ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford

Stanford scratches out a HR to make it 2-1 in the bottom half.

Appel answers striking out the side in the top of the 3rd. Now with 7k's

Headed to the Bottom of the 3rd.

UNLV 2-1

UNLV goes down in order in the 4th.

Stanford threatens with back to back singles to lead off the inning. But a K followed by a double play end the inning for Fedde.

UNLV 2-1 going to the 5th.

2 out double scores a run for the Rebels!

3-1 UNLV going to the bottom half of the 5th.

Stanford answers with a run of it's own in the bottom of the 5th off back to back leadoff doubles.

3-2 UNLV headed to the top of the 6th.

Leadoff walk in bottom of 5th, long RBI double that Shannon almost caught at the CF wall, Fly to center, Fly to right (runner to 3rd on tag up), Grounder to short (bobbled by White but recovered and got the Stanford batter for the 3rd out).

3-2 UNLV, top 6, let me know if you want the video link.

Strikeout, strikeout, walk, strikeout. Appel has 12 K's in the game.
UNLV 3-2, bottom 6.

Single to left, Fly to left, Line drive in left center field gap that Shannon ran down, and a popup to 3rd base for the third out.

UNLV 3-2, top 7.

Weird half-inning here..
Single to 3rd base (Stanford thought ball went off player's foot, ump ruled it did not), Strikeout swinging - ball gets away from catcher, batter is ruled out as a runner was at first, when ball got to the backstop, runner went all the way to 3rd base.....Strikeout, and strikeout.

Appel struck out the side, but we should have scored. 3-2 UNLV Bot 7th.

Fedde walked the leadoff guy.
Coach Chambers brought in Zuniga.
Leadoff guy stole 2nd easily.
Zuniga walks next guy.
Then a bunt gets the runners to 2nd and 3rd, 1 out.

Big K from Zuniga gets the 2nd out.

Gets the strikeout on two big sliders after falling down 3-1 in the count. UNLV 3-2 top 8, Appel likely done for the game unless they really extend him pitch-count wise.

Groundout to 2nd,
Hit batter, runner on 1st, 1 out.
Pop fly single to center, runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out.
Strikeout, 2 outs.
Grounder up the middle, backhanded by the 2B, forced at 2nd by the SS for out number 3.

UNLV 3-2 bottom 8.

Groundout to SS, 1 out.
Hard single to left, runner on 1st, 1 out.
Strikeout swinging, 2 outs.
Grounder to 2nd, throws to 2nd for the force, 3 outs.

UNLV 3-2, top 9.

Groundout to 3B, slow grounder that I thought might get beat out for a hit, but Stanford 3B made a quick and nice play, 1 out.
Groundout to 2B, routine, 2 outs.
Walk, runner on 1st, 2 outs.
Grounder to short, hit well but SS fields and takes to 2nd for the force.

UNLV 3-2, bottom 9th, 3 outs without a run gets us the win.

Flyout to left, nice play by the LF coming over and in to make the play as the CF did not get a good jump, 1 out.
Grounder to short, routine for the 2nd out.
And a big swinging strikeout on a slider for the 3rd out.

REBELS WIN, 3-2! Win goes to Fedde, save goes to Zuniga.

As of March 4, they were 9th. Wonder if we'll start to get any votes for top 25 if we take 1 more of this series?

We won't face a better pitcher all year!, Appel had 15 K's and the Rebels still pulled it out!

9th ranked Stanford came into tonights game undefeated at home (8-0). Great win for the Rebels!

Congrats to the hustlin' Rebs!!, another great win! When the not so runnin' rebels lose in the 1st round again!, we'll have a real team to root for ! Go Rebels!

No primadonnas, just team players!

With yesturday's win not only did UNLV clinch a road series against the number 9 team in the country, but it is the 1st time Stanford has lost a road series since 2009 according to baseballamerica.com. We are up 1 nothing in the 4th inning in game 3. Huge chance to make an impression early in the season.

This post was edited on 3/10 2:39 PM by Double Shovel

I know I am probably one of the only ones but this makes me miss the MTN. When we had that channel at least I was able to see a couple 3 or 4 baseball games a year now all I can do is check the scores every now and then. I am stoked at where this UNLV team is headed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT