ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread THE RIVALRY: Utah State vs UNLV (Thomas & Mack 2024)

Who wins

• Faggies

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • UNLV

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Who’s gonna win at high noon?

I’m fairly young but I think Utah State are our Rivals in basketball.

Whether you like it or not, these guys have gone toe to toe with us going back to the Big West days.

They had some incredible teams that gave us problems.

fast forward to 2024 and none of us back then foresaw how far we have fallen.

I think they stick it to us.

I’m going with 55-51. The evil Mormons. I have never been to Logan, I don’t know what the demographics are these days.

What say you?

Who’s gonna win at high noon?

I’m fairly young but I think Utah State are our Rivals in basketball.

Whether you like it or not, these guys have gone toe to toe with us going back to the Big West days.

They had some incredible teams that gave us problems.

fast forward to 2024 and none of us back then foresaw how far we have fallen.

I think they stick it to us.

I’m going with 55-51. The evil Mormons. I have never been to Logan, I don’t know what the demographics are these days.

What say you?
It’s not a rivalry any more than San Jose is. There’s a ton of familiarity but that alone doesn’t make it a rivalry. There’s less familiarity with BYU and they’re more of a rivalry than Utah State. We have more of a rivalry with UNM than Utah State. They’re a rivalry like Wyoming, Boise, Colorado State and Air Force.

Rebels will win this one by double digits. They’ll treat them similarly to UNM.

It’s not a rivalry any more than San Jose is. There’s a ton of familiarity but that alone doesn’t make it a rivalry. There’s less familiarity with BYU and they’re more of a rivalry than Utah State. We have more of a rivalry with UNM than Utah State. They’re a rivalry like Wyoming, Boise, Colorado State and Air Force.

They're a big and athletic team. Plus everybody can shoot. I think it will be a tough game.

At one time it was a rivalry, but that has passed them by, but would still love to see UNLV win a game that they are actually favored to win against a top 25 team.

I do still look back to the mid 80's when UNLV won 142-140 at Logan as a great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT