ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit visit!!

He looks like he is a little heavy, but it also looks like the weight doesn't hurt his game. Funny that he list UNLV in his final four, but they don't even show him having recruiting interest with UNLV with 247/Rivals/

This kid reminds me of that guy LMU has had the last few years… he was 6’7 and about 220lb I think and he handled the ball well. I look at this guy as a point forward type.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
There’s a ton of eateries around UNLV if he wants to get bigger.

I am impressed that there’s a Steak N shake on campus inside the Moyer Student Union.

There’s a ton of eateries around UNLV if he wants to get bigger.

I am impressed that there’s a Steak N shake on campus inside the Moyer Student Union.
They should take him to Island Style on Sahara for the kaluha pig or Peru Chicken also on Sahara. Their chicken and rice with the green and yellow sauce is so simple but soooo good.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
He looks like he is a little heavy, but it also looks like the weight doesn't hurt his game. Funny that he list UNLV in his final four, but they don't even show him having recruiting interest with UNLV with 247/Rivals/
He doesn't look heavy to me. He just isn't thin and wiry like most bball players. There is a guy named Kenny Lofton Jr that is fat AF and just tore it up last year in d1. The quotes of him being "so close to the staff"?? what does he mean by "staff" lol??? I like his game. WE'll see ?

He doesn't look heavy to me. He just isn't thin and wiry like most bball players. There is a guy named Kenny Lofton Jr that is fat AF and just tore it up last year in d1. The quotes of him being "so close to the staff"?? what does he mean by "staff" lol??? I like his game. WE'll see ?

So he's got some boobs? Whatever, he can ball. That's what matters.

Let's call him "The Ball Rack" and call it a day.

Heavy doesn’t bother me unless they don’t use it to their advantage. Soft and heavy isn’t a good combo to me, but if you’ve got some beef and can move a little bit and you can use that bulk to your advantage, I don’t have a problem with it at all.

We’ve had both in the past. The soft and heavy usually had little value.

To his credit, FatBody Roddy does use it to his advantage. I still don’t like his game myself … and that he’s considered a top guy in the league, blah.

Reactions: Trax0r
Heavy doesn’t bother me unless they don’t use it to their advantage. Soft and heavy isn’t a good combo to me, but if you’ve got some beef and can move a little bit and you can use that bulk to your advantage, I don’t have a problem with it at all.

We’ve had both in the past. The soft and heavy usually had little value.

To his credit, FatBody Roddy does use it to his advantage. I still don’t like his game myself … and that he’s considered a top guy in the league, blah.
"To his credit, FatBody Roddy does use it to his advantage. I still don’t like his game myself … and that he’s considered a top guy in the league, blah."

I don't like his game much either. But if he played for us I'd like it a lot better.

• Haha
Reactions: bcvegaspt
I would take David Roddy here in a heartbeat! Roddy is going pro, we can’t say that too much around here with our guys. I hope Kevin changes this soon.

They should take him to Island Style on Sahara for the kaluha pig or Peru Chicken also on Sahara. Their chicken and rice with the green and yellow sauce is so simple but soooo good.
i
I’ve actually had Island Style when it was located on East Charleston before they moved. It’s really good.

Haven’t had Peru Chicken but There’s a really good Peruvian Restaurant on West Decatur where the Red Lobster is located. (Old Target Center) A girl took me out and of course, I didn’t seal the deal. Best South American food I’ve ever eaten that doesn’t include beef from Chile and Argentina.

Is Coach doing anything different to get these kind of players compared to the past?

I’d at least let them eat at Caesar’s Palace buffet. Heck that should be mandatory for all overweight recruits in football or basketball.

Best South American food I’ve ever eaten that doesn’t include beef from Chile and Argentina.
As someone who lived in Chile....their beef is trash. It's all about Argentine beef which is the best I've ever had. There used to be an Argentine butcher on Spring Mountain. I think it was called Rincon de Buenos Aires. I believe the owner has changed and no longer imports Argentine beef. At least that's what I understand.

Chile is known for it's delicious empenadas de horno and fried cheese empenadas. On their September 18th celebrations I'd eat like 15 of each. Soooooo good. Amazing bread and avacados too. Cheap ass fruit and vegies. Fresh fish and mussles from the ocean every day. If anyone has the cash, Chile is one of greatest countries on planet Earth to visit.

Last edited:
Still no commit or plans for a visit to another school? This tells me that he is looking to see if he can pick up an offer from additional schools before he commits!

Mizzou and Ariz st are in his final four yet I went out to their fan sites and found nothing on this guy. He either is waiting for better offer or waiting until williams decides as he might think he could be unlv go to scorer if williams stays with nba. If he is not committed to us this next week I would think forget him.

Battered child syndrome. The recent and further than recent history … he expects the future to repeat it.

Hell, I’m clueless with how they’ll be, especially without a final roster. Even with a final roster, any certainties are murky. It used to be easy to have a good idea preseason and they either surpass, meet or fail …

Confidence in projections, which was far from perfect anyway … man, you gotta take things with the biggest grain of salt ever now.

I “think” they’ll be ok, better than last season, especially defensively, probably worse offensively but better overall, more competitive (defense keeps games tight) … but it might still only be good for 4-6 in conference …

Can we talk about how badly we will suck next year?
I don't think we'll suck but we will have a lot of ugly low scoring games. I'm confident we'll end up in the upper half of the conference but not confident beyond anything else.

Battered child syndrome. The recent and further than recent history … he expects the future to repeat it.

Hell, I’m clueless with how they’ll be, especially without a final roster. Even with a final roster, any certainties are murky. It used to be easy to have a good idea preseason and they either surpass, meet or fail …

Confidence in projections, which was far from perfect anyway … man, you gotta take things with the biggest grain of salt ever now.

I “think” they’ll be ok, better than last season, especially defensively, probably worse offensively but better overall, more competitive (defense keeps games tight) … but it might still only be good for 4-6 in conference …
but it might still only be good for 4-6 in conference …

It's crazy when you think about the fact that it has been 22 years since we won our own league.

Reactions: reagan21
but it might still only be good for 4-6 in conference …

It's crazy when you think about the fact that it has been 22 years since we won our own league.
Yeah, when it’s been strong, when it’s been weak, outside the first year of the MWC, UNLV has never been in the hunt. We did finish second but it wasn’t like the last game or two of the season, neck to neck with a chance to win it.

It’s hard to believe we are essentially in SJSU/AFA territory with that.

• Sad
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Cottrell, Ike, Muoka, MS Rodriquez transfer, Oklahoma transfer at SF we are loaded compared to last year in the front court. The back court will be the envy of the MW and many Pac 12 schools. These guys can play. First time since Rice we have had all high D1 players at every position with similar backups. Injury to Muoka would hurt as SDSU, Wyoming, and Boise are strong inside. Our backcourt is the best in the league defensively. If they run, play D and develop a transition game over the summer, we will be lights out.

Reactions: khokhol8
I think Kevin and Co. should bring in another wing and a big man/C. Like you I like the pieces so far but there was a reason many of us were sitting on the edge of seats for June 1st. We all know DW would help put this team into the top of the conference next year and possibly beyond. I don’t think the staff should stand “pat” with what we have, get another wing scorer and someone behind Muoka, then I think we could begin to say we are set for next year. Add some scoring and when I say scoring, someone who can play next year not a project from high school. Add another ready made scorer and a backup center, then we are good.

Last edited:
I hope Keyshawn Hall signs with us. He's versatile enough to fill any of the frontcourt positions including center. At 245lbs he isn't getting pushed out of position. We get him and we don't have to worry as much if we don't get another big man and another wing player because he's both.

Hall is 6’7 and 255 but he would be undersized for the backup C spot. If he is as good as you say on the edges then he should be on the wing where he can do the most damage. A backup big with length, shot blocking and rebounding ability is still very much needed here.

Hall is 6’7 and 255 but he would be undersized for the backup C spot. If he is as good as you say on the edges then he should be on the wing where he can do the most damage. A backup big with length, shot blocking and rebounding ability is still very much needed here.
I have no real idea how good he is, just from what I've seen from highlight videos. He isn't getting a whole lot of looks from the bigger schools but maybe they're scared of his weight. He looks like a high IQ, talented, facilitator-type of player. I think Cottrell and Muoka give us decent size and depth. I'd rather get a skilled 6'7" bull than an athletic but unskilled and raw big guy(i.e. Diong), but that's just me.

We agree… The unskilled big days are over for me too! I thought I read somewhere that Cottrell sees himself as more of a 4 and didn’t like playing exclusively at the 5 like when he was at WVU?

This video shows him basically running the team as a point guard. Point forward?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT