ADVERTISEMENT

Please e-mail TKM about George Karl

RebelSoldat

Retired Number
Nov 17, 2012
Virginia
We need to rally behind him ASAP and let her know the fans would be open to him!

tina.kunzer-murphy@unlv.edu

Here is an e-mail I sent

"
Dear ma'am,

I wanted to offer my brief thoughts on the recent UNLV coaching search in light of Coach Beard's sudden departure today. I know you are getting a lot of feedback from fans, some angry, and the athletic department is going through extraordinary times. I understand and will refrain from offering too much criticism here, but I strongly feel that UNLV needs to make an extraordinary hire if the resources are there. USATODAY reported recently that George Karl is interested in the UNLV coaching position. If you remember, George Karl was a fan favorite before Lon Kruger was hired and a lot of fans felt Karl was a missed opportunity. Kruger ultimately did well here, but many felt Karl could have done better. I strongly urge you to give Karl serious consideration for the job. He has an impeccable resume and appears to really want this job unlike Beard. If Karl is not a realistic option, please consider Ryan Miller. The fans want him, and he can change the culture of UNLV basketball, which from my fan perspective, is very relaxed right now to the point of being an obstacle. I wish you luck in the coming days. I know this is a very stressful job and I appreciate your dedication to UNLV. If George Karl is our coach, I am confident things will get better very quickly."

Last edited:
Sounds like she already called him last night. Hopefully this happens soon and we can watch the BOR question George Karl on YouTube about whether he believes he is worth a million a year.

Reactions: manic water
F-that, get Karl on a plane...NOW. Get it signed...today. BOR, Admin, TKM... if you screw this up...

60811459.jpg

Reactions: rebel lover
I like your message, for the most part, and I intend to send my own shortly. I too will feel like we may have landed on our feet, if George Karl becomes our coach.

But I'm truly baffled by the Ryan Miller support. Don't misunderstand, I like Miller and would hope that he might change his mind and remain a Rebel. But his talents appear to lie in recruiting. When Dave Rice was fired there were three assistants to choose from as his interim replacement. For reasons that baffle me, they chose to go with Todd Simon. And now you want to pass over Stacey Augmon for a second time?

In my opinion he deserves a chance. He’s earned it and he’s proven throughout his life, that he understands how to play winning basketball. He relates to the young men, who obviously have tremendous respect for him. And equally important, by obviously distaining this greatest of all Rebels, the ties to our glorious history get severed again. Others may see that as un-important. I don't...

My email will echo yours with that exception.

Reactions: manic water
Karl is a brilliant coach, we'd be nuts not to grab him. Hire young assistants to recruit and we're set.

Karl is a brilliant coach, we'd be nuts not to grab him. Hire young assistants to recruit and we're set.

Well, of course that means TKM won't consider him. In fact, the RJ is reporting that she isn't considering him...

"USA Today reported UNLV reached out to former NBA coach George Karl on Thursday night to express his interest, but a source close to athletic department said Friday that Karl is not part of the plan moving forward. "

Well, of course that means TKM won't consider him. In fact, the RJ is reporting that she isn't considering him...

"USA Today reported UNLV reached out to former NBA coach George Karl on Thursday night to express his interest, but a source close to athletic department said Friday that Karl is not part of the plan moving forward. "

In fairness, you don't know what discussion took place. He could have wanted too much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT