ADVERTISEMENT

ACC

TimothyC3

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Done? What happens to Cal and Stanford? Apparently Florida State and others were not too happy with their admission into the ACC.

Done? What happens to Cal and Stanford? Apparently Florida State and others were not too happy with their admission into the ACC.

I think it may go the way of the Pac, unfortunately. If the top market teams leave, then the media deal will get changed (for the worse) to the point it probably doesn't make sense for the West coast teams to stay. Some ACC teams join Big10, some Big12. Not sure about SEC. The remaining teams either try to rebuild by stealing other MWC, AAC, or similar types of teams

FSU is contending the "Grant of Rights was no longer legitimate". Beyond them wanting more money, what is their reasoning? Did the ACC arbitrarily impose exit fees or did FSU accept them? The ESPN contract was extended from an expected 2027 renegotiation to 2036. The contracted payout was kept at current levels of $ 33 mil per program. ( Some believe this was a win for the ACC because their viewership has been declining and ESPN originally wanted a reduction) Did the ACC have the authority to negotiate this and did FSU approve giving the ACC that authority? If not why? The articles about this are all very confusing and lack specific details on what documents were signed and what the wording is on those same documents. It seems to me wording will be important here.

Reactions: dcut03
FSU is contending the "Grant of Rights was no longer legitimate". Beyond them wanting more money, what is their reasoning? Did the ACC arbitrarily impose exit fees or did FSU accept them? The ESPN contract was extended from an expected 2027 renegotiation to 2036. The contracted payout was kept at current levels of $ 33 mil per program. ( Some believe this was a win for the ACC because their viewership has been declining and ESPN originally wanted a reduction) Did the ACC have the authority to negotiate this and did FSU approve giving the ACC that authority? If not why? The articles about this are all very confusing and lack specific details on what documents were signed and what the wording is on those same documents. It seems to me wording will be important here.
This is just getting out of control bizarre. And who wants all of these schools? At what point does your league get so diluted that the TV viewers just say meh? And are they all really that broke? Well I guess you could say the same about the Pac-12 traitors. USC, Stanford the Phil Knights - oops I mean Ducks - and the mutts over at uw. They really needed more money? Even Utah - every scholarship player got a new truck from NIL money?

This is just getting out of control bizarre. And who wants all of these schools? At what point does your league get so diluted that the TV viewers just say meh? And are they all really that broke? Well I guess you could say the same about the Pac-12 traitors. USC, Stanford the Phil Knights - oops I mean Ducks - and the mutts over at uw. They really needed more money? Even Utah - every scholarship player got a new truck from NIL money?
Not NIL money. Leases as part of NIL deals but not money directly...
As for TV, the fans don't care. If your team theoretically has a shot at winning a championship despite odds, you could care less about when or who they play. The destruction of natural rivalries is a big issue, like when Mizzou went to SEC and refused to schedule KU... Oregon/OSU and UW/WSU will suffer similar fates..

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Not NIL money. Leases as part of NIL deals but not money directly...
As for TV, the fans don't care. If your team theoretically has a shot at winning a championship despite odds, you could care less about when or who they play. The destruction of natural rivalries is a big issue, like when Mizzou went to SEC and refused to schedule KU... Oregon/OSU and UW/WSU will suffer similar fates..
Well the Cougs have a 5 year agreement to continue playing the mutts, I think Whoregon and OSU have a 2 year deal. I would have said F you and the horse you rode in on.

Speaking of mutts. Did you hear about the skinny guy who moved to Alaska? He came back a Husky f-er.

Or that the Seahawks traded a tight end to San Francisco? He got traded back the next year and had become a wide reciever. No offense to any gay people out there.

Well the Cougs have a 5 year agreement to continue playing the mutts, I think Whoregon and OSU have a 2 year deal. I would have said F you and the horse you rode in on.

Speaking of mutts. Did you hear about the skinny guy who moved to Alaska? He came back a Husky f-er.

Or that the Seahawks traded a tight end to San Francisco? He got traded back the next year and had become a wide reciever. No offense to any gay people out there.

Good one.

Good one.
You want more?

What time is it in Montana when you see a sheep caught in the barbed wire? Mounting time. Get it, Montana is on Mountain time?

What does an Idaho girl say to her boyfriend after sex?

Hey Dad get off of me you are crushing my smokes.

Hope I'm not offending all you Gawd fearing folk down their in Sin City. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1Tripoda
You want more?

What time is it in Montana when you see a sheep caught in the barbed wire? Mounting time. Get it, Montana is on Mountain time?

What does an Idaho girl say to her boyfriend after sex?

Hey Dad get off of me you are crushing my smokes.

Hope I'm not offending all you Gawd fearing folk down their in Sin City. :)
You didn't give me a chance to say I didn't want more.

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
You didn't give me a chance to say I didn't want more.
We had a meeting this morning (yes, this was more important than spending time with our families) and have voted to change the name of the board to “Loyal Coug1 Board.” Any post not made about his life experiences will be instantly deleted and that poster will be banned from the entirety of the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT