ADVERTISEMENT

The reclassification is official

The PG this program has needed for over a decade. Now the rest of the dominoes can start to fall....
Looking back at our past 10 recruiting classes and it's mindblowing that we never got a really highly rated point guard out of high school till now. Such an important piece to be overlooked but some of it was just bad luck and bad timing with Jaylen Fisher and Zoan Collins. Hope nothing weird happens between now and the start of next season!

Last edited:
Looking back at our past 10 recruiting classes and it's mindblowing that we never got a really highly rated point guard out of high school till now. Such an important piece to be overlooked but some of it was just bad luck and bad timing with Jaylen Fisher and Zoan Collins. Hope nothing wierd happens between now and the start of next season!
I forgot about Fisher... would've also fixed one of the biggest CDR errors of roster construction...

There is a game on YouTube from that year and they are great.

Dedan and H Waldman
JR Rider and Reggie Manual
Dexter Boney
Evric Gray
Elmore Spencer/Melvin Love

Dedan and H Waldman
Dexter Boney
Evric Gray

Dedan and H Waldman
Dexter Boney
Evric Gray
we talking 1991-92 or 92-93. I’m watching a Rebs v SJSU game from Jan 1992 on you tube channel named Vic

Reactions: bcvegaspt

we talking 1991-92 or 92-93. I’m watching a Rebs v SJSU game from Jan 1992 on you tube channel named Vic
Yes that’s the one, thanks. That was a nice lineup! No surprise they finished #6 in the rankings that year. Imagine if they had Hunt back.

Very unfortunate that group didn’t get to play in the Dance.

Everyone will ear their minutes. I’ve been excited about Hicks from the time he was signed but this is still a step up in competition and style of play. Still, I think his shooting will open eyes and hell get some minutes. Defense will still determine everything.

I just hope that KK doesn't keep him on the bench because he is a freshman. I really like the sound of what Hicks has done and the potential he can bring. Don't keep a scorer on the bench....please.
This team looks like a deep team from small forward to point guard.

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
Everyone will ear their minutes. I’ve been excited about Hicks from the time he was signed but this is still a step up in competition and style of play. Still, I think his shooting will open eyes and hell get some minutes. Defense will still determine everything.
He seems to be all over the court from his stats. 8.4 rebounds a game is great from a combo guard even if it is high school. Also almost 3 steals a game.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I like Hicks but his competition was very bad. It was like he was playing kids from the YMCA every game.

With that being said, averaging 30 points a game is very good no matter the comp. I think he will start off seeing no minutes and by the end of the year will see up to 8-11 minutes. Sort of how Nowell's year went last year.

I do think he will have to do a lot though to play over LuRod, Nowell, and Webster and I can see him not playing at all tbh.

I like Hicks but his competition was very bad. It was like he was playing kids from the YMCA every game.

With that being said, averaging 30 points a game is very good no matter the comp. I think he will start off seeing no minutes and by the end of the year will see up to 8-11 minutes. Sort of how Nowell's year went last year.

I do think he will have to do a lot though to play over LuRod, Nowell, and Webster and I can see him not playing at all tbh.
You may be right. When I saw that the Aztics offered him I figure he must have some offense and defense game.

If I may, stick to reporting news and stay out of evaluation. Just an suggestion...

• Angry
Reactions: OleRebel03
If I may, stick to reporting news and stay out of evaluation. Just an suggestion...
What part of my "evaluation" was off?

But of course, youre the expert and I'm nobody! And if I recall correctly, you're the same one that correlated participating in too many sports with low grades. That was a great evaluation by you.

But of course, youre the expert and I'm nobody! And if I recall correctly, you're the same one that correlated participating in too many sports with low grades. That was a great evaluation by you.
Nah, I think people need to be exposed to as many things when they are young.

When it comes to sports, they really need to specialize during college.

The days of Charlie Ward, two sport athletes are an anomaly these days.

Reactions: lobbybuu

That guy talking about anyones academics is hilarious, most of the time he speaks in gibberish and nobody understands him.

If I am not mistaken, three Zags from that conference in the last couple of years. Olympia is not a bball hot spot but Hicks played AAU also. No one is talking about that. I do think minutes will be hard to find for him but next year it all opens up with so many gradurations.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

Have you ever play multiple sports during a school year? Be honest...

Nah, I think people need to be exposed to as many things when they are young.

When it comes to sports, they really need to specialize during college.

The days of Charlie Ward, two sport athletes are an anomaly these days.
I agree Scrub! Why not let the kid play as many things as he likes so he can discover what he loves.
That guy talking about anyones academics is hilarious, most of the time he speaks in gibberish and nobody understands him.
Lmao I'm glad I'm not the only one
If I am not mistaken, three Zags from that conference in the last couple of years. Olympia is not a bball hot spot but Hicks played AAU also. No one is talking about that. I do think minutes will be hard to find for him but next year it all opens up with so many gradurations.
You're correct that current Zags came from that conference! Have they had a big impact on the team? This is me genuinely asking.

How many points did Hicks average during AAU?

But my point is he is talented as hell, but time will be hard to find especially early on.

Have you ever play multiple sports during a school year? Be honest...
Played 3 sports for 2 years in high school and 2 sports the other two years. Got a full ride to a top public university + full ride to law school.

I know you can't say the same for yourself

Played 3 sports for 2 years in high school and 2 sports the other two years. Got a full ride to a top public university + full ride to law school.

I know you can't say the same for yourself
Oooh, you're a big boy. When you meet everyone in Vegas, you will pay for everyone? I would show up for that...

Oooh, you're a big boy. When you meet everyone in Vegas, you will pay for everyone? I would show up for that...
Nice way to keep on deflecting lmao. You can't answer why my eval of Hicks was bad so you resort to personal shots and that didn't get you anywhere. I wouldn't have any issues if I was paying for everyone.

Keep on coming to Rebel net to post dumb shit lmao. Like @WhiteMamba said, you come on here and post and no one gets you.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Nice way to keep on deflecting lmao. You can't answer why my eval of Hicks was bad so you resort to personal shots and that didn't get you anywhere. I wouldn't have any issues if I was paying for everyone.

Keep on coming to Rebel net to post dumb shit lmao. Like @WhiteMamba said, you come on here and post and no one gets you.
You evaluation contradicts Sonny Vaccaro's , do you think you smart than he is?

If you have access, stick to just reporting....dont give a damn about your opinion.

If you have access, stick to just reporting....dont give a damn about your opinion.
So you're telling me to not give an opinion on a public board where everyone gives their opinions? You're in the minority if those that dont care about my opinion lmao

And you keep saying you dont care but you keep coming back to comment like a weirdo. So you dont provide any intel on here, youre clueless, and you dont make sense; bad combo buddy.

This is my last comment on here. Enjoy being mad through the screen and keep typing furiously. We all get a good laugh out of it.

I agree Scrub! Why not let the kid play as many things as he likes so he can discover what he loves.

Lmao I'm glad I'm not the only one

You're correct that current Zags came from that conference! Have they had a big impact on the team? This is me genuinely asking.

How many points did Hicks average during AAU?

But my point is he is talented as hell, but time will be hard to find especially early on.
That's my evaluation as well. He's a development player, who we hope sticks around 3 years or more as a top flight shooter... guys, he will be a freshman at a position that is 3 or more deep with known quantities.. unless there's injury or he's a defensive savant or just goes lights out shooting every time he touches ball, I don't see a route to a lot of minutes...

Last edited:
That's my evaluation as well. He's a development player, who we hope sticks around 3 years or more as a top flight shooter... guys, he will be a freshman at a position that is 3 or more deep with know quantities.. unless there's injury or he's a defensive savant or just goes lights out shooting every time he touches ball, I don't see a route to a lot of minutes...
I think that’s where coaches need to get better when recruiting. A lot of freshmen think they’re going to play a ton when they’re nowhere near ready.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT