and they stomped us. That's certainly not always a big issue. If we shoot the ball like Southern did, we should be good ;)

They looked completely inept in that game. Every player playing for themselves. Launched from everywhere, tons of turnovers; didn’t hit the boards. They looked like a bad 24 hour fitness team. If I were the coach, I’d have played the walk ons. I think Pepperdine was better (that day) than FSU. I just don’t know if what I saw was a scary anomaly or what they are. But we had the same thing in our game one.

If they played like they did last time and we played like we did first game, it’ll be a UNLV/Air Force (football) final score.
They looked like that the other day against the Gators. Good News- The Seminoles Still Suck - So At least there is a chance for a W

Boone needs to start today instead of Webster. The Seminoles' starting lineup is 6'5, 6'7, 6'7, 6'10, and 6'11.
Just purely guessing here, but Bringing Boone off the bench kinda feels like it has been an extension of the punishment for his DUI.

I expect him to be starting sooner than later.

Stetson had a lot of size and length, considering how FSU have played, there is a good chance that they are a bunch of lumbering stiffs.

Going for speed may help us.

Either way I think Boone should start

Last edited:
Just purely guessing here, but Bringing Boone off the bench kinda feels like it has been an extension of the punishment for his DUI.

I expect him to be starting sooner than later.
I agree with this. My belief is/was that regardless of how tall FSU's starters were, Boone would start this game and every game moving forward.

DJ Thomas is the guy we have been missing! Without him no way UNLV would have been close today. Most of our players are role players with nothing special to their games but DJ and Boone are much better players. We need Keylan asap if there is any hope for this season, those 3 would be our “go to“ guys!

DJ Thomas is the guy we have been missing! Without him no way UNLV would have been close today. Most of our players are role players with nothing special to their games but DJ and Boone are much better players. We need Keylan asap if there is any hope for this season, those 3 would be our “go to“ guys!
HILL is a great 3-4 option on a good team

Jackie can help he just needs more minute he scored in double figures the last 2 games while only playing 13-14 minutes a game

I really struggle to nail down what this team does well or what sort of identity they are working towards and I can't figure it out. They've looked different in every game, which does show some sort of shift in strategy but it's just not clicking for them. The one constant is the defensive scheme, switch every dang screen even if it means our 17 year old 6'0" PG guarding a 6'11" post player...it worked for a few games last season and has been abused ever since. It needs to change....it needed to change last year but it's still plaguing us. Make it make sense...I really don't get it.

Reactions: rebel5280
I really struggle to nail down what this team does well or what sort of identity they are working towards and I can't figure it out. They've looked different in every game, which does show some sort of shift in strategy but it's just not clicking for them. The one constant is the defensive scheme, switch every dang screen even if it means our 17 year old 6'0" PG guarding a 6'11" post player...it worked for a few games last season and has been abused ever since. It needs to change....it needed to change last year but it's still plaguing us. Make it make sense...I really don't get it.
I agree!

What is the identity of Kevin Kruger’s teams?
Why is it so hard to see what his team’s are on the court?

If we who watch the games can’t figure his team out and he has been here for 3 years, what is he saying and doing in practice?

Because we still don’t know in year 3, this should be his last year here regardless of recruiting commitments, we are on the verge of something good and Odom and the football team are the catalyst and hoops needs to get corrected quickly because Kevin ain’t the guy, it’s so painfully obvious!

Reactions: CEERebel
I agree!

What is the identity of Kevin Kruger’s teams?
Why is it so hard to see what his team’s are on the court?

If we who watch the games can’t figure his team out and he has been here for 3 years, what is he saying and doing in practice?

Because we still don’t know in year 3, this should be his last year here regardless of recruiting commitments, we are on the verge of something good and Odom and the football team are the catalyst and hoops needs to get corrected quickly because Kevin ain’t the guy, it’s so painfully obvious!
You can’t identify a consistent strength … like what type of team are we trying to be? It’s just all glommed together, aimless hope and a prayer.

Kinda.

But when there’s certain writings on the wall, consistent ones, ones that can’t be ignored … don’t know how people do it.

Well, we’ve got great football to distract us from this early season. Who would have ever thought that?
i have not been truly excited about UNLV basketball since RICE era. Optimistic ? yes excited NO!

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Kinda.

But when there’s certain writings on the wall, consistent ones, ones that can’t be ignored … don’t know how people do it.

Well, we’ve got great football to distract us from this early season. Who would have ever thought that?
You really can’t put your head in the sand on this. Well I guess you could but our opponents won’t!

i have not been truly excited about UNLV basketball since RICE era. Optimistic ? yes excited NO!
I get this, but it’s not okay to have to accept the mediocrity of this staff and the underachieving teams they keep putting on the floor? It’s time to restart the cycle you mentioned but Odom is the proof that the slow build to success isn’t the only way!

Get a proven HC like Barry but in hoops!

You really can’t put your head in the sand on this. Well I guess you could but our opponents won’t!
Oh, we have plenty of blind fans that see it, but wont admit it. The blinders are strong. Sometimes you get it wrong, your stance is 100 percent wrong. It’s ok to be wrong, everyone gets stuff wrong. But to some, admitting wrong is more painful than finishing 13-17. If things are undeniably wrong and the actual proof is impossible to ignore, it’s fingers in the ears, la la la la, I can’t hear you … silence, only to return later and say, well that’s over, let’s not look backwards. Such a weakness. This site has been in existence since 98, it happens every year with a chunk of people.

KK will never ever be a head coach again if he cannot improve this team by season's end.
His tenure is like done at UNLV. But man, his demeanour and passion is nothing to brag about. He acts like a coach who did not earn his position but a guy who was given this position. No fire, no fight....

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
KK will never ever be a head coach again if he cannot improve this team by season's end.
His tenure is like done at UNLV. But man, his demeanour and passion is nothing to brag about. He acts like a coach who did not earn his position but a guy who was given this position. No fire, no fight....
He is said to be ultra competitive. So I do not think that no fire and no fight us fair. Stubbornness with things that are not working is my beef. How he kept using that trapping defense last year that produced easy 3's for the other team was beyond a head scratcher.

Everytime JJ3 gets in he gives em great minutes then Kruger pulls him out before he gets a rhythm that crazy 🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT