ADVERTISEMENT

PERFECT TIMING?

This could be the one. We haven't had a bald headed coach since the great Tark. I can see him right now standing next to Tark's statue with his hand on Tark's head.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
This could be the one. We haven't had a ball headed coach since the great Tark. I can see him right now standing next to Tark's statue with his hand on Tark's head.

What is Timming? -is it like when you trim the tree, except your are trimming the timming down to one m?
Lol. I don't proof read. Should of paid attention to the word correction.

It does fit. NCAA issues, probably can get a cut rate. Can coach. Was on our very long radar (long shot, wouldn’t have had cash anyway, but was ID’d).
a little off topic, but I read online that White received a $60K NIL deal, and that may be raised for UNLV for next season. Not sure where I read this, but if true, it may show UNLV donors have more money then most thought.

UNLV football boosters are rallying in an attempt to keep Ricky White after the star receiver was offered a $250,000 NIL package to transfer to Notre Dame, according to sources. White is currently set to make $60,000 at UNLV in 2024, but efforts are underway to raise his salary.

Reactions: jmcnamaraiii
The writing might be on the wall already, but If We win tonight. It could get real Interesting going forward.

The writing might be on the wall already, but If We win tonight. It could get real Interesting going forward.
A win tonight puts the MWC in that weird limbo between 5-7 teams getting invites... it either comes off as vastly overrated as a conference or you start talking legitimate 6 or 7 teams if things keep getting jumbled... beating over ranked teams still count... not saying UNLV has an "at large" chance, but saying that conversation starts getting stretched if we keep beating fringe top 25 teams in conference and finish in that top grouping...

A win tonight puts the MWC in that weird limbo between 5-7 teams getting invites... it either comes off as vastly overrated as a conference or you start talking legitimate 6 or 7 teams if things keep getting jumbled... beating over ranked teams still count... not saying UNLV has an "at large" chance, but saying that conversation starts getting stretched if we keep beating fringe top 25 teams in conference and finish in that top grouping...
We are not getting an at Large bid. We have 3 Quad 4 losses. I can't find any team with an at large bid to have three quad 4 losses. So our chance at the NCAA's are strictly dependent on winning the MWC tourney. Our initial chance to win is almost totally dependent on getting at 5th place in the standings. The number to look for is 7 losses. 7 losses usually puts that team at 5th place. Nothing is impossible in sports. But it's nearly impossible to win the MWC tourney if you are 6th place or lower.

We are not getting an at Large bid. We have 3 Quad 4 losses. I can't find any team with an at large bid to have three quad 4 losses. So our chance at the NCAA's are strictly dependent on winning the MWC tourney. Our initial chance to win is almost totally dependent on getting at 5th place in the standings. The number to look for is 7 losses. 7 losses usually puts that team at 5th place. Nothing is impossible in sports. But it's nearly impossible to win the MWC tourney if you are 6th place or lower.
It’s been that way for almost two months. But people keep hanging onto a 500 team as getting an at large bid and winning the conference.

The key after the early season disaster was to work their way into the top 5 of conference play to better their chances for the tournament. I stated that ad nauseam at that point and time. It was clear.

I thought it was crystal clear even after we beat Creighton … so there’s been a dozen or so games since it was pretty much etched in stone, but the goal has remained the same.

And asking for that was absolutely not unrealistic, Jesus, hoping for a top 5 conference finish should be realistic, not finger crossing. And we do have a shot at doing that, in part because 1-6 are chewing each other apart like a cockfight battle royale.

But UNLV doesn’t need to look at any of that. They just have to win more than they lose down the stretch. Focus on game by game. The top is the top, ain’t going to catch them without a whole lot of insanely unlikely luck.

But we rattle off three against the bottom dwellers and some people think things have changed. Nope. Been the same. For awhile. They shit the bed two hours after falling asleep. But they have a chance to clean it up and do something with it.

Don’t know about you, but the potential excitement of this years MWCT can be the best ever. Maybe not the highest quality but in terms of tight games and intensity … that second night, third night …. Can be insanely entertaining. Not the first night bore fests. I want the Rebels to avoid that and they can.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
It’s been that way for almost two months. But people keep hanging onto a 500 team as getting an at large bid and winning the conference.

The key after the early season disaster was to work their way into the top 5 of conference play to better their chances for the tournament. I stated that ad nauseam at that point and time. It was clear.

I thought it was crystal clear even after we beat Creighton … so there’s been a dozen or so games since it was pretty much etched in stone, but the goal has remained the same.

And asking for that was absolutely not unrealistic, Jesus, hoping for a top 5 conference finish should be realistic, not finger crossing. And we do have a shot at doing that, in part because 1-6 are chewing each other apart like a cockfight battle royale.

But UNLV doesn’t need to look at any of that. They just have to win more than they lose down the stretch. Focus on game by game. The top is the top, ain’t going to catch them without a whole lot of insanely unlikely luck.

But we rattle off three against the bottom dwellers and some people think things have changed. Nope. Been the same. For awhile. They shit the bed two hours after falling asleep. But they have a chance to clean it up and do something with it.

Don’t know about you, but the potential excitement of this years MWCT can be the best ever. Maybe not the highest quality but in terms of tight games and intensity … that second night, third night …. Can be insanely entertaining. Not the first night bore fests. I want the Rebels to avoid that and they can.

I think here is wear you can separate to of the camps...

The

WE SHOULD BE WINNING THE CONFERENCE!

AND

KEVIN NEEDS MORE TIME!

No and no...

But asking for a top 5 finish, is realistic and should be achievable.

I never said we had a chance, only that there will start to be conversations amongst the talking heads about how many teams the MWC deserves to get... they did the same thing last night because UNR beats an over rated SDSU and is over rated themselves...

I never said we had a chance, only that there will start to be conversations amongst the talking heads about how many teams the MWC deserves to get... they did the same thing last night because UNR beats an over rated SDSU and is over rated themselves...
Above # 50 Ken Pom normally can get in. Right now, that would be NM, SDSU, USU, RENO, CSU. ( BTW, we are # 99 KenPom.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT