OT: Star Wars

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
Is R2-D2 the best robot of all time?

what a way to end The Mandalore.

Rebel-Net, what are your thoughts.

Reactions: BrianGregory
Best real robot of all time? I'm not worldly enough to answer that. But check out this link from 2019 with a description of some impressive operational robot concepts.

Best robot of all time? I'd say maybe Optimus Prime.

Best robot of Star Wars? I'm gonna go with IG-11 from Mandalorian.

Incidentally, R2-D2 ranks #19 in a mixture of real and fictional robots.

Best real robot of all time? I'm not worldly enough to answer that. But check out this link from 2019 with a description of some impressive operational robot concepts.

Very good article.

Is R2-D2 the best robot of all time?

what a way to end The Mandalore.

Rebel-Net, what are your thoughts.

chopper and ap-5 are probably my favorite duo. K2SO was a great droid and I’m really looking forward to seeing him and cassian andor together again in the upcoming series.

doctor aphra’s droid companions, 000 and bt-1, are the dahmer and gacy versions of r2 and c3po. Highly recommend that series if you havent read it yet.

so many great droids, but with most of these the role of the human/droid companions plays a major part in their personalities. If I am picking a droid as a standalone favorite, it’s undoubtedly r2 with bb8 taking second.

Totally shocking end to the mandalorian season 2. And it created more of a stir in the fan base than anything the totally flushable sequel trilogy ever did. And it leaves season 3 open to a lot of interesting possibilities. Bo katan and the dark sabre, Luke’s academy and a possible toddler Ben solo who is around 4 years old at this point, the fate of moff gideon (who has become an outstanding empire character) and what does the future hold for mando himself? It’s a top tier addition to the SW universe and I think it’s only going to get better.

one last thing, Deborah chow is directing the obi wan series and her work on the mandolorian season 1 was absolutely phenomenal. And they’re bringing back Hayden, so expect that series to be better than anything they could have done in a single film.

chopper and ap-5 are probably my favorite duo. K2SO was a great droid and I’m really looking forward to seeing him and cassian andor together again in the upcoming series.

doctor aphra’s droid companions, 000 and bt-1, are the dahmer and gacy versions of r2 and c3po. Highly recommend that series if you havent read it yet.

so many great droids, but with most of these the role of the human/droid companions plays a major part in their personalities. If I am picking a droid as a standalone favorite, it’s undoubtedly r2 with bb8 taking second.

Totally shocking end to the mandalorian season 2. And it created more of a stir in the fan base than anything the totally flushable sequel trilogy ever did. And it leaves season 3 open to a lot of interesting possibilities. Bo katan and the dark sabre, Luke’s academy and a possible toddler Ben solo who is around 4 years old at this point, the fate of moff gideon (who has become an outstanding empire character) and what does the future hold for mando himself? It’s a top tier addition to the SW universe and I think it’s only going to get better.

one last thing, Deborah chow is directing the obi wan series and her work on the mandolorian season 1 was absolutely phenomenal. And they’re bringing back Hayden, so expect that series to be better than anything they could have done in a single film.
I dunno if I could watch more of ObiWan..

he kicked ass in the Clone Wars Cartoon.

he basically beat everybody in their prime in the prequels.

ahsoka taking on Thrawn seems more interesting..

Another person cancelled solely because of their opinions. What has this country become? I did not think this was China but maybe it is.
It’s Disney, so you have to lean left on your political beliefs..

im bummed that there won’t be anymore Gina but her character peaked. There’s nothing more to do with her character

Omg, I cannot freakin’ wait!!

My best friend has Disney so imma crash and watch it.

Yo, since UNLV cancelled our mascot, I wanna get a red Rebel pilot outfit and wear it to UNLV games.

I’ll be known as Red 4

Reactions: the Florian Trout

Omg, I cannot freakin’ wait!!

My best friend has Disney so imma crash and watch it.

Yo, since UNLV cancelled our mascot, I wanna get a red Rebel pilot outfit and wear it to UNLV games.

I’ll be known as Red 4
Scrub,

Yes... That would be exceptional. I 100% believe we should accept the "Rebels" and Rebellion logos and images from Star Wars if we cant use Hey Reb... A Chewy mascot, Jedi pre-game shows... Cantina style bars at the Mack and Allegiant...

Also, if I was local Id dress up as well. A whole squadron in the stands would be hilarious.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Scrub,

Yes... That would be exceptional. I 100% believe we should accept the "Rebels" and Rebellion logos and images from Star Wars if we cant use Hey Reb... A Chewy mascot, Jedi pre-game shows... Cantina style bars at the Mack and Allegiant...

Also, if I was local Id dress up as well. A whole squadron in the stands would be hilarious.
And the Rebel Girls dressed up as Twi'leks. Kevin can go as Darth Vader, Lon as the Emperor. We'd probably get sued by Disney though.

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
Scrub,

I can see us getting beat up dressing up for some anime convention instead of a Rebel football games
And the Rebel Girls dressed up as Twi'leks. Kevin can go as Darth Vader, Lon as the Emperor. We'd probably get sued by Disney though.
UNLV Rebels..I think it could possibly work.
I think if it pisses off both UNLV administration and Disney, then Im aboard and it’s a win.

Most kids these days absolutely hate Star Wars though.

I gotta hook up with @rebelhomer. The guy was the original OG when it comes to outfits. He dressed up in ghostbusters outfit for kids. Hope that guy is still alive. Haven’t heard from him in ages.

You guys are talking about ...... um ..... robots.

If you want, you can come over on Saturday night and we can stream some kpop music and play some old school dungeons and dragons.

Let me know.
Yeah Robots, those things that are taking over our jobs..

August 23rd. I cannot freakin’ wait!!!!

@MonsterJam

Reactions: Masked_rebel
At this point, Disney should stop spending money on any other TV or movies and let Filoni just produce content for Star Wars universe... Let him take a crack at Legends, Old Republic, etc.. Absolute masterpiece so fa. Bravo Dave, Bravo

Reactions: RebelScrub
Well, I will confess, I never watched Rebels. So it's my understanding I will be left in the dark in a lot of what happens in Ahsoka.

If it's good - like Andor good (that was pretty damn good), let me know and I will watch it like Ben watches Luke.
luke-lightsaber-header.jpg

Guys, let’s show up in Star Wars outfits at the game. Who’s with me?!!

Okay I cheated and haven’t watched it yet but I heard Sabine Ren takes a shot like Qui-Gon but she didn’t die!!

Lightsaber right to the stomach.

Bro, Optimus Prime is actually pretty bad ass!! I absolutely love this movie!!

Can't be the best robot of all time if you get killed by another robot in the first 20 minutes of your movie.
Would Optimus have killed Megatron if Rodimus Prime didn’t interfere?

He’s the ultimate good guy…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT